REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 184 guests
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitDrugs ?

Drugs ?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

MarkCleggIconDrugs ?10-06-2010 @ 07:44 
knock knock !! who's there ?? OLD SCHOOL SUGDEN
Member 212, 11439 posts
SQ 325, BP 212.5, DL 370
907.5 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
I've been a member for a fair few years now and i can assure everyone that performance enhancing drugs were never talked about infact i thought it was against forum rules BUT looking back over these rules maybe i was wrong ..... In any case you may remember people saying things like special protein ect in the past and these comments are fine BUT just recently on a fair few occassions we've had it thrown in our face and in one case people bragging and telling us how much they take per week ect ....

I've encouraged many youngsters from my club(30+) to join SB some as young as 14,15 and i'm Not a big fan of this recent Bulls**t ...

I think Rob, You need to think about what you want from your Forum because its only a matter of time before i think it'll be ruined ..

I'm NOT against what anybody does in they're free time but if its advice about Drug use then why not Muscletalk ect for a better feedback ..
terryhollandsIcon...10-06-2010 @ 07:49 
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
Agree with you Mark, you never know who is reading these forums! Everyone already thinks strength sports are rife with PHD so not good to add to that theory.

I'm sure if anyone needs advice or wants to chat to people about stuff the private messages can be used
TonyIcon...10-06-2010 @ 07:55 
Is partial to the odd bender.
Member 6, 10239 posts
SQ 280, BP 192.5, DL 317.5
790.0 kgs @ 102kgs Eq
terryhollands said:Agree with you Mark, you never know who is reading these forums!

If I was in your position Terry/at your level I would assume everyone is reading the forums.
bignige1986Icon...10-06-2010 @ 07:55 
Taleban says his views on women are extreme
Member 639, 3518 posts
SQ 10, BP 10, DL 10
30.0 kgs @ 10kgs Eq
Post Edited: 10.06.2010 @ 07:57 AM by bignige1986
Fairpoint cleggy i could see why you may feel like that BUT allthough i often talk about certain usage im unaware of anyone talking about what there individually using and dosage etc...

The threads i have created/commented on have been talking about the ill effects and also the very sad subject of pro's coming to unfortunate demises at such young ages! Also do you really think that these young lads will never be exposed to steroid talk? Theres more than enough in the media i actually saw a article yesterday regarding the upcoming olympics and what the government are putting in place to try to stop doping, no disrespect mate but come on were hardly like muscletalk and going on about hardcore gear haha
RobIcon...10-06-2010 @ 07:57 
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7173 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
Thanks for bringing this up Mark - I appreciate your concerns and agree with everything you said.

The terms and conditions will be updated for clarity, but from now on there should be no specific details mentioned regarding drug usage in any threads. There is a PM system that people can use if they need to.

This is not a vendetta against those who use, or a suggestion the site recommends any federation over another, but simply a means of keeping the forum as open to as many new members as possible.
little_aIcon...10-06-2010 @ 08:12 
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
Tony said:
If I was in your position Terry/at your level I would assume everyone is reading the forums.

I dont think it takes a great deal to work out who most of us are TBH.

Personaly I dont think you can go far wrong with the attitude "Make your choice, shut up and get on with it". As Mark says what people do in their own time is their business, and it should stay that way IMO.
luke00Icon...10-06-2010 @ 08:37 
either Im a penis or Im not a penis
Member 722, 2977 posts
SQ 300, BP 220, DL 350
870.0 kgs @ 123kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 10.06.2010 @ 08:43 AM by luke00
Most of what I say is in mere jest i.e. the last comment of 4g of Androgens a week. My performances alone will clarify that is nothing more than a joke. However, whilst I understand what you are saying Mark I also do not believe censorpship is the answer. What if one of these youngster was determined to take PHD and needed advice and guidance on the subject ? Where have they got to turn ? - YOU@VE ALREADY ANSWERED THIS _ SORRY

Lack of knowledge is a very dangerous thing and could lead to serious problems.

Again I apologies for my jokes regarding the subject and understand that they can cause just as much harm, if not more, than no information at all if an impressionable young person was reading it. However, Rob I do not think that a complete censorship of any discussion what so ever on the subject is the right way to go. Then again I suppose that is what PMs are for. - AGAIN TERRY HAS ALREADY MENTIONED THIS - SORRY
PeteHodgsonIcon...10-06-2010 @ 08:50 
Has little understanding of the sugden
Member 677, 11338 posts
SQ 165, BP 125, DL 220
510.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
hmm, tricky one. I like this site because it's different. When I first found a bodybuilding forum online about 8 years ago (biohazard) it seemed that everone was taking steroids, and s**t loads of them. It didn't seem to matter what age they were, a lot were teenagers. For a while it got me thinking it was the norm and there was no harm in it. (they were talking big doses I think) Education is a good thing, but if this, or any forum went the same way and a young or new to the sport person came along they might get drawn in to thinking the same. The info (on any forum) should be good and safe and reliable, but who would/could take responsibility for it? I don't know what the other forums are like re. drugs these days, or how they vet what is discussed as I don't look at them anymore. Probably safer to leave it alone, and let other sites take responsibility. can of worms springs to mind.
MadcowdreyIcon...10-06-2010 @ 08:58 
SUGDEN SUCKS! Which is why i am here...
Member 370, 1520 posts
SQ 285, BP 185, DL 302.5
772.5 kgs @ 94kgs Eq
Agree with Terry.. good point mark
OdiousSlobIcon...10-06-2010 @ 10:42 
Bell end
Member 1271, 432 posts
Whilst I agree that talking about personal use/dosages/sources/other specifics of steroids on the forum should be kept to PM's, I fail to see how the general discussion of one of the biggest parts of strength training (like it or not) contravenes the terms and conditions of this forum.

Discussion of Drugs
This is a lifting website, some members take drugs in order to enhance their performance. This is an individual decision and must be respected as such - no member should unduly attempt to convince another member to either take or stop taking drugs. There must be absolutely no discussion of where to purchase any such drugs from, nor any specific mention of details regarding one's drug usage.

BigNige started a thread recently that was extremely interesting and raised a few taboo's about PED's in sport. This thread was subsequently closed, presumably because a couple of members were depressed about what may be the hard truth and decided to complain via pm to the admins. The admins on this website need to decide whether or not they will let their content be dictated by certain members, or stick to their own policy and keep the forum open and fair. Otherwise what's the point of a discussion forum? You might as well just make it invite only.
PAGANIcon...10-06-2010 @ 10:50 
I took about £4 out of Sooty's bottom
Member 685, 8719 posts
SQ 225, BP 150, DL 290
665.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
It's a difficult subject. I often feel that drugs are the elephant in the room here on Sugden and that by using obvious euphemisms such as 'special protein' etc it's possible to make it seem there's a big conspiracy going on and that we are all using drugs when many arn't.

I think it's better to educate younger trainers about the dangers of drug use rather than pretend it doesn't happen. My son uses this site and having discussed the dangers of PED use with him on several occasions including the added risks for someone his age (15) I hope he understands that regardless of what anyone is doing on here PED's are something he shouldn't consider until he is an adult himself.

I fully understand some members reasons for not wishing to discuss PED's and I respect this but personally I'm not sure censoring all discussion is the way forward. I noticed a thread on a legally available supplement earlier and I was going to post a reply pointing out that this 'supplement' came with all the same risks as illegal oral steroids as it is basically the same things but exploiting a loophole in the law.It's issues such as this that make discussion important IMO. Ok there are forums such as MT where this kind of information is available but I dont see any reason why sensible discussion cant be allowed over here where people may trust the information their getting as they are familiar with the posters.

Just my two cents worthHappy
MrSmallIcon...10-06-2010 @ 10:54 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
PAGAN LIKES DRUGS AND STELLA

This just in.
MattGriffIcon...10-06-2010 @ 11:25 
Member 194, 3976 posts
OdiousSlob said:Whilst I agree that talking about personal use/dosages/sources/other specifics of steroids on the forum should be kept to PM's, I fail to see how the general discussion of one of the biggest parts of strength training (like it or not) contravenes the terms and conditions of this forum.
BigNige started a thread recently that was extremely interesting and raised a few taboo's about PED's in sport. This thread was subsequently closed, presumably because a couple of members were depressed about what may be the hard truth and decided to complain via pm to the admins. The admins on this website need to decide whether or not they will let their content be dictated by certain members, or stick to their own policy and keep the forum open and fair. Otherwise what's the point of a discussion forum? You might as well just make it invite only.

Well said that man, there is somewhat of a culture of 'if your in with the admins you can say/do more than others or influence how others are treated' etc, I have previously challenged an admin for not enforcing the rules upon on of his best mates, I got no response and a few weeks later a 'final warning'.
It is more of a click members club than an actual discussion forum these days, people get sany pants then claim to enjoy the wind up in real life, rules are not enforced on certain people and god forbid you should ever dare ask for clarification on anything, don't hold your breath for a response.
It is I suppose more of a pack mentality culture, people feel safe if they don't say something or do something that could potentially upset thier friend or peer.
CarlIcon...10-06-2010 @ 11:46 
Loves rugby league ...
Member 13, 14460 posts
SQ 230, BP 180.5, DL 262.5
673.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Administrator
this is how nazi germany started out
ThingIcon...10-06-2010 @ 11:49 
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
with my extreme lack of knowledge on this subject i have sent a few PM to people on this forum regarding information on this taboo topic. now i can understand where Mark is coming from and understand where Odious slop is coming from too.
i feel that maybe a section on the forum could be put in place so that people can get the right information without jumping straight in if you know what i mean. and TBH there is no getting away from this subject in todays world. remember this is just all my opinion nothing more nothing less.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitDrugs ?
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions