Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsMy journal. Kieran

My journal. Kieran

Users viewing topic: & 2 Guests

Cant be too much wrong with shoulder mate if you can nail 122x5 on the log
JC said:Cant be too much wrong with shoulder mate if you can nail 122x5 on the log

only cleaned it mate
2-10-09

ive had a week off this week to rest my shoulder and lower back

1 minute bike warm up. a couple of quad stretches.

high bar squats

60kg 10 reps
100kg 6 reps
140kg 5 reps
180kg 5 reps
220kg 3 reps with belt and tried my new 2.5 metre apt knee wraps. never used a pair like this before, really really tight without even putting them on tight.
260kg belt and knee wraps. very easy rep, paused at bottom of lift... all down to the knee wraps though.

shoulder felt okay upto 260kg, but wasnt as bad as it had been. i think im going to start training chest, to gain flexibility in the shoulders. would love to keep doing low bar squats.

front squats

100kg 5 reps
140kg 5 reps
180kg failed

bench press 60kg 10 reps
close grip bench press 60kg 10 reps

shoulder feels a little better.
oh and before the 260kg squat i sniffed a brand new nose tork close. my face was on fire Grin
hi mate

i have been enjoying squats but wrecking my bodyparts too

so i am going to make a big bar thing which allows you to grip lower and take some strain off shoulders/elbows/biceps

got quite a list to get through first though will post a pic when i have made it
Post Edited: 02.10.2009 @ 18:44 PM by jt
doppelHappy
jt said:doppelHappy

nice one, ill look into that when youve made some. i am a little deluded on squats, high bar my lower back is in an awful position and low bar squats destroys my rotator cuffs. ive been offered a cammed bar or something, told its a bent bar or something... was thinking of trying this out.
jt said:hi mate

i have been enjoying squats but wrecking my bodyparts too

so i am going to make a big bar thing which allows you to grip lower and take some strain off shoulders/elbows/biceps

got quite a list to get through first though will post a pic when i have made it

I will definitely get one of these off you. Was looking at the Buffalo bar from Ironmind but not cheap... I need to get squatting again:

Way down this road, in a gym far away
A young man was once heard to say,
“I’ve repped high and I’ve repped low,
No matter what I do, my legs won’t grow.”

He tried leg extensions, leg curls and leg presses, too
Trying to cheat, these sissy workouts he’d do
From the corner of the gym where the big men train,
Through a cloud of chalk in the midst of pain.

Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives,
Where the noise is made with big forty-fives,
A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped up his knees,
A very big man with legs like trees,

Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack,
Chalking his hands and his monstrous back,
Said, “Boy, stop lying and don’t say you’ve forgotten
Trouble with you is you ain’t been squattin’.”
haha nice poem, thanks
Solid squatting and hope the rehab on the shoulder gets you back to full fitness
I sniffed nose tork close to my nose like i would normal smelling salts and my nose almost dropped off.
Thing said:Solid squatting and hope the rehab on the shoulder gets you back to full fitness

cheers mate, just sticking to light exercises for shoulders hopefully itll get better. hopefully stearing clear of low bar squats should help.
richards9876 said:I sniffed nose tork close to my nose like i would normal smelling salts and my nose almost dropped off.

its good stuff, love it Happy just hope theres no long term damage by using them
bhamstaff said:
cheers mate, just sticking to light exercises for shoulders hopefully itll get better. hopefully stearing clear of low bar squats should help.

Do you put your arms as wide as possible on the bar when doing low bar squats mate? When i do it, my hands are almost touching the inside collars, takes pressure off a bit.
nice squats mate. are you still on for doing the comp?

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsMy journal. Kieran
Return to top View Desktop Site