Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTom's training log...

Tom's training log...

Users viewing topic: & 2 Guests

Post Edited: 03.08.2013 @ 20:34 PM by davidhowarth
JamieG said:Today's posts on this journal span 4 pages... with 0 training.

It would be more but purple aki doesn't post in here through fear of competition.
davidhowarth said:
It would be more but purple aki doesn't post in here through fear of competition.

Well done, it's 5 pages now Tongue
JamieG said:Today's posts on this journal span 4 pages... with 0 training.

This is normal!
deleted2_20210523
deleted
MrSmall
Tessa said:Yeh I have every confidence great things will happen for you tomorrow! Happy
I predict....250/170/340 !! If I'm right then I win a T shaped prize lol

good prediction!!!

great numbers Tom
Tessa
Woop Tom had an awesome day today! So pleased he got 9 out of 9 lifts and looked like there was more in there for next time!
Really good lifting.
Tessa said:Woop Tom had an awesome day today! So pleased he got 9 out of 9 lifts and looked like there was more in there for next time!
Really good lifting.

What about you Tessa ? What number did you hit ! Did you qualify ?
Tessa
MarkClegg said:
What about you Tessa ? What number did you hit ! Did you qualify ?

Heya Mark. I got a British record deadlift of 125kg and a British record total of 260 weighing in at 46.7kg.
My bench was pretty s**t though lol.
Tessa said:
Heya Mark. I got a British record deadlift of 125kg and a British record total of 260 weighing in at 46.7kg.
My bench was pretty s**t though lol.

A 125 kg Deadlift at 46kg Bodyweight WOW !! Well I'm no mathematician but that's as strong as a bloody ANT !!

Well Done !!

Imagine what Tom and Tessa Martins babies would be able to Deadlift ??? s**t !!

Well Done to the both of you .
Tessa
MarkClegg said:
A 125 kg Deadlift at 46kg Bodyweight WOW !! Well I'm no mathematician but that's as strong as a bloody ANT !!
Well Done !!
Imagine what Tom and Tessa Martins babies would be able to Deadlift ??? s**t !!
Well Done to the both of you .

Thanks! Well they would be pretty s**t benchers though so it would even itself out. Lol.

Toms deadlift was absolutely amazing. He broke the British record with his first attempt of 310kg and then went on to add 35kg to the old record with 340kg for his last lift.
He's so lucky with his genetics Tongue awesome work Tom!
340 Jesus!!! Well done mate, was it 250/170 for squats and bench then?!
Tessa
CJR said:340 Jesus!!! Well done mate, was it 250/170 for squats and bench then?!

Yes for a 760kg total.
Well, it was a good day for everyone in my little camp!

Weigh in :

Main objective here was to get Tessa into the competition, there was no stress for me and Jack as we are too light. After a pretty horrible night of dehydrating, she weighed in at 46.7kg, comfortably in the 47kg class. I then weighed in at 91.8kg with no effort made to cut weight obviously, and so did Jack, who has come down from 95kg and overshot it a bit, but not to worry.

So we all rehydrated, and it started to feel like it could be a good day afterall!

Squats

I started my warmup with....some front squats lol. Then some overhead squats, and then finally some back squats on the empty bar, which by this point were feeling really loose and fluid. I then took 60kg for 3 singles, and belted up for 100kg onwards. 140, 180 and 205kg followed, and then I was off out for my opener.

1st attempt - 225kg - Easy and confident for a big jump.
2nd attempt - 240kg - Not exactly easy, but I knew a bigger one was in the bag.
3rd attempt - 250kg - so pleased with this, depth was a full squat for me, and there's more to come, very soon should I choose to.

Tessa also got all 3 squats, opening a little light due to the extreme conditions with 75kg, jumping to 82.5kg for her 2nd, and 87.5kg for her 3rd. I was convinced she would have got 90kg for a PB at ANY bodyweight had we loaded it for a 3rd, but I was more than happy to see her match her 52kg PB in the 47's.

Jack had a blinder as well, he opened with 160kg, jumped to 170kg for a 2nd and then nailed 180kg like it was no heavier, really nice full squat.

Bench Press

By this point, all 3 of us were all over the place so it was hard keeping track of where everyone was and warming up etc. For my warmup I did 3 sets with the empty bar, and then just took 60kg, 100kg and 140kg.

1st attempt - 152.5kg - easy enough but difficult to guage what I had in me.
2nd attempt - 162.5kg - I expected it to be harder, so that was good...
3rd attempt - 170kg - SO pleased to get this! It was hard, but that doesn't matter. This matches the most I've ever benched paused, and in competition too. Onwards to 180 now...

Tess had a rough day on bench, but dropping bodyweight will tend to do that in my experience. She opened on 47.5kg which was so easy, and jumped to 52.5kg on her 2nd for a PB attempt. She gave it a good effort but missed "the line" a bit and pushed it too far over her face, and then there was just nothing left for the 3rd attempt. Ah well...

Jack...I don't have a clue what he did I have to admit, as he was suffering from a pec injury, and just really pissing about to make a total today. Still he finished on 100kg which could've been worse. I'm glad he did this though, as it contributed to what I'm sure must have been a PB total?

DEADLIFT!!!

By this point, as usual I was absolutely drained as I struggle to eat throughout a competition. I really thought I'd f**ked it, I was shaking, losing confidence and just didn't think I'd get anything other than my opener. Tess was helpful though, keeping an eye on the order of lifting and allowing me to sit down on my own and collect myself, bringing me water, being encouraging etc. Little things like this can make a difference, and by the time I went out for my first lift I felt a lot better.

1st attempt - 310kg - easy British record
2nd attempt - 330kg - easy 20kg British record...
3rd attempt - 340kg - NOT easy. From the moment it left the floor I thought I'd f**ked it up as my positioning was less than ideal and the bar had come away from me, but I pulled it back in and finished it. I have to credit SLDL for this one, it helps to be strong in f**ked up positions!

340kg also beat the 93kg EQUIPPED British record, so that's good!

Tess was quite nervous about making a total at this point, but she pulled her opening weight of 107.5kg like it was nothing, and then visibly became a different person without the worry of bombing. She then took 117.5kg which I unfortunately missed due to warming up, but as she needed 125kg for her British record, I advised she should just go for it. And she got it! AND it wasn't even that tough looking. AWESOME.

AND JACK, f**king hell! 240 opener, like nothing. 255.5 for a British record, also easy. And then 265 for a massive PB on his 3rd! 270+ was there easily wtf! He's doing so well at the moment, just a shame about his glass pecs on bench.

So I totalled 760kg, 75kg more than in my last comp lol.
Tess totalled 260kg, matching her 52kg PB, AND setting a new British record total in the 47's.
And Jack totalled 545kg, which I'm sure must be a PB but I will have to check.

Great day for all of us, and really proud of both of them!

I'll upload a video of my lifts when Jack gets round to sending them to me...
KICK IT KEV

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTom's training log...
Return to top View Desktop Site