Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining Journalsfat man having ago at being a strongman

fat man having ago at being a strongman

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Joni said:mate, had you or gary down as the performance of the day. Vey well done mate.

Who's Gary?

Well done today. You have set high standards now which must be maintained, f**k that, built upon. Not bad for a fat man having a go at strongman Wink
sorry meant karl Happy
Another impressive comp performance. Getting to be a regular 300+ deadlifter and top 10 placing.
Great work mate. Solid throughout.
I thought you might suprise a few people yesterday and you did.Not only was your static stuff strong you proved that you can haul arse for a big lad and you have good stamina too.

I look forward to training with you again soon mate.
thank you for all your very kind complments

It was good to put faces to names. all you guys are top blokes (dont worry i am not gay)

as for 2010 depending on knee op i will only probably compete later into the year if there is a big open comp on.

I am going to train a little bit different for awhile as i feel rather burnt out (i dont think working shifts helps. i rely far to much on caffiene for staying awake and pre training)so no more pro plus

the areas i will be working on are:

any overhead as per the last 2 years

deadlift lockout and using my suit see if i can get used to it/see if it will benifit me

fitness and leanness (the 2008 version of me would not have almost died after the medley)Unhappy
PAGAN said:I thought you might suprise a few people yesterday and you did.Not only was your static stuff strong you proved that you can haul arse for a big lad and you have good stamina too.

I look forward to training with you again soon mate.

cheers maye i look forward to training with you also
Slighgtly before ssm2 i wasnt feeling 100% but with the comp coming up i just ignored the way i was feeling and load my self with stimulants.
for the past 8 days i have felt like s**t not been able to breath properly and not hand an appetite at all.
In these 8 days i had a romantic night in a hotel booked, got to the hotel and proceeded to come down with food poisoning on top off: illness(man-flu) and having a battered body from comp.

today was first time touching a weight, knew not to expect much.
my NEW PLAN will take effect at the start of april as i have not got much time to train at mo cause of on holiday for a bit. will hopefully be going to have a session at THE CELL in a couple of weeks hope i feel tip top that day.

logpress
75x2x2
95x2
115xf/1 both cleans were wank dew to wrist injure

tried hitler cleans upto 100kg these felt quite good up to the point where u have to get the bar off your shoulder. these are dead to me now
did some continental cleans ~(not using belt) upto 110kg i will stick with these
tried power clean and push press
80x3
90x3x2 wrist hated these

axle deadlift
90x1
131x1
171xfail these was my pb on a scaffolding pole, axle is smoother and thicker
151x1

since ssm2 my knee has been absolutly pain free so thought i would try some squats bad idea to just above depth is fine any thing below was suicide fell over twice with 60kg, i will not squat till after op now
What op you having mate?
hope the op goes well mark. and good you have gotten over the combination of illnesses.
i have torn cartilidge in my right knee. its stopped me from jerking, squating and doing any yoke. every thing else has been fine
f**k me mate that's a list and a half. Take it steady and heal all those niggles before you think about kicking my arse again.Grin
top stuff mate , the op will make you even more beastly !! EVEN MORE !
kingham22 said:i have torn cartilidge in my right knee. its stopped me from jerking, squating and doing any yoke. every thing else has been fine

so when you getting it repaired?
Thing said:
so when you getting it repaired?

they said probably april. its nhs so who knows i have not commited to any comps(just enquired) so no pressure to get it fixed before something if you know what i mean. i would really like to start squating again thou Angry

You are here: HomeForumTraining Journalsfat man having ago at being a strongman
Return to top View Desktop Site