Who's Online - 2 members and 185 guests

Paul Savage training log

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... ... 617618619620621622623624625626627

Wayne_CowdreyIcon...11-10-2019 @ 12:25 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22043 posts
The_Lone_Wolf said:
Was a decision even made about which crisp is the most anabolic?

I don't believe it was. I've just realised that the concept of leftover crisps was never explored.
little_aIcon...11-10-2019 @ 12:55 
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
Jaybuk said:Ignore the haters positive vibes only, curious where you guys are currently on the Bristol stool chart I’m sitting at a comfy 3

Wayne_Cowdrey said:
slimsim said:
A good coach wouldn't have entered you

Loal. Being entered too much can make you very sore.

billynomates said:
It can also fry the CNS

Solid work lads. I've always enjoyed Paul's log and it would be a shame if he left it.
I wonder if the log could continue under its own impetus eventually evolving to become self aware before seeing all people as it's enemies. Be a great film. "Terminator 7: Paul's log"
The_Lone_WolfIcon...11-10-2019 @ 13:26 
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2996 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
I don't believe it was. I've just realised that the concept of leftover crisps was never explored.

Do you have any theories about the most anabolic?

I know you've tested crisps extensively.
PaulSavageIcon...11-10-2019 @ 15:08 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 11.10.2019 @ 15:37 PM by PaulSavage
yiannis said:I've not posted on here for ages but what I seem to be getting from this all is that.....

Paul is very good at brainwashing someone who suffered from low confidence into the fact he is the best thing for her and because of the low confidence Rebecca feels happy/secure in the relationship/coaching.Stockholm syndrome comes to mind slightly in this relationship.
As stated by most on here his training methods are barbaric and make no sense to most. The bit where he suggested a Heavy week to conquer a f**ked CNS actually made me LOL.

Feel for you Rebecca as I honestly think Paul spotted a natural talent and wanted the success for himself to Emphasise how great he is as a coach as he hasn't got the glory from lifting he wanted.

I wish you all the success Rebecca as I honestly believe you work hard for it and deserve it but if you found a coach that actually cared about your wellbeing and not just how you can make him look as a coach you would come on even better.

Now I'm not into bullying at all but when someone makes out they are basically gods brother questions will be asked. Not just that when you argue with some of the top lifters like AMH and never listen again questions will be asked. Sometimes you need to look at other peoples tips and advice and accept it rather then argue with them constantly! I have the same coach as general and he is one of the best at what he does but he admits himself he is still learning new ways of training all the time off people. That's what good coaches do!

And Paul if your reading this why don't you let Rebecca find another coach. Support her and be what a Boyfriend should be and see how she gets on! If you where doing what's best for her (like a bf should) than that would be best.

Anyway congrts on your achievements thus far Rebecca!

Very possibly the most ridiculous post ive read..maybe not theres been a lot but it's like a blind squirrel talking about how to be good at tennis to a tennis coach who just got someone to four world titles. Your beyond clueless.

Obviously never said use a heavy week to recover cns (please feel free to post that none existent quote). I dont do this for me, i don't stay up till 1am at the gym coaching her to get up at 5am for work the next day for fun, that doesn't benefit me and ive gained nothing at all from being her coach and have sacrificed my own training massively when i was competing at a very high level in grip. Ive not helped her through severe ptsd / axiety etc for me either, it doesnt benefit me. You know absolutely nothing about our relationship.

As for my coaching, if it wasnt good she wouldnt get good results, simple as that. Everyone at the top level in sports has good genetics, and the rest shes competing against are on gear - did you put any thought into this post? You think the others who have been training for 2-3-4-5 times as long as her and take gear sit on there arses most the time or something? Just a slight bit of common sense is all that's needed here. Theres zero chance she could be anywhere near them drug free at this point if she wasn't doing everything right or nigh on, zero chance.

As for another coach, again this is a case of you knowing nothing about Becca. She wouldnt do it if someone wasnt here 24/7, she wouldnt even go to the gym that often, she not self motivated enough, not for doing things to this level (almost nobody is for that matter). I make sure she gets enough water, takes all her supplements, salts her meals, eats right and often enough, gets enough sleep, i do massage for her, i make sure she warms up right, i make sure she stretches, im there every recovery session, through every training session making critical changes there and then when it needs to happen. None of this would happen with any online coach no matter how good they was and she couldnt afford one in person.

By the way, what is it you think is bad about how i train / coach her? Anything specific about any routines? Training methods? Curious as i pretty much use all stuff from various high level lifters that have all had great success mixed with basic principles that have worked for a very long time.
RebeccaRobertsIcon...11-10-2019 @ 15:38 
update game is weak
Member 6289, 173 posts
SQ 220, BP 120, DL 228
568.0 kgs @ 175kgs UnEq
yiannis said:

Paul is very good at brainwashing someone who suffered from low confidence into the fact he is the best thing for her and because of the low confidence Rebecca feels happy/secure in the relationship/coaching.Stockholm syndrome comes to mind slightly in this relationship.

I dont have low confidence any more. I did when I first met Paul yes but together we have worked on building myself and my mental health up.

Also do you even know me? I sure as hell have no idea who you are so you are in no place to comment on our relationship.

yiannis said:

The bit where he suggested a Heavy week to conquer a f**ked CNS actually made me LOL.

I have never done a heavy week to recover a fried CNS in my life LOAL get facts right next time.

yiannis said:

if you found a coach that actually cared about your wellbeing and not just how you can make him look as a coach you would come on even better.

Paul does care about my wellbeing. He makes sure I get enough sleep, makes sure im drinking water, taking my tablets, cooks for me a lot of the time and is my shoulder to cry on when my anxiety and PTSD flare up. I could not ask for someone more supportive of me and my goals.

yiannis said:

And Paul if your reading this why don't you let Rebecca find another coach. Support her and be what a Boyfriend should be and see how she gets on! If you where doing what's best for her (like a bf should) than that would be best.

That may be because im not actually looking for another coach?

Im not just some inanimate object here and I have the capability of making my own choices and my own decisions.

And again, he is exactly what a partner should be and more. He has literally given me his all and i couldnt have asked for any more.

Right now im currently sick as a dog with my second chest infection in 3 weeks and on my 2nd lot of antibiotics. Paul is making sure im taking my vitamins, letting me sleep as much as i need to or want to (literally meaning that he goes to work at 6am, finishes at 2 and legit no housework whatsoever has been done) cooks for me, will be adjusting my programme yet again while still providing me with all the love and support i could need. If this isnt what a 'boyfriend' does please enlighten me?
danbaseleyIcon...11-10-2019 @ 15:54 
A member for 10 years and still no mouldy peanuts
Member 1252, 4474 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 215
485.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
Very possibly the most ridiculous post ive read..maybe not theres been a lot but it's like a blind squirrel talking about how to be good at tennis to a tennis coach who just got someone to four world titles. Your beyond clueless.
Obviously never said use a heavy week to recover cns (please feel free to post that none existent quote). I dont do this for me, i don't stay up till 1am at the gym coaching her to get up at 5am for work the next day for fun, that doesn't benefit me and ive gained nothing at all from being her coach and have sacrificed my own training massively when i was competing at a very high level in grip. Ive not helped her through severe ptsd / axiety etc for me either, it doesnt benefit me. You know absolutely nothing about our relationship.
As for my coaching, if it wasnt good she wouldnt get good results, simple as that. Everyone at the top level in sports has good genetics, and the rest shes competing against are on gear - did you put any thought into this post? You think the others who have been training for 2-3-4-5 times as long as her and take gear sit on there arses most the time or something? Just a slight bit of common sense is all that's needed here. Theres zero chance she could be anywhere near them drug free at this point if she wasn't doing everything right or nigh on, zero chance.
As for another coach, again this is a case of you knowing nothing about Becca. She wouldnt do it if someone wasnt here 24/7, she wouldnt even go to the gym that often, she not self motivated enough, not for doing things to this level (almost nobody is for that matter). I make sure she gets enough water, takes all her supplements, salts her meals, eats right and often enough, gets enough sleep, i do massage for her, i make sure she warms up right, i make sure she stretches, im there every recovery session, through every training session making critical changes there and then when it needs to happen. None of this would happen with any online coach no matter how good they was and she couldnt afford one in person.
By the way, what is it you think is bad about how i train / coach her? Anything specific about any routines? Training methods? Curious as i pretty much use all stuff from various high level lifters that have all had great success mixed with basic principles that have worked for a very long time.

There's a metaphor in here somewhere:

https://media.giphy.com/media/Y0CyiZ9YNM9Aejr3Yj/giphy.gif
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...11-10-2019 @ 15:55 
Member 400, 22043 posts
The_Lone_Wolf said:
Do you have any theories about the most anabolic?
I know you've tested crisps extensively.

If poppadoms count as crisps then it's those. If not, maybe McCoy's?
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...11-10-2019 @ 16:14 
Member 400, 22043 posts
I've noticed that you're both ill a LOT.
RebeccaRobertsIcon...11-10-2019 @ 16:29 
update game is weak
Member 6289, 173 posts
SQ 220, BP 120, DL 228
568.0 kgs @ 175kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:I've noticed that you're both ill a LOT.

Tbf im not actually sure when the last time i was sick was, its been a while.

First chest infection i believe was caught on the plane to barcelona. After a course of antibiotics i was okay for about 4 days then it came back with a vengeance (on day 4 of my 2nd course now).

I take high doses of vitamin d. Its helped me, used to get sick a lot more but PCOS weakens my immune system and thats always been the way with me.

When i was 16 i had tonsillitis for 11 months straight, 10 courses of antibiotics in that time and nothing. Had to have them out in the end.

Paul only gets sick when i pass it onto him lol.
WILLSANIcon...11-10-2019 @ 16:34 
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eVV_E56hbNM/WSJuoCHfUNI/AAAAAAAAMJo/XzXOWtUZWgomYZUoIwtU2aayKdsd10DEwCLcB/s320/Gaslight%2Banimated%2Bgif.gif
Funky_monkeyIcon...11-10-2019 @ 17:25 
403 forbidden message
Member 160, 5121 posts
SQ 190, BP 137.5, DL 225
552.5 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:I've noticed that you're both ill a LOT.

Malnutrition.
PaulSavageIcon...11-10-2019 @ 19:12 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Funky_monkey said:
Malnutrition.

Really constructive post, using your time well
PaulSavageIcon...11-10-2019 @ 19:14 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
I'm not sure ill post again on this forum, it's just full of bulls**t trolls with nothing better to do. Cant be arsed with it.
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...11-10-2019 @ 19:25 
Member 400, 22043 posts
Ignore all the plant pottery. Sugden needs you!
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...11-10-2019 @ 19:27 
Member 400, 22043 posts
PaulSavage said:
Really constructive post, using your time well

To be fair it wouldn't have taken up much of his time to post 1 word.

12345678910 ... ... 617618619620621622623624625626627

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions