Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsPlaying at it!

Playing at it!

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

decent couple of sessions stephen. All coming together nicely for the 105's!
looking good for the 105's mate
Nice logging and squatting Stephen .
Looking strong for the 105s mate.
stephen
stuarty said:decent couple of sessions stephen. All coming together nicely for the 105's!

Thanks Stuart, hopefully will do ok on 1 or 2 events.

ITRG said:looking good for the 105's mate

Cheers Ian, when you coming for training? How about mine on friday at 18:00?

Leggiez said:Nice logging and squatting Stephen .

Thanks mate, think squatting a couple of weeks in a row has helped. Happy

Benvie said:Looking strong for the 105s mate.

Thanks, just wish I'd had a better run up with gym and event training but I'm sure it will be great fun on the day. Grin

Trained at mine with Daniel.

15" axel deadlift:

75x5
125x5
180x4
230x1
260x3
270x3

Put the suit on and I will definetly wear it on the day. Was good to train along side someone on these which made them alot easier than they have been when training alone.

Messed about with axel cleaning trying to help Daniel find a technique that works for him.

Car deadlift(big van/car thing?):

Messed about with a few singles.
With 50kg in the boot x 4reps(heavy!)
Then did a timed hold for not very long. Embarassed

Stones:

90x1
110x2
130x2 lapped(too slippy and dirty when trying to load!)
170x fail(nailed to the floor!)

Good fun as usual and great weather! Grin
stephen
Trained at mine with Nik & Jackie, Wullie & Louise, Graeme, John, Martin, Damien, Eric and Ser.

Ifsa log:

65x5
85x3
105x1
115x2

Just taking it easy as got max log in the comp next week.

Farmers walk:

70x20m
110x20m
125x30m

Easy enough.

Stones over yoke:

90x1
110x1
130x3

Getting back into the swing of things with these. Plus spent most of the time coaching and spotting for everyone.

Van Deadlift(Astra van with loads of building equipment in the back)

Van x9 reps.

Could have done more but just done enough to beat everyone else.

Great fun session and a couple of the guys will be competing at the u105's next week so I'm sure they'll be a little friendly rivalry between us to see who places higher. Happy
stephen
Quick session down at Glencairn gym, just training alone.

Squat:

20x10
70x10
120x5
180x3
200x1
220x1

Easy enough.

Incline bench:

20x10
70x5
100x5
110x3

Easy enough:

C/G Lat pull down:

Stack x10
Stack x10

Then did some bicep and shoulder rehab stuff.

That's me untill the u105's on Sunday, should be great fun! Grin
stephen
Post Edited: 13.05.2012 @ 22:35 PM by stephen
Competed at SSM U105kg today. Never got off to a good start as weighed in too heavy and had to spend 1.5hrs on the cycling machine to make weight and add in that I hadn't ate anything mean't I had no energy too compete but just had to get on with it as my own fault really.

Truck pull:

4th place with 20.9secs

Max log:

80x1 Passed.
90x1 Passed.
100x1 Passed.
110x1 Passed.
115x1 Passed.
120x1 Passed.
125x1 Passed (PB).
127.5 x fail.

Joint 2nd.

Lost focus on the last one due to listening to the m/c's slanging rather than concentrating on the task in hand, Really should have got the last one! Angry

FRAME CARRY:

280KG x30m

10th place I think?

Pretty much what I expected with my pussy grip!

Sand Bag load:

105x4 in 65secs.

10th again I think?

Pretty poor, need to really work on my fitness plus wasn't fully recovered from frame carry, pace of comp was fast! Really starting to feel drained. Eek

15" deadlift:

250x7

Not sure of placing, probably top half?

Was really starting to feel knackered now and seriously thought about jacking it in before this event. Lower back was in pieces. Unhappy

Stones:

135x5

Placed top half I think?

Chose to just rep with the 135 as lower back wasn't upto doing the 160.

What a brutal comp this was, it's got to be one of the hardest ones I've ever done. The pace was fast and I was already f**ked before the comp started. Eek . Came joint 5th out of 14 with the LEGEND Mike Daly but 6th on count back which is the best I've ever done. Really need to get my finger out though and train abit more seriously.

Thanks to Andy, ken, Lee and the rest of the team for putting on another awesome comp. So many awesome performances from everyone it would take too long to type out so I'll just say a massive well done to everyone that competed and hopefully see you all again next year for another battle. Grin
Top effort today Stephen , really nice to meet you in the flesh after all the support you have given me via this forum ! Really pleased that you made weight and did actually get to compete today . Your pressing is top drawer , very impressive Happy
Sounds good mate, you had some good events, placed well and know what you need to work on Happy
Well done yesterday stephen. superb on the log and the stones looked comfy at the end of a brutal comp!
I loved watching you on that bike sweating

You looked possibly the strongest I have ever seen you on the log, but then the weight loss seemed to kick in
stephen
martinb said:I loved watching you on that bike sweating

You looked possibly the strongest I have ever seen you on the log, but then the weight loss seemed to kick in

Haha Martin glad you had a laugh at my expense Happy, big mistake on my part coming in too heavy as I knew I'd be borderline. Also think the scales were weighing slightly heavy but it was the same for everyone so can't complain really. Even got a cheer when I finally made weight Happy haha.

Aye felt great with the log and even had 130 in my head but then lost focus with the 127.5 Angry. Yeah your right my energy levels plummeted after this, 1.5hrs cv before the comp and little food beforehand took it's toll. Unhappy

Leggiez said:Top effort today Stephen , really nice to meet you in the flesh after all the support you have given me via this forum ! Really pleased that you made weight and did actually get to compete today . Your pressing is top drawer , very impressive Happy

Thanks Mark, impressive performance from you allround!

davycummings said:Sounds good mate, you had some good events, placed well and know what you need to work on Happy

Thanks Davy, yeah need to take things more seriously and train more consistant aswell as get my fitness sorted big time, I'm never going to have a great grip but need it to improve to the point that I'm maybe mid table so don't lose too many points.

stuarty said:Well done yesterday stephen. superb on the log and the stones looked comfy at the end of a brutal comp!

Cheers Champ! I was probably abit to conservative with the stone but I was knackered and my lower back was in pieces so thought it best to play it safe.
You looked strong yesterday Stephen and well done for making weight, I think you'd have been challenging for top 3 if you hadn't been so drained from cutting weight and gassed out a bit later on in the comp. Still a very strong performance.
miked
Stephen... Didn't know about weight issues....even more impressive then!!... Cracking log!...and as you say if you had to get real serious!! Cool

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsPlaying at it!
Return to top View Desktop Site