REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 171 guests
You are here: HomeForumjimmyf → View All Posts

View All Posts: jimmyf

12345678910 ... ... 2627282930313233343536

» JimmyF's Pursuit of Power (Go to post)26-02-2013 @ 17:58 
milsy said:that bit of benching was mint your technique is spot on now

cheers Milsey mukka, things are deffo coming together technique wise now training more reg wi macca and jonny, well done on the IPF selection mate and comp btw.
» Walker Powerlifting 2013 (Go to post)26-02-2013 @ 10:52 
Nice bench, its flying!
» JimmyF's Pursuit of Power (Go to post)26-02-2013 @ 10:49 
might aswell follow Macca's mate as basically just doing what am told and training with him and jonny when he's down at home lol
» Macca's Log of Power! (Go to post)24-02-2013 @ 16:00 
its ok mate youv'e got to have someone to blame lol
» Macca's Log of Power! (Go to post)23-02-2013 @ 19:13 
Great effort bud, consistant raw 200kg+ squats, and proper squats, dead's looked good mate, be a nice yardstick next week to see where you are properly.
» Macca's Log of Power! (Go to post)23-02-2013 @ 12:04 
BigMacca said:Oh, and it's just occurred to me that I've neglected to mention that I've been selected to be on the GBPF squad for the IPF Classic comp in Russia Cool

Nice one bud! is that in the summer Macca?
» Macca's Log of Power! (Go to post)22-02-2013 @ 08:35 
Im looking forward to a light week too lol

Yes mate il be down tonight, bout half 6 like normal?

Just heading out to work so if im not back home at some point il just text you to make sure of time.
» deads advice (Go to post)21-02-2013 @ 19:37 
Ramsay777 said:I would say it's pretty simple really... Pull from the floor!

I have always been a crap deadlifter, probably due to the fact that I never deadlifted from the floor when I was bodybuilding. I only ever did romanian deadlifts from a rack, starting from the top; this caused my lockout to be very strong in comparison to my strength off the floor.

I started training for strength maybe 4 or 5 months ago so obviously needed to build up my deadlift strength off the floor. I was recommended to do, and have done so for a while now, was deficit deadlifts (I stand on 25kg plates - nothing major) for triples, followed by deep, paused front squats for sets of 5, along with some posterior chain work; hammie curls, GHRs, etc.

It's been working, taken my deadlift from 180kg to 220kg - Will be maxing again next week and planning a comfortable 235kg.

Basically, deadlift more, from the floor or deficit. Hope this helps bro.

Good sound advice, I was crap off the floor, rack pulls and locking out don't seem to be a problem, so started just hitting the weakness, I think off blocks has a good carry over but only once you have a decent floor pull.
» training ruts (Go to post)21-02-2013 @ 13:39 
Simeon said:
Oh dear, where's Vanillagorilla?? Grin Tongue

lol sorry wa mi comments grounds for geting a smacked arse or sumat Eek Confused Unhappy Grin
» training ruts (Go to post)21-02-2013 @ 08:24 
If your lacking the motivation and enthusiasm its normally time to back off, or week off or de-load or whatever, sometimes a complete break for a week, but many feel guilty or lazy doing this, the word overtraining gets used a lot but I think not many realise how fried our CNS gets from hitting constant heavy weight, and everyone's different.
» Call me Jimmy, my friends do! (Go to post)19-02-2013 @ 19:14 
any reason for change in squat technique mate? You feel it'll help you get stronger kind of pausing it and eliminating the bounce?
» Macca's Log of Power! (Go to post)19-02-2013 @ 13:48 
lmao @ "fat jonny" not sure he'll be pleased at that lol

Sorry about saturday bud, I actually didn't get up until 10am and thought it would have been a lost cause by then.

Nice fronties mate btw hopeto get down this week as no call-out at work until sunday thank f@$k!
» ACTIVATE: BEAST MODE (Go to post)16-02-2013 @ 20:01 
milsy said:Well a good days lifting won the u23 120 British jnrs and set a new britsh bench record will have videos to follow didn't push hard as its first comp back bit well happy

Squats
322.5 really easy

Bench
232.5 new British record felt like there was plenty more there

Deadlift
245 left it there to finish on 800 total

All in all really happy with it great bunch of guys helping out and lifting today too many to name looking forward for next comp and a chance to really push this equipped lifting already planning my training : )

Thats great mate well done pal
» Macca's Log of Power! (Go to post)15-02-2013 @ 08:47 
c'mon Macca get wednesdays training up Happy

*might* have got rid of standby tonight from work so will text you if I have as will be able to get down mate.
» Macca's Log of Power! (Go to post)14-02-2013 @ 13:18 
BigMacca said:
The roads weren't that bad last night mate, you would have been fine if you had slightly bigger balls Grin
See you on Saturday mate

lol i know i know, felt a let down tbh and squats at home were s**t, your garage adds 20kg...and if u had a monolift.....

then this morning....all bloody metled and gone....Roll-Eyes

12345678910 ... ... 2627282930313233343536

You are here: HomeForumjimmyf → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions