Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsSparrow Legs Strongman Training

Sparrow Legs Strongman Training

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

you didnt get injured though, so that session could have been EVEN WORSE Grin

f**k it mate, ready for tomorrows mayhem?
MrSmall
yeah I'll be there tomorrow too millsy, fear not.
mate ill bet my house youll be back firing on all cylinders by the time the comp comes round!
onwards and upward from here bud. screw the nut and get ypuself ready for battle at th englads
ypu will be back on track in no time mate.

Take it the sleeves havnt helped?!
I wouldn't mind having one of your bad workouts Johnny!
We've all had those sessions! It's better having a bad day in training than a bad day competing that's the way I see it.
Boar I agree it's all up from here and I blame it all on the kids too!!

Joni - at least I'd have an excuse if I was injured!!Wink

Willsan - I'm at my weakest for a long time at the moment, at least 3-4 years since I can remember being this weak. Just hope I can turn things round pretty quickly or the trip to France is OFF!

Neil - cheers mate, that's the plan!

Robbo - I didn't use the sleeves. I will give them a run out at some time but was mainly thinking of saving them for an extra comp boost.

Beard of Iron - you would if you were me! Just like many wouldn't mind having bad ones like you!

Mick - I'll take that with a pinch of salt coming from you Grin But you're right, it's not the end of the world. Doesn't mean I have to like it though! Wink
Wed 7/5

Cheeky mid week session @ Olympic with the Bull, Smalls and Sam.

Deadlift
70kg x 5
110kg x 3
150kg x 2
180kg x 1 straps up form here
200kg x 1
220kg x 1
240kg x 1,2 second hitched Angry

Front squats
20kg x 5
70kg x 3
90kg x 3
110kg x 3
130kg x 1
140kg x f Unhappy Dear oh dear!

Tyre flip
3-4
8 in 65 seconds - knackered!

Stones
117kg x 58" no tacky
132kg x 58"

Run
117kg x 58"
132kg x 51"
175kg x 45" fail

Not the best session but not a total disaster either. The things I am weakest at (front squats and pressing) have sunk to new depths recently though.
sinking to new depths is a kinda PB Grin

as a solid upstanding strongman your gonna work thru this rough patch and come out the other end a better jonny !!
MrSmall
Didn't you do 250 on the DL????

Good session mate especially good tackyless and effortless stones, 175 will go if you didn't DL/squat/tyre flip/stone already in the last hour.

Especially impressed with the tyre flip you could have MAAAAAYBE squeezed one more into the 75 seconds but great effort on that mate.
Sparrow said:
Willsan - I'm at my weakest for a long time at the moment, at least 3-4 years since I can remember being this weak. Just hope I can turn things round pretty quickly or the trip to France is OFF!

stop with this crazy talk! you can take heart from the fact that a weak jonny mills will still kick my arse so you wont come last. this is ESM!
bad days make you stronger mate. you realise how much you have to improve to be good on a bad day.

go get some meatloaf, dust yourself off and get stuck in.
onwards and upward bud
Mills your better at all this s**t than I am, not quite sure whats going wrong at the moment.

Confidence thing maybe?

My professional advice is, give your head a shake.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsSparrow Legs Strongman Training
Return to top View Desktop Site