Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsYoungy's Training Journal

Youngy's Training Journal

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

ben66 said:How long did it take for the movements to feel 'natural ' for you Allan?

What is this 'natural' you speak of?
youngy said:
What is this 'natural' you speak of?

Just looks easier for you than for me!
ben66 said:
Just looks easier for you than for me!

Lol, I think as I got a clearer idea of what I should be doing it started to feel a bit better.

Usually at weights of up to 80% it feels 'right' and very occasionally a 90%+ lift goes 'right'.
20th May - 'Technique Practice' @ The Garage

Snatch Complex (Pull, Waist Snatch, Drop Snatch x2) :

C&J Complex (Power clean, waist clean, split jerk, jerk balance, squat jerk) :

Comments :Enjoyed this. Done a good warmup and mobility work before too. Will see how today's proper session goes later on to decide how often and when I will do this type of session.
20th May - Weightlifting @ Glasgow Strength

Snatch :

Clean and Jerk :

Front Squat :

Comments :100kg is a f**king c**t. Not too bad otherwise.
AM - 1 hour of stretching, rumble rolling and bandy mobility s**t.
21st May - Weightlifting @ Glasgow City Barbell

Muscle Snatch :

My timing is awful on these

Power Snatch :

Power Clean and Power Jerk :

Comments :Decent.
strong mate, whats the bodyweight?
OwenL said:strong mate, whats the bodyweight?

Cheers Owen. Body weight is 85-86kg in the mornings. Slightly up as I've been eating alot of s**t but slowly tightening it up this week (just making better food choices, still eating alot) as the comp is 3 weeks on Saturday.
youngy said:
Cheers Owen. Body weight is 85-86kg in the mornings. Slightly up as I've been eating alot of s**t but slowly tightening it up this week (just making better food choices, still eating alot) as the comp is 3 weeks on Saturday.

86kg is healthy enough for 85s Happy no need to worry until a day before there if you want!
OwenL said:
86kg is healthy enough for 85s Happy no need to worry until a day before there if you want!

I know but my training will be a bit more intense over the coming weeks and will be doing a few extra positional and mobility session so need to make sure I get alot of good quality food in.

I am a pro at making weight, wouldn't be worried at 87-88kg the week before even. Happy
youngy said:
I know but my training will be a bit more intense over the coming weeks and will be doing a few extra positional and mobility session so need to make sure I get alot of good quality food in.
I am a pro at making weight, wouldn't be worried at 87-88kg the week before even. Happy

good stuff mate

easy peasy isnt it.
nice looking sets mate, nice shoes too Grin how are they feeling? i did my first cleans and jerks in the nikes, felt great! going to morrow for a proper session to get a good one in
Gra_Bul said:nice looking sets mate, nice shoes too Grin how are they feeling? i did my first cleans and jerks in the nikes, felt great! going to morrow for a proper session to get a good one in

Cheers Gra!

Aye, they feel really nice and snug. Love them again.

They have a nice higher heel so good for getting deep and s**t but I already had a theory it puts me more on my toes during the pull which is a weak point for me anyway so need to find a way to overcome that. Start doing it right maybe?
22nd May - 'Work' @ Glasgow Strength

Snatch :

Clean and Jerk :

Back Squat :

Comments :Decent enough session. Will get video on later. Need to keep the consistency. Flat back, chest up and drive through the heels.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsYoungy's Training Journal
Return to top View Desktop Site