REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 331 guests
You are here: HomeForumWiegieboard → View All Posts

View All Posts: Wiegieboard

12345678910 ... 746747 ... 748749750751752753754755756757758

» The Log of the Lurking One! (Go to post)02-02-2010 @ 23:33 
I like the way you warmup with bar weight. It's something I've taken to doing myself. I get funny looks off of the guys but I find that it really prepares me much better. Glad I'm not the only one lol.
» Season 2 ! (Go to post)02-02-2010 @ 23:28 
MarkClegg said:Tuesday 02-02-2010 Training with Kev & James.

101kgDuct Taped two 10kg discs to the DBell but because they are bigger diameter couldn`t sit it on my shoulder so couldn`t attempt press and i`d ran outta Duct tape.. Shame Unhappy

This is absolutely the dogs bo***cks! Made me smile Grin
» Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhh budddy! - Dave's Log (Go to post)02-02-2010 @ 23:25 
Well done on the PB. "Ye cannae whack it wae a big stick" as we say in my country.
I'm looking forward to the vid.
Props also on using the foam rolling and hockey ball. It's something which I feel is greatly under rated for warmup, rehab and injury prevention.
» Wiegieboard gets his grunt on. (Go to post)02-02-2010 @ 23:16 
Post Edited: 02.02.2010 @ 23:21 PM by Wiegieboard
Today was the day I had to bring it to the table.

I mentioned in my previous workout that I was going to do both Squats and deadlifts today and so I did.

Squat technique coaching from Bryan Riddel:
70kg, finding the perfect depth, hip and glute activation.
90kg, activating the glutes below perfect depth, lower back posture correction, driving shoulders into the bar on the rise, eye and chest position.

I now have a new posture and points to focus on whilst driving upwards.

Squats:
2x5/110kg With the new technique and posture, more power was derived from my hip and leg drive. My back barely felt any use at all and I maintained increased velocity throughout the sets.
1x5/112.5kg The new technique worked great and felt far less strenuous than my previous method of lifting. I stopped at five reps but honestlty felt I could have done 6 or 7 reps easily. My technique is feeling quite developed now and is nearly where I want it to be.

Deadlifts:
I have been studying my favourite deadlifter in the gym, Stevie, for a couple of months now. My eye is drawn continually to the way he makes the technique and lift look so beautiful and natural. He shifts absolutely massive weight, seeming to hold form better than anyone else I've seen wether it be on youtube or in practice. Finding out that our joints and bones have very similar lengths and proportions has led me to study the form mentally, finally bringing his stance, depth, arm position and posture into effect as of today. f**k me I wish I'd done this earlier!

2x5/145kg I thought that someone had loaded the bar with hollow disks. I've never in my life lifted a similar weight with such velocity.
1x5/150kg I believe I failed at rep number 4 last week. Today was very different. Completing rep four, I felt like I was just getting started. Having already done a squat session, I couldn't believe I felt good for number five in such a pronounced manner. My rate of ascent on rep five was slightly slower than the rest, slower but uniformly smooth and postured in a way I've never felt during a final rep, previous to today. It felt lovely!

2 footed standing 47" Box Jumps:
10 reps. I do this exercise for velocity.

Decline Ab crunches:
2x25/bw

Today was an enlightening session. A big step forward in my education as a powerlifter.
» Dave Ricks (Go to post)01-02-2010 @ 21:34 
He looks younger than I do and I'm 25.
Hopefully I'll still be getting batter at his age too.
» Injury Thats Fucked You Up The Most ? (Go to post)01-02-2010 @ 21:22 
Post Edited: 01.02.2010 @ 21:25 PM by Wiegieboard
Severe and undiagnosed asthma destroyed me.
I used to train wrestling, thai, high rep weights and cardio pretty much like a full time athlete until I took ill in july 2006. I dropped a s**t tonne of weight and was left bedridden for months, almost dying as a result.

It took me about 3 and a half years to get my breathing under control enough to step back onto a lifting platform where I found that I had detremented severely in every fitness element.

I'm now going from strength to strength so much so that I've recently added in a 3rd day of training per week. I am soon to be adding some cardio also in the form of swimming and fellrunning when the summer comes. I managed some fellrunning last year before taking ill again, but am much more in control since getting better from that. I'm now on pills for my condition.

I can really see myself being back to health in a couple of years if I play my cards right.

I look very much forward to it.

P.S. I believe that my asthma was brought about through severe overtraining as well as through the use of cleaning chemicals to clean my old home and club gym.
» Kingham ripping some big PBs (Go to post)31-01-2010 @ 01:02 
Cool pb and really great editing on this one.
» What's the fascination... (Go to post)31-01-2010 @ 00:58 
Graham Nortons hair.
n. Descriptive of ones barnet after being seagulled by a gentleman, or after walking under Status Quos hotel room Balcony.
» What's the fascination... (Go to post)31-01-2010 @ 00:54 
I is fascinated with homosexual womanz. I leik it when the finger goes in the cha cha.
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)30-01-2010 @ 16:30 
Holy s**t dude you're strong as an ox.
Well done on your PB
» Wiegieboard gets his grunt on. (Go to post)30-01-2010 @ 15:33 
I went round to an old flatmates place last night.

A group of individuals known as the old guard came round and we ended up having a large drinking session which led me to fall asleep after 6 am this morning.
I awoke in time to get ready for training but despite the 4 pints of water I had before bed, I felt like a slug in the Sahara. Really drained, too warm and too tired.

As a result of feeling this way and of not wanting to s**t a foul, pungent liquid upon any of the Olympic lifting platforms for the youth team to slide over on Monday, I have decided to skip training today.(Boooo sssssss) Instead, I'm opting to lie in bed with the Anne Rice book I took a loan of and my trusty but weak ass laptop.

On one hand I'm a little miffed at myself for drinking the whole box of beer and feeling this way. On the other hand, I'm really enjoying watching the 18 or 19 year old teen titties presented to my person by way of www.Stickam.com.

I'd go to the shop to buy a couple of pizzas for tonight if only I could stop s**tting long enough to get there and back safely.

Guess I'll be doing a double session on Tuesday.

3x5 deads and 3x5 squats.

My hips shall be powder.
» Andys less short sighted journal (Go to post)29-01-2010 @ 17:56 
That's a beast of a session!
Nice work for someone who couldn't walk haha.
» Some recent training.... (Go to post)29-01-2010 @ 17:13 
That was a bloody awesome session. Inspiring!
» Wiegieboard gets his grunt on. (Go to post)29-01-2010 @ 17:09 
Thanks a lot gents.
It means a lot to me having the support of great lifters like yourselves, especially considering that I'm a baby in the sport.
Reading your Journals always spurns me on to try my hardest as it shows me how far people can go when they're consistent and determined.
» Wiegieboard gets his grunt on. (Go to post)29-01-2010 @ 15:23 
Thank you, I'm trying to go up a couple of kilos a week.

12345678910 ... 746747 ... 748749750751752753754755756757758

You are here: HomeForumWiegieboard → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions