Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWSM 2016?

WSM 2016?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

dannyboy73
Odd this.

so has Terry got through or what?

Its the only result missing...

PeterDeLaMare said:Looks like Felix is out. Unhappy

Thor through, but no mention of the 2nd person from that group.
BrenWad
umpalumpalifter said:
Was it as bad when they used to do the barrel loading squat?

Athletes were better squatters ten yrs ago before this obsession with the deadlift took hold.
BrenWad
dannyboy73 said:Ive been thinking this for the past two days.
Loz could even get a silver. He beat Thor already this year at Europs. Hell, he could get the win...why not. as long as he remains uninjured.

There isn't a harder worker,or a nicer bloke in strongman imo. Fingers crossed for Loz.
BrenWad said:
Athletes were better squatters ten yrs ago before this obsession with the deadlift took hold.

What is your evidence for this?
I love the fact Kaliskowski has just came out on his FB and said him and Shaw made the final.

The more i see of this guy the more i like him.
PeterDeLaMare
Yup, no Terry or Felix Unhappy
Who was 2nd behind Thor then?
billynomates
BrenWad said:
The great squatters don't struggle,just the ones who fail to prepare.

Loz was injured on that set up before, and he's a supreme squatter. It does look cool and strongman should be tough but not injury inducing!
dannyboy73 said:Ive been thinking this for the past two days.
Loz could even get a silver. He beat Thor already this year at Europs. Hell, he could get the win...why not. as long as he remains uninjured.

Remember Loz basically just drew with Gunnarson over 5 events and lost to Caron. Lets not go to far. I think he will drop big points on a few events so a top 5 finish for him at best. Personally I think 6th.
Konstantine thru
Andy_f
Gutted for Big Tel if he hasn't qualified. No one will be more frustrated than the big man.

I hope he hasn't gone out on this crazy double points rule.

If he has gone out I fear this could be the last time we see him at WSM
Andy_f said:Gutted for Big Tel if he hasn't qualified. No one will be more frustrated than the big man.

I was just wondering the same thing about Felix. I know last year was arguably the greatest of his career, but at 50 years old how many more comps of this level can he have in him?
Andy_f said:Gutted for Big Tel if he hasn't qualified. No one will be more frustrated than the big man.

If Terry is out it will be a shame, and it may be the end for him... Unless he had an injury in the heats that is unknown yet, but after his poor by his standard result at Europes, I think we were all hoping for something good at worlds.
PeterDeLaMare
Spreadsheet updated, no Terry.
Andy_f
KevC86 said:
I was just wondering the same thing about Felix. I know last year was arguably the greatest of his career, but at 50 years old how many more comps of this level can he have in him?

There has been a lot of talk about big names missing this year and I agree there are some quality athletes missing but Felix qualified for the final last year when in arguably a stronger field.

he did get unlucky having squat over dead lift but fear he won't be completing for much longer.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWSM 2016?
Return to top View Desktop Site