Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsSparrow Legs Strongman Training

Sparrow Legs Strongman Training

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Cuddles said:
f**k, great stone work mate!

Hopefuily getting one of these badboys ordered end of the week. What weight do you think I should get? Im hoping I can stretch to two but looking like one at the minute.

If i was you cuddles i`d get a 90kg and a 220kg .. Happy
MrSmall
Forgot to say sorry for chucking up my breakfast next to your bag mate I was going to move it just incase but kinda forgot to, good to see you yesterday and nice stone work mate Grin
Nice stone work mate. I'm sure the 200 will go up next time!
Post Edited: 20.04.2009 @ 20:29 PM by Sparrow
Thanks for the kind words lads. In all fairness it was a pretty crap session for myself, just stones that went well.

Boar - back to work with a BANG mate. The countdown is already on for the next 2 week hols (4 weeks and 4 days to go Grin )!

Joni - I'm not happy with the wrist as it is getting in the way of The Plan. The Plan is not happy and the wrist is going to have to buck up soon, or else!!

Robbo - cheers mate, plan is to load that 200kg stone in the build up to the England's to give me some confidence on the stones. Just need to up my s**tty deadlift/rack pull and I'm sure I'll do it.

Tony - Of course!

JC - not sure about quality session but I was pretty pleased at how easy the 175kg stone felt! STOP making predictions!!Angry Grin

Paul - you did well yesterday mate, be good to see you back up there sometime soon.

Thing - wrist is a fairly recent strain. I hyper-extended my hand/wrist on axle cleans and it's not been right since. I understand it needs about 3 weeks total rest and should be fine, I just keep re-injuring the sucker!!

Olly - The stones are a thing of beauty. Get 2, break the bank, don't be a tight arse - do whatever it takes! But if just getting one to work with, knowing your stone loading abilities, I'd get one in the 140kg range.

MrSmall - hey no worries mate! I just didn't want to seem like I was being off with you and pull my bag out of the way, so just told you I was doing so Grin I know (or hope!) you wouldn't chuck up on it on purpose anyway. Was more concerned that you were alright TBH. How are you today?

Cheer Mick - maybe not next time, but sometime soon!

Mon 20/4

Front squats
20kg x 5
60kg x 5
100kg x 5,5,5,5,5

Miles harder than they should be but got easier as they went on, thank f**k!

Rack squats (pin #15)
100kg x 3
140kg x 3
180kg x 3

Front squats were pathetic, just the start of the build up now though. Did I ever say I hate front squats? Grin Determined to get not as crap at them though!

Rack squats felt pretty good, a keeper. Kept them high bar to keep the stress of the elbow. Will play about with heights and 'listen' to my body with these though.
200 stone will go for you mate, just a case of having a play with it.
MrSmall
Ah the stuff we suck at is the stuff we shouldn't avoid millsy!! So keep at the s**tty front squats!
I'm fine man just a bit under the weather which kinda put a cloud on the solid training day that was not to be! I'll be alright in a couple of days I'm sure Happy
After much deliberation and countless hours of pondering, it is finally here - The Plan! Let me know what you think.

Monday – Squats
• Jumps
• Front squats
• Rack squats
• OH supports

Tuesday – Pressing
• Log press
• Bench press
• Seated rack lockouts

Wednesday – Events/posterior chain @ Olympic Gym
• Jumps
• Power cleans
• Tyre
• Stones
• Duck walk/tyre drag medley
• Romanian deadlifts

Thursday – Back assistance
• Chins
• Rows
• Shrugs
• Rear delts
• Biceps

Friday - Rest

Saturday – Events
• Deadlift/Rack pulls
• Log press
• Yoke/Farmers medley (week 1)
• Front squats (week 2)
• 2-4 Board press

Sunday - Rest

BRING IT!!
CHESTER
Nice stones mate.
I can just about break the floor
with our 175 lol.
Tony - hope you're right mate! Think you may beat me to that one though as you had it pretty close on Saturday! Not as close as Cleggy though Grin

MrSmall - of course you are right, I'll stick with them. Just a bit of work required, that's all.

Will - you fool no one, you are a stone beast and I'm not having you say otherwise!
I think your plan looks complicated mate, too much partial stuff and f**king jumping!
MrSmall
good stuff jumps before the rest of the things
however, I see you trying to skive with the front squats on Sat, do them before everything else (except deadlift??) depending on what you want to improve most.
otherwise looks fine
solid Plan - though i didnt understand most of it.

I will bet my left bollock that you wont have ammo to do the romaninans after all that stuff on wednesday tho Grin

Mate, does this mean you will be going to olympic this wed? if so, name the time and i will be there as well. Planning to go there on wednesdays or thursdays, but if you are going on weds, then weds it will be!

My plan is flexible enough to work around yours anyway.
thats one hefty looking plan !!!

no adders !!

when i become a strong little atomic boar ill pop along to Olympic gym for a ride , pity the wife has bagged sunday as a 'family day' WTF??? b**ch.
Toby - Minus the jumps then as I don't have good facilities at home for them yet, also minus the power cleans and OH supports for wrist purposes:

Monday – Squats
• Front squats
Rack squats

Tuesday – Pressing
• Log press
• Bench press
• Seated rack lockouts

Wednesday – Events/posterior chain @ Olympic Gym
• Tyre
• Stones
• Duck walk/tyre drag medley
• Romanian deadlifts

Thursday – Back assistance
• Chins
• Rows
• Shrugs
• Rear delts
• Biceps

Friday - Rest

Saturday – Events
• Deadlift
• Log press
• Yoke/Farmers medley (week 1)
• Front squats (week 2)
• 2-4 Board press

Sunday - Rest

MrSmall - Jumps will be done in secret from now on (if I ever do the f**kers!). Not skiving with the fronties on Saturdays. Doing them every Monday, just thought I could throw in a few cheeky heavier ones when on non-moving events weeks, while there's people here.

Joni - what the f**k is there not to understand?? Romanians WILL be nailed every Wednesday without fail as I have no PC/hammies/legs and need these to help bring my deadlift up. Aye will be going to Ashton this Wednesday and every Wednesday over the summer. I'll be there from about 3.45 onwards.
Boar said:
thats one hefty looking plan !!!

no adders !!

when i become a strong little atomic boar ill pop along to Olympic gym for a ride , pity the wife has bagged sunday as a 'family day' WTF??? b**ch.

I like to cover all the bases! No adders for now, think it's more important I get the event work in. Also will be going straight from work on Wednesdays but would be able to meet you there? and you already are a strong little atomic boar.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsSparrow Legs Strongman Training
Return to top View Desktop Site