Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsSparrow Legs Strongman Training

Sparrow Legs Strongman Training

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Well done on the bench mate, and all-round strongness!
The PB CGBP looks far more comfy that you described mate...good work

Very solid session yesterday. PB 18" deadlift was superb, and loh looked a lot more solid than of late. I think if you stick with the triples (or 3 x singles to stop the heavier lean back with each progressive rep...) 130 or more will go in April
Well done on the 18" PB Happy
Great presing and 18s mate. Very impressive once again.
Thanks for the comments everyone, I was reasonably pleased with the session. The log was still gash BUT a step in the right direction.

Thanks Neil. I just hope this added triceps strength transfers over into my OH strength. Otherwise I'm sacking benching off altogether and taking the 'Joni' approach to OH lifting...Wink

Andy - I don't think I'll put the vid up as I don't really like hitched deadlifts.

Macca - what aren't you sure about??? They definitely add something for me? Wink

Shane - yeah my 170 bench is shirted. I would like to think it would be more in the 190 region now though. I'm going to test it out in the near future I reckon.

JC - I'm going to stick with push presses for another few weeks, then as I get stronger/more stable/more confident MAYBE I'll switch to push jerks. I am thinking about cleaning each rep rather than lowering to the chest. See how that works out.
Dude keep the bench going and it will help trust me Wink
Bloody hell milsy! you looking very strong atm!
Tuesday 17th January

Catts session with JC, Boar and Paschal.

Squat
60kg x 5,5
100kg x 5
147.5kg x 5
Add knee wraps
170kg x 5
192.5kg x 10 PB

Deadlift no suit
100kg x 3
140kg x 3
180kg x 1 DOH
220kg x 3
190kg x 3,3,3,3,3 (may have accidentally done a 6th)

Stiff-legged deficit deadlift touch and go
120kg x 8
150kg x 8
Neil - will do mate. I have faith in your pressing beastliness!

Damo - not too sure about that, but I'm doing alright for me. See you at the qualifier if not before.
Post Edited: 17.01.2012 @ 22:33 PM by Thing
Good lad & and very strong squatting Johnny
Beast squats Jonny!
Strong squatting mate. Im hoping you hit a regression before the northerns. Roll-Eyes Grin
fab set on 10 on the squats jonny !!
great squats that man!
Squatting looked great tonight mate, as did the deads. Squats = very strong

Robbo said:Strong squatting mate. Im hoping you hit a regression before the northerns. Roll-Eyes Grin

For the 1st time, I think people are actually looking at Mills as a serious winner (I certainly am), rather than the usual dark horse

I think, if he trains right, and has a good few months before the Northern, he can pick up his first 105 title

Mills, yourself, John (if he improves his sandbags) and Mark will have a great battle for the No.1 spot this year IMO

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsSparrow Legs Strongman Training
Return to top View Desktop Site