REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 234 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumThe_Lone_Wolf → View All Posts

View All Posts: The_Lone_Wolf

12345678910 ... ... 166167168169170171172173174175176

» adidas powerlifts (Go to post)09-11-2019 @ 19:24 
WILLSAN said:are these any good as oly shoes?

I would always recommend adipowers but I need to find some on a budget and these are significantly cheaper.

Are they the old red and black ones?
» Online Strongman Games thread (Go to post)08-11-2019 @ 12:22 
slimsim said:
What is Luke deadlifting at the moment?
It sounds mental to say he'll beat Eddie's deadlift in the next 1-2 years but the lad is a phenomena. It would be great to say that the only 2 people in history to deadlift 500kg or more are from this tiny Isle.

Well Luke has already pulled in the low 4's to power lifting standard I believe. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

What he's pulled beyond that with straps and kit is unknown to me, but I assume has happened at some point so far.
» Online Strongman Games thread (Go to post)08-11-2019 @ 09:11 
IrishMarc said:
I don't think that's a bold claim. He's a gifted athlete, trains like an athlete and has a good head on his shoulders. He will eclipse Eddie hall's deadlift as well in the next 1-2 years.

1-2 years is VERY quick progression, and my worry is a bit too 'quick' without risking his health.

I do believe that Luke will set out to achieve his goals though, he certainly has all the tools to do so.
» The Game Changers (Netflix) (Go to post)07-11-2019 @ 20:33 
billynomates said:
The documentary provides evidence, how sturdy it is is debatable. Its argued that not only does a plant based diet increase athletic performance, it also increases sexual potency.

The comment about increasing erection hardness is complete s**te.

As for a vegan diet increasing performance, tell that to Mr Beef and Rice vertical Efferding haha.
» Big Raw Dogs 4 (Go to post)06-11-2019 @ 21:00 
jt said:1100 great total in any fed well done G

Just seen his BW listed at 164.1 !!!!!!!

Might be struggle for him to make under 105 now... Haha
» The Game Changers (Netflix) (Go to post)05-11-2019 @ 21:06 
slimsim said:I've always been an avid meat eater, however, over the last couple of years I've started to reduce the meat based portions within my diet.

Why? Well, I feel that I can easily supplement meat based proteins with carefully selected veg source combinations like rice/chickpeas beans/toast etc.

Also, the actual carbon footprint of meat production is horrendous. Yes, I'll have beef now and again (I had the most delicious fillet steak on Saturday) but when the carbon footprint of chicken and pork is something like 1/5 of beef then I'll stick more with them but plants have a carbon footprint of about 1/10 that of chicken and pork and knowing that does make me aware of what I'm doing to the planet.

If youíre aware of your nutritional intake, you can of course get everything you need by eating a plant based diet and supplements to plug the gaps etc.

The carbon food print of farming animals is not that big in the UK compared to other places.
» The Game Changers (Netflix) (Go to post)05-11-2019 @ 09:29 
Boar said:Its 'popular' because people are beginning to educate themselves about the massive health benefits of eating a plant based diet.

This.

Most people do not eat enough fruit and veg, and consume largely a diet full of processed rubbish. Most western people consume diets devoid of nutrition, and we only have to look at the large obesity rate to see poor nutrition, lack of activity and lack of education is behind it all.

Eating more 'plants' for all of those people would certainly benefit them.
» The Game Changers (Netflix) (Go to post)05-11-2019 @ 09:25 
I've already seen quite a few experts in the industry pick this apart for a various reasons, including bogus research, studies, claims and downright nonsense, along with lots of people saying it is bias and pushed by people with a vested interest etc etc.

I do love how many people are saying that because Arnie is in it, it must be credible haha, because Arnie is such a legit source of truth.

I've not seen it so I have no direct opinion of the documentary, but looking at the bigger picture, it's not hard to see that there needs to be some common sense applied.

While many 'diets' out there rotate in fashion, and health recommendations, we all die in the end. At some point, most foods and food groups have been demonized as cancer causing foods, with everything killing us.

The earth is heading for destruction, we all know that, and it does have a life expectancy well beyond all of us, but eating more plants is not going to change that.
» Online Strongman Games thread (Go to post)04-11-2019 @ 18:35 
KevC86 said:
She withdrew after the 2nd day due to a dodgy ankle.

Ah thatís crap :-(

Fingers crossed for a speedy and smooth recovery.
» Online Strongman Games thread (Go to post)04-11-2019 @ 08:53 
Huge congrats to Donna too, happy to see her win again!

I thought Rhi was competing, but couldn't see her name on the sheet?
» Online Strongman Games thread (Go to post)04-11-2019 @ 08:49 
Looks like Terry Hollands won the masters which is a great tick in the box for him! Well done Terry!

Well done to Luke too, seems like a dedicated and hungry guy, who has all the tools to succeed at this game. Age is on his side too, absolute monster.

I need to look at the actual spreadsheet mind.
» Online Strongman Games thread (Go to post)02-11-2019 @ 22:44 
When does it finish? Tonight or tomorrow?
» WUS Dubai - Deadlift (Go to post)28-10-2019 @ 22:28 
Brian has parted ways with Stan Efferding, stating that he wasnít getting results from his nutrition.

Iíd love to see him have one more great run, and win WSM, but I fear he may be past his best.
» Rugby World Cup (Go to post)26-10-2019 @ 06:57 
Amen.

It wonít be easy, but England can beat the ABís.
» Big Raw Dogs 4 (Go to post)23-10-2019 @ 14:44 
Fingers crossed he has a good meet!

He's such a class act too, really a top guy.

12345678910 ... ... 166167168169170171172173174175176

You are here: HomeForumThe_Lone_Wolf → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto