REGISTER
 

Tom's training log...

12345678910 ... 862863864 ... 865866867868869870871872873874875

BoarIcon...12-10-2014 @ 19:20 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
Post Edited: 15.10.2014 @ 10:56 AM by Boar
oh
Tom_MartinIcon...14-10-2014 @ 23:35 
Avatar
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Monday

olympic squats

bar x 3 x 3
70 x 1 x 3
120 x 1
150 x 1
180 x 1
205 x 1
230 x 1
245 x 1 - fast, easy, beautiful

good mornings

bar x 5
70 x 5
120 x 5
150 x 5

Much better than last time. Can see this going up fast


deficit deads

70
120
170
220
270
300kg x 2

What a horrible pull variation
Tom_MartinIcon...14-10-2014 @ 23:37 
Avatar
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Tuesday

powerlifting squats

bar x 3 x 3
70 x 1 x 3
120
170
205
225
237.5 x 2
237.5 x 2
237.5 x 2

Not a single rep felt stronger than yesterday's 245 oly squat. Why am I doing this

close grip bench

bar x 3
60
100
140
155
165kg x 1
142.5kg x 5
macrothIcon...15-10-2014 @ 15:01 
Avatar
no longer the Swiss Deadlift record holder
Member 3517, 3368 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 122.5, DL 255
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 15.10.2014 @ 15:01 PM by macroth
Tom_Martin said:Tuesday

Why am I doing this



Well, why are you? I know why you think you should, but are the results there? Are there definite signs that the results will be there within a reasonable timeframe?
Tom_MartinIcon...15-10-2014 @ 15:07 
Avatar
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
macroth said:
Well, why are you? I know why you think you should, but are the results there? Are there definite signs that the results will be there within a reasonable timeframe?


Well....it's gone from being very very poor to being sort of about as good in quite a short frame of time. But then I go heavy on an olympic squat every now and again and realise that's probably improved as well. Errr... at best, I'll lift more weight. At the worst, it's fine as an assistance exercise as it's strengthening some obviously lagging things at quite a quick rate. It's worth including in my training, i'm just not sure how I should compete just yet!
macrothIcon...15-10-2014 @ 15:18 
Avatar
no longer the Swiss Deadlift record holder
Member 3517, 3368 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 122.5, DL 255
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Tom_Martin said:
At the worst, it's fine as an assistance exercise as it's strengthening some obviously lagging things at quite a quick rate.


If I were you I'd leave it at that for the time being and not even think about it as a potential competition style. That just opens the door to second-guessing yourself on the platform.
Tom_MartinIcon...15-10-2014 @ 23:05 
Avatar
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Olympic Squats

bar x 3 x 3
70 x 1 x 3
120
155
185
210
235
250 - surprisingly easy!

Overhead Squats

40
60
80
95
101kg - err not bad

SLDL

101
170
230
265kg x 5 - stupidly easy
JackRevansIcon...16-10-2014 @ 06:19 
Avatar
'There was also a sausage in my mouth.'
Member 2477, 16481 posts
SQ 190, BP 130, DL 235
555.0 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
What are your thoughts on doing SLDL dead stop for strength off the floor?
Tom_MartinIcon...16-10-2014 @ 22:46 
Avatar
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
JackRevans said:What are your thoughts on doing SLDL dead stop for strength off the floor?


No. You want strength off the floor in a better position than this. You don't want to encourage this position. I could write many more paragraphs but I won't.


Squats - from pins in a power rack. Somewhere between the top and the bottom of a squat.

70
120
170
220
240
260
275kg x 1

Well that was hard

Bench

bar
60
100
140
160
167.5kg x 1

easy..
Tom_MartinIcon...18-10-2014 @ 22:06 
Avatar
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Friday

Olympic Squats

bar x 3 x 3
70 x 1 x 3
120
160
190
215

240kg x 2
205kg x 8

Back a little tender so wasn't up to a big single, did some reps instead. I'm pretty sure I've never done more than 1 rep beltless with 240kg + before so that's some form of progress. There was at least a 3rd there...


SLDL

120
200
250
270kg x 5
unit94Icon...18-10-2014 @ 22:11 
Avatar
what is everyone's fran time?
Member 3986, 10452 posts
SQ 340, BP 200, DL 400
940.0 kgs @ 129kgs Eq
When you said you lift 10% less with bent legs lol
Tom_MartinIcon...18-10-2014 @ 22:15 
Avatar
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
unit94 said:When you said you lift 10% less with bent legs lol


It's like he thought "hang on a minute... that position looks good! Someone needs to get him to try that!"

lol I HATE pulling how I do but...them extra kilos....! Unhappy
unit94Icon...18-10-2014 @ 22:20 
Avatar
what is everyone's fran time?
Member 3986, 10452 posts
SQ 340, BP 200, DL 400
940.0 kgs @ 129kgs Eq
Tom_Martin said:
It's like he thought "hang on a minute... that position looks good! Someone needs to get him to try that!"
lol I HATE pulling how I do but...them extra kilos....! Unhappy


I dont get how he didnt notice the SLDL in the description for f**k sake
Tom_MartinIcon...19-10-2014 @ 18:02 
Avatar
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Powerlifting Squats

bar x 3 x 3
70
120
170
210
240
260kg x 1
210kg x 7

Squats really did not feel comfortable today, but 260 was pretty quick really. Surprised.


Bench

bar x 3 x 3
60
100
140
162.5
170 x 1
142.5 x 6

Nothing difficult there...
Tom_MartinIcon...20-10-2014 @ 21:32 
Avatar
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Olympic Squats

bar x 3 x 3
70
120
160
195
220
245
255kg x 1


Good mornings

70
120
160kg x 5


Deficit Deadlifts

70
120
170
220
270
320kg x 1

12345678910 ... 862863864 ... 865866867868869870871872873874875

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions