REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 284 guests
You are here: HomeForumjimmyf → View All Posts

View All Posts: jimmyf

12345678910 ... 25 ... 2627282930313233343536

» Why So Many Feds ? (Go to post)28-04-2013 @ 12:04 
walker said:
Lol. To be fair to the BPC at the comp in Folkestone the judging was strict, there were no gifts and high squats were red lighted, a lot. They were no different to the GBPF comp I went to..

Hear hear, did my 1st BPC comp y'day and the pause on chest was in line with any GBPF comp Ive seen, same with squats, needed good depth to pass, I do believe the BPC have taken note and clamping down tbh.

BPC gets mocked but it has a lot of good calibre lifters IMO, its helped me training with 2 gbpf lifters tbh though for strictness at comps.
» Macca's Log of Power! (Go to post)28-04-2013 @ 11:56 
cracking lifting yet again Paul, looking forward to seeing what "singles" week brings.....hope to get down again soon, on call this friday but hopefully week after!
» Big Bad Baz Barraclough is at it again - 260kg Bench - Raw! (Go to post)28-04-2013 @ 11:27 
jrepp said:
Cheers mate..He said to me that he was going for the bpc record.I told him that 250 is the best in the country which he didn't know but he seemed confident of beating it.

just edited and put vid in mate, i think he's doubled 250kg before in gym think if he'd have gone straight for 250 he might have had 260kg or so in him...
» Big Bad Baz Barraclough is at it again - 260kg Bench - Raw! (Go to post)28-04-2013 @ 11:07 
Post Edited: 28.04.2013 @ 11:15 AM by jimmyf
took record of 232.5kg then did 250kg which looked as quick as my fukin warm ups....then failed 255kg.....immense lifting, the shirted guys couldn't match him.

id like to see him do a full comp though, but his pressing is immense, i think my wife got a vid of him il upload it.

jim

Note the wife telling the kid who jumped in front of camera to"oi move your fat head" pmsl Eek Grin lol

» Macca's Log of Power! (Go to post)25-04-2013 @ 18:39 
great session bud, nice rep work with the fat gripz, must have done some good I reckon, ur sticking point looks better than it was and im sure that'll be evident with some singles.
» Walker Powerlifting 2013 (Go to post)25-04-2013 @ 09:17 
walker said:
The coconut oil I've bought tastes like s**t on its own!

is it liquid form or the congealed type, call it oil but its hard...useit for frying n stuff.

Good stuff bud, the body will get used to the lack of carbs soon enough!

If it gets too rough maybe use pre workout and post workout carbs then pro/fat fro rest of meals?
» Macca's Log of Power! (Go to post)24-04-2013 @ 17:03 
BigMacca said:
I'm still currently upsetting them it would seem....

fuksake,if GBPF alow them surely it should cross over to their affiliate the IPF? fukin feds eh, just join the BPC Macca lolTongue
» Macca's Log of Power! (Go to post)23-04-2013 @ 18:14 
No Jonny? I didn't do much y'day but he missed that too? Confused
» Any 200kg plus cg benchers on here? (Go to post)23-04-2013 @ 12:33 
Fazc said:
I think we're pretty much on the same page.
Like I said it's not always going to help, a smaller arch can get the chest involved more and for a raw lifter that is going to be the key in getting the weight off the chest and up.
I tend to think the excessive arch has more benefit for equipped lifters, where they get the pop off the chest regardless so a smaller ROM will always lead to a bigger bench.
Just imo.

agree with the arch being important for equipped bud deffo, I have a very small arch, feels horrible if too big tbh and makes me weaker??Confused
» Any 200kg plus cg benchers on here? (Go to post)23-04-2013 @ 11:33 
LeedsMiniPower said:Pretty much no leg drive or arch jimmy.

that's some pressing then mate, Macca showed me how to set up right with legs and its done wonders for mine.

I think your just a natural presser tho, u f**ker lol
» Any 200kg plus cg benchers on here? (Go to post)23-04-2013 @ 11:32 
Fazc said:More arch isn't necessarily going to equal a bigger bench.

no but cut the rom down and im sure it'll add pounds to the bar, not always guaranteed I admit, and not everyone can do it but it should cut out most ppl's weakness which is just a few inches above chest when flat no?
» Any 200kg plus cg benchers on here? (Go to post)23-04-2013 @ 11:17 
if its broke don't fix it!

If anything get more technique and arch, hard to see how much leg drive is going into Sob's bench but he looks a very strong flat backer, reduce rom and surely even bigger things to come?

Im an inside the rings man, feel a lot weaker with wide grip,makesmy rom massive but just more comfy and natural
» Walker Powerlifting 2013 (Go to post)22-04-2013 @ 16:36 
walker said:
I try to get the fats in too as per the book. Cheeses, bacon, oil, cream etc.. I think I might need more though. I need to get some MCT/Coconut oil as well Grin

the coconut oil is nice aint it, think MP stopped doing it though ffs, aye don't be frightened to bang loads of fats in if the carbs are at literally zero Mark.

Mark Bell certainly looks in good nick following a pro/fat diet...
» Macca's Log of Power! (Go to post)22-04-2013 @ 12:42 
BigMacca said:
jimmyf said:
Think its a confidence thing with me and squatting lol

I may have mentioned this once or twice in the past I think Grin

your always right you f**ker lol

Yep, kept stance same through out, concentrated on form more with wraps and voila, something worked lol
» Macca's Log of Power! (Go to post)22-04-2013 @ 11:00 
BigMacca said:
Cheers Jim,
Off on my jollies in 5 weeks mate Cool
Let's try and get together soon mate, looks like your squatting is getting solid again Happy

cool mate yep, weren't sure on the depth in the vids tbh bud? what did u think?

Think its a confidence thing with me and squatting lol

Be good to get back to normal training 4 x per week again.

12345678910 ... 25 ... 2627282930313233343536

You are here: HomeForumjimmyf → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions