REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 383 guests
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsSeason 3 !

Season 3 !

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... ... 7273747576777879808182

JoniIcon...06-01-2011 @ 19:17 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
powerful!

Rockport pb!
SparrowIcon...06-01-2011 @ 22:26 
Avatar
always lookIng for the extra UT2 work.
Member 9, 18279 posts
SQ 210, BP 167.5, DL 260
637.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
MarkClegg said:Also today i was proactive in

A)Starting my David Horne Grip Training .. We had a great chat the other day and i already thank him for the help and advice he`s given me ...

B)Ordered my Inzer Deadlift Suit ...


Are you alright mate? We can talk if you need somebody to talk to? Wink
MarkCleggIconSeason 3 ???07-01-2011 @ 19:35 
Avatar
knock knock !! who's there ?? OLD SCHOOL SUGDEN
Member 212, 11439 posts
SQ 325, BP 212.5, DL 370
907.5 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 07.01.2011 @ 19:35 PM by MarkClegg
Unfortunately when doing Stones today i suffered a similar Bicep twinge to the one i was on the receiving end of at the Giants .... I don,t know what it is but very very painful and triggers the brain to "put down and piss off "

I don,t know if i can compete in the nearcoming future .. For e.g my next comp .. I don,t think i can successfully lift beer barrells and stones ...

So is there any point even entering ??? I want to but i may have to sit the events out ....

I,m trying to stay optimistic but 2011 could be alot more frustrating than 2010 ..

Maybe just stick to gym lifting ...
FrifeldtIcon...07-01-2011 @ 19:41 
Avatar
Worlds 3rd strongest 105kg
Member 440, 674 posts
SQ 250, BP 200, DL 290
740.0 kgs @ 106kgs UnEq
Oh f**king no!!

Hopefully it was just a twitch..nothing more..

I'm genuinly hoping you'll get you're self in a shape that you would hope to be and that you could kick ass in some real competitions!!
BoarIcon...07-01-2011 @ 19:42 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25587 posts
Administrator
yea, didnt look fun at the giants .. is it just the 'rope' they use just pulling hard on the muscle ? did thay say the muscle has wound up shorter as a result of the injury/surgery
hixxy1985Icon...07-01-2011 @ 19:51 
Avatar
www.grahamhicks.co.uk
Member 994, 9594 posts
SQ 330, BP 250, DL 405
985.0 kgs @ 135kgs UnEq
f**k the stones off

keep up with the curls!

u are strong enough to not doing any stone/barrel work until comp day!

fingers crossed for you mate
JoniIcon...07-01-2011 @ 19:51 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
i guess they always have to cut out the scar tissue from the end ot the tendon before reattaching it? Thats why my pec is now tighter too.

should really stretch but keep forgetting...

whats your stretching regime like? Grin
mikehowarthIcon...07-01-2011 @ 20:02 
Avatar
Not so much as forgotten as can't remember
Member 894, 4924 posts
SQ 245, BP 167.5, DL 272.5
685.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
hixxy1985 said:f**k the stones off

keep up with the curls!

u are strong enough to not doing any stone/barrel work until comp day!

fingers crossed for you mate


X2
shanejerIcon...07-01-2011 @ 20:09 
Member 1307, 14110 posts
SQ 355, BP 240, DL 370
965.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
train so that you qualify before even coming to stones, then hopefully by next comp you be ok..

easily doable for you!
SparrowIcon...07-01-2011 @ 20:26 
Avatar
always lookIng for the extra UT2 work.
Member 9, 18279 posts
SQ 210, BP 167.5, DL 260
637.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 08.01.2011 @ 14:48 PM by Sparrow
MarkClegg said:Unfortunately when doing Stones today i suffered a similar Bicep twinge to the one i was on the receiving end of at the Giants .... I don,t know what it is but very very painful and triggers the brain to "put down and piss off "

I don,t know if i can compete in the nearcoming future .. For e.g my next comp .. I don,t think i can successfully lift beer barrells and stones ...

So is there any point even entering ??? I want to but i may have to sit the events out ....

I,m trying to stay optimistic but 2011 could be alot more frustrating than 2010 ..

Maybe just stick to gym lifting ...


Only you can answer that one mate. I wouldn't like to see a repeat of the Giants. On the other hand, you could qualify by just turning up really - like you still gave JC an arse whooping with one arm at the Giants!
dr_hazbunIcon...07-01-2011 @ 20:31 
tabbouleh and fattoush salads were very refreshing
Member 267, 8548 posts
SQ 220, BP 165, DL 250
635.0 kgs @ 90kgs Eq
MarkClegg said:Unfortunately when doing Stones today i suffered a similar Bicep twinge to the one i was on the receiving end of at the Giants .... I don,t know what it is but very very painful and triggers the brain to "put down and piss off "

I don,t know if i can compete in the nearcoming future .. For e.g my next comp .. I don,t think i can successfully lift beer barrells and stones ...

So is there any point even entering ??? I want to but i may have to sit the events out ....

I,m trying to stay optimistic but 2011 could be alot more frustrating than 2010 ..

Maybe just stick to gym lifting ...


I'm sorry to hear that strongman lifts are giving your bicep grief post surgery. Stretching and time MAY sort it out but I don't think training in fear is a good thing. It certainly doesn't sound like fun.

Having never met you, I'm not sure how much continuing strongman training really means to you. But it might be a warning sign for you to change your priorities.

Maybe an unequipped PL comp in 2011?





or even a stab at a 200 C&J??
bignige1986Icon...07-01-2011 @ 20:36 
Avatar
Taleban says his views on women are extreme
Member 639, 3518 posts
SQ 10, BP 10, DL 10
30.0 kgs @ 10kgs Eq
Get the docs mate tell em its givin ya s**t n show your a propper strongman at heart buddy ! Im sure theres a reason n u can get past it, never give up mate you cant stop i wanna see you at u105 wsm then you can sit on ya ass n do fook all Happy
TonyIcon...07-01-2011 @ 21:06 
Avatar
Is partial to the odd bender.
Member 6, 10239 posts
SQ 280, BP 192.5, DL 317.5
790.0 kgs @ 102kgs Eq
Do things in life mate that make you happy.

We spend enough time working,paying bills,worrying about money,arguing with our wifes and generally being miserable to spend our recreation time being miserable too.

Whatever you do in the gym does not define what kind of person you are. We're judged in life by things that matter not our hobbys.
MarkCleggIcon...08-01-2011 @ 14:19 
Avatar
knock knock !! who's there ?? OLD SCHOOL SUGDEN
Member 212, 11439 posts
SQ 325, BP 212.5, DL 370
907.5 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 08.01.2011 @ 14:21 PM by MarkClegg
Tony said:Do things in life mate that make you happy.


Mate competing makes me very happy for the very reasons you mention .. Its a release . If i wasn`t worried about my gammy arm i probably would worry about bills and all that s**t .

I do agree with you though, The very reason i walked from Olympic lifting with probably 8-10 years left in that career ..

The overall picture is this though . I`m very happy and this is only a small problem BUT i would never burden my Missus or Children with my problems . This Journal is my only real outlet for having a good old whinge, Which is why it probably appears theat i do nothing but moan . It just saves me going home shouting at the kids and kicking that f**king stupid rabbit ..

NORTHERNS - I`ll just turn up and give it my best shot, Its all i can do .. Qualification would be a real long shot but even so . I do love competing against you guys ..
SparrowIcon...08-01-2011 @ 14:50 
Avatar
always lookIng for the extra UT2 work.
Member 9, 18279 posts
SQ 210, BP 167.5, DL 260
637.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
MarkClegg said:
Mate competing makes me very happy for the very reasons you mention .. Its a release . If i wasn`t worried about my gammy arm i probably would worry about bills and all that s**t .
I do agree with you though, The very reason i walked from Olympic lifting with probably 8-10 years left in that career ..
The overall picture is this though . I`m very happy and this is only a small problem BUT i would never burden my Missus or Children with my problems . This Journal is my only real outlet for having a good old whinge, Which is why it probably appears theat i do nothing but moan . It just saves me going home shouting at the kids and kicking that f**king stupid rabbit ..
NORTHERNS - I`ll just turn up and give it my best shot, Its all i can do .. Qualification would be a real long shot but even so . I do love competing against you guys ..


Pleased to hear it mate! Wouldn't have it any other way - I love having my arse kicked by you - even if it is with one arm only!

Journals are meant for moaning, in fact I'm going to have a good old moan in mine now!

12345678910 ... ... 7273747576777879808182

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsSeason 3 !
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions