Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsG.F.H. - Vegan Style

G.F.H. - Vegan Style

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

thanks lads! Good times Happy

Weigh dodging, wanky movement conditioning day
...as per my new glorious plan.

Rope skipping 15 mins
started with heavy singles, moved to triples and soon i was banging out 12s and 15s. Was hard going though, but i expect this to improve quickly.

hang snatches & overhead squats & full squat snatches
loads with a bar
then started getting the hang of it and went for full squat snatches
then upped to 40kg, first it went pretty badly and reps were shaky, then got three beautiful (comparatively of course!) reps in, timing was right and it felt awesome. Then fell backwards on one rep and the barbell dropped on me, went for another rep straight up and nailed it ok.

barbell complex, 40kg and all for 8-12 reps:
power clean & split jerk
row
strict press
squat

this is a keeper.

some gun work.

some high rep lat rows.

home.

strongman on saturday, special lemon fresh guests arriving to pop their cherry. Looking forward to seeing how the log gets tamed!
Cool, somone else who is a spak at skipping too. I can only do it two feet at a time, carn't alternate Tongue
Originally posted by IainKendrick...
Cool, somone else who is a spak at skipping too. I can only do it two feet at a time, carn't alternate Tongue

lol, yeah man, but i think it will come with time. It cant be that difficult Grin

massive doms in my legs now, combo of snatch pulls, squats and yesterdays crazy skipping i think Happy
badboy007
Skipping is great! You do so many exercises Joni, more than any strongman I have ever heard of. What;s the reasoning for this?
Originally posted by badboy007...
Skipping is great! You do so many exercises Joni, more than any strongman I have ever heard of. What;s the reasoning for this?

i am so s**t that i may as well spread my base lol!

nah mate, i dont think i do that much. Thats one of the healthy things about strongman though, all kind of training will help you to become better, to work one of the several elements of the game.

I should take up more cardio/conditioning work i think.
congrats on pb in deadlift joni, push press awsome mate proper strongman stuffHappy Cool
badboy007
Keeps your mind fresh, that's half the battle I think.
Good training Joni, focus on tomorrow though, we're coming and you need to show us how it's done, put the lemon fresh ones in their place!!!!
thanks marc, nice one Cool

Wigan, bring it on mate, looking forward to it!
Highs and lows today, as with most strongman sessions.

We were privileged to have two fresh faced newbies at the dungeon today, but these boys are no ordinary beginners: The Lemon Fresh Brigade was in town.

very impressive first stabs, little a nailed 110 on the 60mm axle with more in the tank, and Wigan looked solid with yoke and farmers. Now if i could have started this game like that, i would be laughing all the way to the Opens Grin

Anyways, my breakdown:

60mm axle, The Beast, continental cleans from 85 onwards
2x75
1x85
1x95
1x105kg - new pb, expected since the overhead strength has progressed,m happy nevertheless because The Beast is a bas***d.

IFSA log
2x3x70
1x80
1x90
1x100
fx110 - press not close, clean the best so far.

Yoke
This went to s**t. Did maybe like 12 pickups with 320 each ending either straight away or after few steps/metres. Absolutely all over the place. I blame this on my midsection being pretty fried from all the work i have done lately. But who knows, maybe yoke is just hit and miss for me. Suboptimal for the last yoke session before the comp.

Farmers pickups from a platform, per hand
160 - just pickup, no hold
160 for 30 seconds, or 26 if you dont count the time it took me to lock it out Grin Video should follow.

I *think* this is lower pickup than the Unit 20 comp framewalk pickup. if so, i should be able to pick them up nice since they are only 280kg, and then all that is left is the walking bit Grin

We left it there, pretty beat, so no stones.

Good stuff on the holds the Bull!
Awesome stuff on the holds, Very impressive.
Nice pressing and very nice holds mate. Does that beat Ollys best holds? Who is top of the Dungeon tree for it?
Solid pick up man, good fight but looked comfy enough. Could have held for longer as well eh.

p.s. - get a haircut you f**king hippy Tongue
Unlucky on the log press joni. youll get it soon! and nice holds!

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsG.F.H. - Vegan Style
Return to top View Desktop Site