REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 55 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumThe_Lone_Wolf → View All Posts

View All Posts: The_Lone_Wolf

12345678910 ... ... 172173174175176177178179180181182

» Big Loz Official (Go to post)18-06-2020 @ 09:51 
WILLSAN said:
never got into family guy but did some further investigation and
https://i.giphy.com/media/zNbiX43QsqUAU/giphy.webp

Grin
thought this would be a great interview but it was just bryce babbling, interrupting and changing subject every 5secs.

Classic Bryce... I mean Quagmire!
» Big Loz Official (Go to post)17-06-2020 @ 22:19 
Bryce reminds me of Quagmire from Family Guy... If Quagmire was constantly off his tits.
» what did you have for tea? (Go to post)17-06-2020 @ 21:50 
I need to work out how to do a pic post from my phone...

https://imgur.com/gallery/DkOcYDJ
» what did you have for tea? (Go to post)17-06-2020 @ 12:23 
Rick said:I like the sound of your dinner very much.

At the moment I have four in, all Goose: the green top, the mayo, the sweet chilli (fine but not special), and the wasabi (subtle difference but great in a fishfinger sandwich). I've had the red and wouldn't bother again, I want the flavour as well as the heat (which is why I'm generally not a hot sauce guy, which I'm aware sounds ridiculous in the context of that list). I've also had some sort of extra-garlicky variety at a friend's, I think, but only once.

Tried the Holy f**k at a friend's barbecue, liked it, but it was on the edge of my then tolerance, which has improved a fair bit over the last year.

In terms of other hot stuff, I have chilli oil, Sichuan chilli bean paste, Laoganma black beans in chilli oil, Korean gochjang, sambal oelek (which I use mostly as a substitute for Sichuan pickled chillis, which good luck in finding here), chopped green chilli in vinegar, dried red chillis, fresh chillis (mild ones), a chilli relish, a hot banana ketchup (gift, unopened), nduja, and Nando's medium.

f**k. Maybe I am a hot sauce guy.

A superb collection of sauces there. I wouldn't really push beyond the holy f**k sauce again, as it's got in my eyes a great balance between taste and heat, and it is very hot. His buffalo sauce is pleasant too, and a nice change.

I also agree RE the red top flying goose. The green for me is the best, and I do love mixing it with mayo to make an incredible dip for smoked pork chops.

I'm not sure what will be for dinner tonight... I need to have a think!
» what did you have for tea? (Go to post)17-06-2020 @ 00:22 
That looks delicious Rick.

Have you tried any of the other sriracha sauces? There are a few different varieties now it seems, but hard to come by.

If you like hot sauces, there is a chap called The Ribman who makes a delicious hot sauce called Holy f**k. Very tasty and with quite the kick. There are also hotter varieties of this sauce with amusing names, but they are a bit too hot for me to enjoy with gay abandon.

My dinner tonight was a mountain of smoked chicken thighs in my bbq and chicken jus sauce. I’ve got to deliver 150 portions of it this weekend so I’m still tweaking the recipe.
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)17-06-2020 @ 00:16 
LessThanLuke said:
Off the top of my head nope.
Him doing my max for 3 makes me sad hah.

But he’s an absolute specimen!!!
» what did you have for tea? (Go to post)16-06-2020 @ 08:07 
Sterling work there. I’m a huge fan of the flying goose sriracha mayo too, that stuff is superb.

Saying that, the normal green top sriracha sauce is possibly my go to condiment these days. The sweet taste, MSG Goodness and little hit of heat are a winning combo. I recently found an extra hot version for sale with a red top and despite my initial excitement it wasn’t as good as the original.

My dinner last night was a simple cheese and ham toastie. When done right, they’re incredibly tasty.

Shame I can’t upload pictures direct from my phone.
» what did you have for tea? (Go to post)15-06-2020 @ 18:57 
I’ve got a buddy who swears by it for cooking his large joints of meat.

I cooked up 30kg of beef chuck last weekend on the smoker, then portioned it out for customers. It came out incredible but my worry is that when they have to reheat the meat, they will be put off by the concept of reheating the vac seemed meat in a pot of water instead of nuking it in the microwave.
» what did you have for tea? (Go to post)15-06-2020 @ 10:08 
My little BBQ catering business has had to go down the home delivery route since lockdown kicked in, and I have to say it is actually a little easier than normal events!

I've been doing home DIY kits, so people can build and prep the food at a good time for them. Everything arrives cooked and ready, they just need to reheat the meat element and build the food. It's gone really well, but I'm already starting to outgrow my home setup.

Rick do you do much in the way of sous vide at home? I don't use it as a cooking method, but I'm going to start vac packing meat instead of using bio degradable containers. However, at present we are advising customers to reheat in an oven, or microwave. I do feel that if I start saying to reheat the vac pac in simmering water on the stove, that it will almost devalue my food and people will think it is just boil in a bag... Which is probably silly as pretty much everyone else is doing this.
» what did you have for tea? (Go to post)11-06-2020 @ 22:14 
Lovely stuff good sir. I need to get back into this thread.
» coronavirus (Go to post)11-06-2020 @ 20:31 
I know a guy from my local town, young (40), fit and healthy with no underlying health issues who died from it. The only risk factor as far as I know was that he was black.

Ive certainly noticed people in recent weeks being far more relaxed in regards to social distancing, and all the rules in general.

I’m still trying my best to follow the suggested guidelines and carry on being an anti social wa**er.
» Eddie Hall vs Thor Björnsson boxing match (Go to post)18-05-2020 @ 16:58 
BigMacca said:
The Viking Press incident was the least controversial thing at WSM 2017 - All it boils down to is an athlete not agreeing with an officials decision (big wow).
Bryce's judging was all over the place, but Ed was going to win that event all day, every day.
What they don't want to show however, is how it was just another perceived issue on top of a few others:
  • Eddie getting info about the events months before the other athletes (allegedly)
  • Events being changed last minute to better suit Eddie (allegedly) - e.g. Drag taken out for tyre flip, stone platforms lowered, being allowed to rest/put the equipment down on the Viking press
  • Favourable judging for Eddie (e.g. super quick down calls on the deadlift)

The above actually lead to Thor and Shaw (well, minus the viking press for Shaw) threatening to pull out mid competition.
But all of that is commonplace in strongman, especially Giants Live/WSM events - It's just part of the game and they all know about it (how many associations got thrown at Terry Todd over the years for tailoring the events to suit Big Z?)
Thor acted like a little girl about WSM 2017, no two ways about it.
Whatever happened with event selection/changes, Ed still had to turn up and do the business and he did just that!
The current media onslaught by Giants live is to make Ed look like less of a sore loser about the 501kg deadlift - Now that Thor looks like he's done with strongman (and clearly doesn't like Bryce), they have no reason not to go after him as they are Team Eddie all the way.
Strongman is moving more away from being a sport than it ever was with all this bulls**t.
It was bad enough when it was being treated as just a TV show, but it's now turning into reality TV Unhappy

I guess the rest of the issues and allegations are just hard to dismiss or prove otherwise as there is no ‘hard’ footage or evidence other then hear say etc, unlike the Viking press shenanigans.

I completely agree though RE the old allegations of Z getting everything his way in the past with comps. I think it just goes with the tag of being the man etc. I guess there is a lot of s**t that goes on behind the scenes, and it’s anyways easier to say it was rigged or so and so was getting inside information.

Did Brian ever come out and say it was rigged though? He’s usually so well mannered and respectful with his words, so for him to say something would certainly raise eyebrows. I don’t recall seeing it at the time?

Thor certainly didn’t come out of 2017 in the best light though. Media editing or not, he certainly does come across like a diva with all his yes men.
» Eddie Hall vs Thor Björnsson boxing match (Go to post)18-05-2020 @ 16:51 
Post Edited: 18.05.2020 @ 16:59 PM by The_Lone_Wolf
Quite interesting for Loz to speak up though. I get the feeling he’s more Team Thor then Team Eddie, but he does allude to Thor being a diva.
» Eddie Hall vs Thor Björnsson boxing match (Go to post)18-05-2020 @ 16:49 
AdamT said:
His 472 deadlift should never have counted

On what grounds?

I remember watching it at the time and didn’t see any issues? However, I’ve not watched it since so unsure what happened.
» Luke's big log (Go to post)17-05-2020 @ 23:39 
BigMacca said:
The 500kg deadlift we are still waiting for him to lockout

Haha I never looked at it that closely.

What does you old pal Andy think of that lift? Does he think it was locked out or not?

12345678910 ... ... 172173174175176177178179180181182

You are here: HomeForumThe_Lone_Wolf → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2020 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto