REGISTER
 

Tom's training log...

12345678910 ... 863864 ... 865866867868869870871872873874875

NX1Icon...22-10-2014 @ 19:26 
Member 5550, 2 posts
Please upload some more videos Unhappy
Tom_MartinIcon...25-10-2014 @ 12:49 
Avatar
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Did a few things over the last few days

Squat sessions include

Belted - 235kg x 4 doubles
these were all really hard. My hips hate this wider stance

Belted - 262.5kg x 1 - 240kg x 3 doubles
for this session I took my stance back to being closer and allowed all the usual forward knee travel to give my hips a break. It was also way easier this way. Maybe I just do this...


Beltless
242.5kg x 2 for a beltless 2 rep PB. Also way easier than the 235 doubles earlier this week.

Bench
not much of note except a 173kg that came up nicely



SLDL
275kg x 5



Combining with the 320 deficit I did on Monday, that gives me a weekly training total of
262.5 - 173 - 320 = 755.5

Which is decent. I will keep track of this week to week I think. 760+ target for next week, want to get a 265 squat done at some point and a 325 deficit deadlift which will be the biggest deficit i've done.
DeanW92Icon...25-10-2014 @ 16:59 
Member 4496, 1446 posts
SQ 240, BP 200, DL 300
740.0 kgs @ 112kgs UnEq
Was the 262.5 a "hybrid" squat? So lower bar position but forward knee travel and close-ish stance?

Do you find at maximal weights you struggle more with getting pitched forward doing this or high-bar?
Tom_MartinIcon...25-10-2014 @ 19:51 
Avatar
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
DeanW92 said:Was the 262.5 a "hybrid" squat? So lower bar position but forward knee travel and close-ish stance?

Do you find at maximal weights you struggle more with getting pitched forward doing this or high-bar?


I don't do any low bar at all! You have hybrid mixed up I think! For me it was a high bar placement with wider stance and less knee travel.

The 262.5 was just a normal high bar squat, but with a belt on. Felt good.
shanejerIcon...25-10-2014 @ 21:01 
Member 1307, 14110 posts
SQ 355, BP 240, DL 370
965.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
Hi
JohnGymIcon...25-10-2014 @ 21:06 
Avatar
Hamstrings feel activated.
Member 1107, 6964 posts
SQ 220, BP 152.5, DL 252.5
625.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Shane lvs Lola 2014
shanejerIcon...25-10-2014 @ 21:15 
Member 1307, 14110 posts
SQ 355, BP 240, DL 370
965.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
JohnGym said:Shane lvs Lola 2014


LoOoL
Tom_MartinIcon...26-10-2014 @ 10:57 
Avatar
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
what the f**k
DeanW92Icon...26-10-2014 @ 11:56 
Member 4496, 1446 posts
SQ 240, BP 200, DL 300
740.0 kgs @ 112kgs UnEq
Tom_Martin said:
I don't do any low bar at all! You have hybrid mixed up I think! For me it was a high bar placement with wider stance and less knee travel.
The 262.5 was just a normal high bar squat, but with a belt on. Felt good.


Yer ive got it mixed up then. A few months ago i thought you had started doing a couple of sessions low bar too.

I was just wondering because basically if i try squat and keep upright as possible, in the bottom position when i squat highbar the bar is always infront of the centreline of my foot. Ive been working loads on hip and ankle mobility and trying different stances and pointing feet out more etc but nothing seems to change this.
Tom_MartinIcon...26-10-2014 @ 16:05 
Avatar
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
I said:Did a few things over the last few days



Combining with the 320 deficit I did on Monday, that gives me a weekly training total of
262.5 - 173 - 320 = 755.5

Which is decent. I will keep track of this week to week I think. 760+ target for next week, want to get a 265 squat done at some point and a 325 deficit deadlift which will be the biggest deficit i've done.


265 and 325 done.


Squat - belt - sticking with narrow stance

bar x 3 x 3
70
120
170
210
235
255
265kg x 1 - even better than the 262.5 was really...


Deficit deads

70
120
170
220
270
305
325kg x 1 - f**king hard but a PB.


So finishing the week with

265 - 173 - 325 = 763.

Good considering my strong lift is at least 25kg down due to being from a deficit.
Tom_MartinIcon...26-10-2014 @ 16:08 
Avatar
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
DeanW92 said:
Yer ive got it mixed up then. A few months ago i thought you had started doing a couple of sessions low bar too.
I was just wondering because basically if i try squat and keep upright as possible, in the bottom position when i squat highbar the bar is always infront of the centreline of my foot. Ive been working loads on hip and ankle mobility and trying different stances and pointing feet out more etc but nothing seems to change this.


I did, but then I f**ked my wrist up and I can't support the bar there anymore. Might revisit it again in the future.

Advise I use to help people with your problem is to descend by pushing your chest up, and pulling your hips DOWN. Don't go back, try to just pull them straight down. You'll probably find you have to concewntrate really hard and go slowly so as to not get pulled into different (stronger for you atm) positions on the way down. It takes a lot of getting used to.

This is of course without even seeing your squat, but what I see the most of.
DeanW92Icon...26-10-2014 @ 17:43 
Member 4496, 1446 posts
SQ 240, BP 200, DL 300
740.0 kgs @ 112kgs UnEq
Tom_Martin said:
I did, but then I f**ked my wrist up and I can't support the bar there anymore. Might revisit it again in the future.
Advise I use to help people with your problem is to descend by pushing your chest up, and pulling your hips DOWN. Don't go back, try to just pull them straight down. You'll probably find you have to concewntrate really hard and go slowly so as to not get pulled into different (stronger for you atm) positions on the way down. It takes a lot of getting used to.
This is of course without even seeing your squat, but what I see the most of.


I dont really sit back much i try to force my knees out though and sit down into the space created by my knees going outwards.

Gunna try do both highbar and lowbar i think.
JackRevansIcon...28-10-2014 @ 10:56 
Avatar
'There was also a sausage in my mouth.'
Member 2477, 16481 posts
SQ 190, BP 130, DL 235
555.0 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism.htm

I scored 19 - no autism. beat that
Tom_MartinIcon...28-10-2014 @ 11:27 
Avatar
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
JackRevans said:http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism.htm

I scored 19 - no autism. beat that


Let's just say, I did beat that.
Tom_MartinIcon...28-10-2014 @ 18:37 
Avatar
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Didn't train yesterday, due to a dental abcess that resulted in me spending some time in A and E, and the rest of the time being "not very well".


Today I found I had lost 4-5kg over the last couple of days due to this...91kg this morning.


Squat - belt

bar x 3 x 3
70
120
170
215
240
260kg - not the best 260 has felt recently, but good enough for me to think "f**k it i'll have a go"
273kg x 1 - cool, hope to try 275 soon despite this being a massive grind.


CGBP

bar
60
100
140
156
166kg x 1
145kg x 5

12345678910 ... 863864 ... 865866867868869870871872873874875

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions