I have no addictions but poker isnt gambling, course it is doing it that way

You're stood on the banks of a North African river mate Wink
PikefingersIcon...02-10-2014 @ 14:31 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
Disagree, i would very rarely get stressed selling and some never do, always the better ones. I'm not wrong and i dont mean a script about the product i mean a script that works with people. The best salesman i have ever came across knows very little about what he sells and he is always sell the same exact way.

Respect your right to disagree, but in this case you're hearing how it is from someone that actually knows how it is.

I wasn't referring to product scripts either (haven't ever heard of such a thing either).

The fact that the guy you know that has little product knowledge also sells a lot is not because some kind of script is doing the work. -It's because he has the communication skills to understand what his customers want to hear and then react to that by putting whatever products/services are on offer with your company into the context of the customer's vision. Sales people are usually not product experts (myself included). "Product flogging" as it's sometimes called is a classic rookie mistake when starting out in sales.

Put in simple terms - people don't buy products, they buy into a vision of what they think that product will mean to them.

Example: when you bought your log, I don't think you bought it because it was a particular colour or X cm long, or because of the knurling on the handles or any other feature. I think you bought it because you bought into the vision of having your own strongman log and how that would help you on your quest to becoming a world-beating 90KG strongman.

Re: your point of "the best salesmen" not getting stressed, that's just not true. The personality type that is best suited to sales is the one that feels the pressure of the targets hanging over him, because that stress motivates him to work harder and achieve more. The same people generally also get just as excited by the buzz of closing a deal as they get stressed when the pressure is on.

I've knocked in my targets by 30 consecutive quarters and done the same in previous jobs, so I know what I'm talking about. -I've also sadly seen a lot of people who haven't made the grade.
MrSmallIcon...02-10-2014 @ 14:32 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
Not sure how these last two pages could have been bettered.
bryceIcon...02-10-2014 @ 14:39 
Juice loose aboot this hoose
Member 1401, 3962 posts
SQ 160, BP 107.5, DL 210
477.5 kgs @ 88kgs UnEq
little_a said:

LOL, took me a minute - I like this one
WiganIcon...02-10-2014 @ 14:40 
a cynical old scrote
Member 68, 6844 posts
SQ 255, BP 132.5, DL 250
637.5 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
Wigan said:Paul, does it ever worry you that everyone else is always wrong and you are always right? It hardly seems possible does it?

This is not the case

Ah, I must be wrong
PaulSavageIcon...02-10-2014 @ 14:50 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
little_a said:

The reason i did that was because at the time i wasnt full time contracted in my day job, only sunday and they cut all my overtime, meaning i was playing poker all week instead, but the they rang out the blue an said they wanted me working through the week again, starting the next day. I didnt have a big enough bankroll to play and cash enough money out to keep playing at high enough stakes so to not go back to work i needed roughly 7.5k.

It was actually more unlucky than it seemed too because i got over that mark the previous hand and meant to click out but i miss clicked the thing and got dealt in.
MrSmallIcon...02-10-2014 @ 14:53 
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
The reason i did that was because at the time i wasnt full time contracted in my day job, only sunday and they cut all my overtime, meaning i was playing poker all week instead, but the they rang out the blue an said they wanted me working through the week again, starting the next day. I didnt have a big enough bankroll to play and cash enough money out to keep playing at high enough stakes so to not go back to work i needed roughly 7.5k.
It was actually more unlucky than it seemed too because i got over that mark the previous hand and meant to click out but i miss clicked the thing and got dealt in.

So basically you gambled instead of working?
MrSmallIcon...02-10-2014 @ 14:53 
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
Wigan said:
Ah, I must be wrong

Grin Grin Grin Grin
MrSmallIcon...02-10-2014 @ 14:54 
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
Luke82 said:
Well you asked to move in and fill the garage with pallets a little while ago didn't you?

These things just happen.
PaulSavageIcon...02-10-2014 @ 14:57 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 02.10.2014 @ 15:04 PM by PaulSavage
Pikefingers said:
Respect your right to disagree, but in this case you're hearing how it is from someone that actually knows how it is.
I wasn't referring to product scripts either (haven't ever heard of such a thing either).
The fact that the guy you know that has little product knowledge also sells a lot is not because some kind of script is doing the work. -It's because he has the communication skills to understand what his customers want to hear and then react to that by putting whatever products/services are on offer with your company into the context of the customer's vision. Sales people are usually not product experts (myself included). "Product flogging" as it's sometimes called is a classic rookie mistake when starting out in sales.
Put in simple terms - people don't buy products, they buy into a vision of what they think that product will mean to them.
Example: when you bought your log, I don't think you bought it because it was a particular colour or X cm long, or because of the knurling on the handles or any other feature. I think you bought it because you bought into the vision of having your own strongman log and how that would help you on your quest to becoming a world-beating 90KG strongman.
Re: your point of "the best salesmen" not getting stressed, that's just not true. The personality type that is best suited to sales is the one that feels the pressure of the targets hanging over him, because that stress motivates him to work harder and achieve more. The same people generally also get just as excited by the buzz of closing a deal as they get stressed when the pressure is on.
I've knocked in my targets by 30 consecutive quarters and done the same in previous jobs, so I know what I'm talking about. -I've also sadly seen a lot of people who haven't made the grade.

You dont get what i mean. I mean telling them what they want to hear by script, as in he says all the things they want to hear time and time again. It's all the same stuff, i could write a list of everything he does inside a minute. He has been rated as one of the best salesman in the entire company a number of times. He doesnt get stressed. The next best salesman is the same, never stressed, says the same stuff, only difference is he is so lazy he doesnt even get up out his chair to go to customers unless they call him or he knows they are wealthy.

No, i didnt buy a vision, i bought the log because i wanted a 13" log with multiple handle widths. I designed it, it wasnt something that was sold to me.
PaulSavageIcon...02-10-2014 @ 14:57 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
MrSmall said:
So basically you gambled instead of working?

Why are you trolling?
MrSmallIcon...02-10-2014 @ 15:04 
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
Why are you trolling?

I am not - I have never been anything but respectful in your log, including now. I am just stating the facts as can be seen by everyone else in this log, to underline certain facts and make sure that is what you meant.

If you say you did not have confirmed hours at work, and sat at home playing poker, that does mean you were gambling instead of working. Also it is implied that you did not have a large amount of money at that point as again you were unconfirmed with work, so you were gambling with the limited money that you did have. This is strongly frowned upon by many parties, and is a key sign of gambling addiction, similar to the "that's ok, I will just play again and win it back" for endless cycles.
Lionel_Rich_TeaIcon...02-10-2014 @ 15:09 
Dunkin' on the celing.
Member 5200, 224 posts
SQ 152.5, BP 160, DL 190
502.5 kgs @ 129kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
No was several days after putting almost everything i had into a poker game, playing for 5 hours, going all in bunch of times, winning over 5k then going all in for 8k with quad jacks and a 97.6% chance of winning over 32k with one card to come and losing.

what did they have?
PaulSavageIcon...02-10-2014 @ 15:12 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
MrSmall said:
I am not - I have never been anything but respectful in your log, including now. I am just stating the facts as can be seen by everyone else in this log, to underline certain facts and make sure that is what you meant.
If you say you did not have confirmed hours at work, and sat at home playing poker, that does mean you were gambling instead of working. Also it is implied that you did not have a large amount of money at that point as again you were unconfirmed with work, so you were gambling with the limited money that you did have. This is strongly frowned upon by many parties, and is a key sign of gambling addiction, similar to the "that's ok, I will just play again and win it back" for endless cycles.

Poker isnt gambling, i just said this. It's completely different than other forms and is an actual sport. You can get lucky and win money but it's extremely unlikely to last very long if you dont have the skill and there is masses of it invovled in the game. Being a consistent winning poker player is extremely difficult and unless you have a very high IQ is likely to take a lot of work / time to accomplish.
PaulSavageIcon...02-10-2014 @ 15:19 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Lionel_Rich_Tea said:
what did they have?

They had aces and kings (someome also had 10's from what they said after!). It was a completely rediculous hand, basically i flop'd quads and the guy with aces flop's aces full of jacks so obviously he was going all in no matter what but think we both checked trying to trap then the guy with kings bet to see where he was at then we both thought we had the nuts so smooth called then the turn came a king so he then has kings full of jacks and thinks he has the nuts and basically it went all in on the turn 3 ways and a fourth f**king king came on the river.

12345678910 ... 335336337 ... 617618619620621622623624625626627

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions