REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 320 guests
You are here: HomeForumWiegieboard → View All Posts

View All Posts: Wiegieboard

12345678910 ... ... 746747748749750751752753754755756

» Do all of these massage n stuff work (Go to post)28-11-2009 @ 17:59 
Post Edited: 28.11.2009 @ 18:00 PM by Wiegieboard
I have used deep tissue massage to get over a number of physical problems with regard to poor muscle tissue quality. It works, especially with regards to flexibility issues and cramp etc. A flexible muscle with high tissue quality is much more resistant to injury than a stiff muscle.
Massage helps with regards to injured muscle also. Scar tissue is a terrible problem within a muscle, massaging scar tissue during healing properly maintains flexibility where otherwise the tissue would stiffen.
» Police and power (Go to post)28-11-2009 @ 17:40 
Post Edited: 28.11.2009 @ 17:50 PM by Wiegieboard
It's of my opinion that if anyone decides to assault me, their life now belongs to me and is mine to do with as I please.
Careful wording and an understanding of Scottish law has seen people who have attempted to assault me both receive the best pasting that I could possibly give them at that time and also a jail sentence. The most recent person who attempted to assault me, tried to do so with a knife. His name was Paul Anthony White and shortly after he was sent to jail over the incident, someone actually murdered him in prison quite ironically with a knife. I'll admit that I laughed when I was told. I believe that random and unprovoked assaults should be dealt with in a much heavier handed way.
I also believe that agreed fights between two consenting adults should be legal IF both parties agree to pay for their own medical treatment after the fight.

As for property, I believe that everyone should have the right to live peacefully in their own home without fear of intrusion. I also believe that everyone should be allowed to defend their property in any way that is needed to turn an aggressor into a non threat.

In my mind, an unconscious and restrained intruder or aggressor can cause no harm. A person who is still able to move is still able to deal life threatening damage in an incredibly short period of time. This is why when I've been in any violent situation in the past that I've made clear I don't want to happen, my prime concern is to turn that conscious and dangerous individual into an unconscious and subdued, non-dangerous individual.

Any decent person should have the right to live in peace and also the right to defend that peace. What we don't have in British law is a well thought out and practical system of maintaining the right to defend oneself. In the U.K., the difference between going to jail and being praised as a hero for your actions is determined by your understanding of the English language and the way in which you word your actions. I believe that this is wrong. Not everyone can speak as well as I can and people are being charged for actions identical to what I have been praised for in these kinds of situations.

Our law has a long way to go before it's correct in my eyes.

I'm good friends with a now retired Chief of Police, he has said on numerous occasions that him and his officers were completely hamstrung from doing the job that they signed up to do through the politicisation of policing and the 'target' culture. I do not blame the police force for this, I blame the bureaucratic knobs in Government and the Civil Service who make policy without the knowledge needed to make effective decisions.

Well said that man. I went through police training a couple of years back as I wished to join up. I never took the job at the end because I learned whilst going through training that the job is not what it should be. I found it quite farcical actually.
Politics in this country is rife with incompetence and idiocy. The police in the end are only allowed to do what the politicians (People with no experience in the matter) tell them to do. Bit of a joke really.
» Just Had An Intruder (Go to post)26-11-2009 @ 23:17 
richards9876 said:Yeah hopefully he will not have taken any offence and forget it come the morning.

Dead people can't hold a grudge. You know now what to do the next time Grin
» Original post deleted (Go to post)26-11-2009 @ 21:05 
My exercise was limited to pulling crates up trees when I was younger.

You're building a good strong base and you'll get great technique with your dads coaching.
Well done on your session today!
» Gym flooring/ Rubber mats ? (Go to post)25-11-2009 @ 00:29 
WILLSAN said:
no mate 1 is fine. the bar sticks out slightly but it doesnt make any difference.

It'd make the bar easier to load I imagine?
» Favourite clothes outside the gym? (Go to post)25-11-2009 @ 00:23 
Loose jeans and a ragtag old t shirt of some description.(I have t shirts more than 10 years old in my collection) I also like fleece jackets in the winter. I enjoy skate shoes for the old feet.
» Matts Journal - Onwards and Upwards (Go to post)24-11-2009 @ 23:28 
That's a beast of a kettlebell!
» Wiegieboard gets his grunt on. (Go to post)24-11-2009 @ 22:36 
Today was squat day.
I've been lifting for pretty much bang on 3 months now, So I decided that it's time to find out my single. I knew that my single would be close to my fives but f**k, I never knew it'd be this close!

I worked up to this.

Squats:

1xfail/130
1x1/125 PB???

The 130 fail was pretty hilarious. I went arse to the grass, pushed up past parallel, went up some more, got pretty close to the top and then stuck. It was officially the highest sticking point in the galaxy.

The rep at 125 felt great though. I went arse to the grass again, and banged it right up there like it was nothing.
Still, this squat is really quite laughable to most people. I've always had weak and very skinny legs.My knee joints are as wide as most folks elbow joints but the upside of my thin legs is that I can run 20 miles cross country after about 2 weeks training when I drop to 13 stone. I'll just have to keep plugging away and plugging away. I'd love to get a 150 squat one day.

Front squats:

3x5/70 (I really like this exercise.)

Benchpress:

2x8/75
1x10/75

Barbell rows:

3x6/90

Was a fun day I guess. I've never gone near max on squats before but I enjoyed it. Hopefully in another 3 months there'll be another 10 plate on each side.
» Toby's training log (Go to post)23-11-2009 @ 22:42 
Toby said:
I shaved for the first time in a month today, so i guess it made me more aerodynamic or something

LOL! In that case I'm gonna have a shave tonight after my shower. Bald face for the liftoff.
» Toby's training log (Go to post)23-11-2009 @ 22:38 
Dude your squats are getting insane so fast! I'm major jealous!
» Savickas breaks log world record 212.5kg (Go to post)23-11-2009 @ 00:00 
That's absolutely epic!
» Beast in the making (Go to post)22-11-2009 @ 23:56 
All the best.

I've only got a benchpress 1rm so I'm in the same boat!
Have fun.
» Wiegieboard gets his grunt on. (Go to post)22-11-2009 @ 16:28 
Wes said:Good to see you back at it.

Just looking at your speed bench, what is your best Bench ? How fast were those speed lifts ? I'm only asking as they look a bit heavy, to me anyway, but then my bench is s**t and I'm only mentioning it as I'm a bit unsure of my own speed bench sessions and looking at yours it just made me wonder !

Keep it up...

Hey dude. Good question.

This was my final week of speedbench.
I did many weeks of speed bench working up to around 70% max by the end just yesterday. I do understand that the speedbench is heavy but the reason that I started that bit heavier is because personally I seem to have good velocity even at heavier weights eg. 70% max. I do understand that you're meant to use approximately 50% max though.
I'm hoping to attain a 107.5kg-110kg bench on this Tuesday coming before finding another dynamic movement, possibly something involving plyometrics to mix it up a bit?
When I come back around to speedbench, I'm gonna give the 50% max a go, progressing by 5% each week.
The last 100kg bench that I performed went up rather easily
» Wiegieboard gets his grunt on. (Go to post)22-11-2009 @ 04:34 
Post Edited: 22.11.2009 @ 04:40 AM by Wiegieboard
So I came back to deadlifting today after a couple of weeks off ill. Piratebrido was also in the same boat and on his second last week of 5s.

I started with deads.

Deadlift:

1x8/135
1x8/132
1x8/130

Considering the length of time I've been off and haven't deadlifted, I'm happy that I kept some strength in the lift. I was expecting a bigger drop in performance than what actually happened.

I moved on to my last week of speed bench as my dynamic movement.

Bench Press (Speedbench)

8x3/70

Bent over rows: 45 degree back position.

4x6/80kg

I've not done these in ages, it was great fun!

Brido is still lifting stronger. It was his first heavy bench session ever today. Previous to today, he had only done 3 weeks of speed bench. He managed an easy 100kg.
His deads really are coming on spectacularly too. He's gonna be one hell of a strong guy and when he goes back to Judo and wrestling, I have no doubt that he'll be tossing folk like they're made out of straw.
» FAVORITE BOXERS (Go to post)21-11-2009 @ 01:39 
Eubank is a huuge favourite of mine. I was also a huge fan of Marvin Haggler.
Both fighters are capable of sustaining massive damage and keep on throwing leather.
I also liked Sugar Ray Robinson. The man defied physics with the way he moved.

12345678910 ... ... 746747748749750751752753754755756

You are here: HomeForumWiegieboard → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions