REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 192 guests
You are here: HomeForumterryhollands → View All Posts

View All Posts: terryhollands

12345678910 ... ... 215216217218219220221222223224225

» Losing the chub (Go to post)03-02-2018 @ 10:48 
Actually track your intake and macros, hiit is your friend for holding muscle and burning fat.

You will always lose some strength unfortunately but it doesn't have to be much
» Predictions for events at ESM and WSM (Go to post)31-01-2018 @ 15:28 
Europes

Max log
160 farmers 40m
Car walk
Deadlift of some sort
Stones
» Britain's Strongest Man 2018/Giants Live GB (Go to post)29-01-2018 @ 22:36 
EDCLARKE said:thanks for the insight Terry , great to see you back on the podium at Bsm.

thanks. lots of work to be done but in a healthier state I now have more time to do it Happy
» Britain's Strongest Man 2018/Giants Live GB (Go to post)29-01-2018 @ 22:10 
93hopkinsonr said:
I see. 4 years before I got involved in strength sports haha. Is that because Oli was a favourite with promotors?

who knows.

I feel the selection is often done on who they think can perform better at wsm level. it is a slightly different game to one day shows and events imo have a slightly different feel to them. I think also you can get guys winning events at say bsm but once the weights are increased they're just not quite strong enough to perform to anywhere near the same capacity.

an example, Im not as strong as I was and I did yoke in 10.24 at weekend, if I was at my strongest I probably wouldn't be any quicker with that weight, if it was say 490 (that was weight it was last time I did it at wsm) Id be much faster when I was stronger.

Oli was a 400+ deadlifter, 195kg log presser so he could definitely more than hold his own power wise at the time

this is all just my guess btw
» Britain's Strongest Man 2018/Giants Live GB (Go to post)29-01-2018 @ 21:58 
AdamT said:Them final events open everything wide up.

No clear winner in that final. I'm glad to see a frame back in.

Looks like strongman of old!

judging from training vids thor looks like favourite but hey, I was posting videos and being ridiculed for doing walking lunges in my bsm build up hahaha Happy
» Britain's Strongest Man 2018/Giants Live GB (Go to post)29-01-2018 @ 21:54 
Post Edited: 29.01.2018 @ 21:55 PM by terryhollands
93hopkinsonr said:I didn’t realise it had politics involved. I thought top was was an automatic invite to Worlds. Has anyone ever finished top 5 and not received an invite?

mark westaby 2008, they took oli thompson who came 6th instead
» Britain's Strongest Man 2018/Giants Live GB (Go to post)29-01-2018 @ 21:40 
Oh and I think both hixxy and eddie are capable of 230 come april
» Britain's Strongest Man 2018/Giants Live GB (Go to post)29-01-2018 @ 21:36 
Post Edited: 29.01.2018 @ 21:40 PM by terryhollands
My thoughts on weekend

Firstly thought it was a great show, arena and crowd were ace.

Eddie deserved his win and hixxy made him work for it more than the points suggest imo. He was nipping at his heals on every event. They both performed great.

I'm disappointed for bish and felt bad that we were equal and I snatched it as bish is such a good guy, unfortunately they have to separate us and would have got it on old style countback too.

From a personal point of view I didn't know what to expect as I'm still learning my new body. My power still needs work which I knew but my athletism, speed and conditioning is definitely there. I sat at hotel on Friday and said after tomorrow I will know what route I need to take for wsm and I feel I'm on the right track after the event. Wsm is in Philippines which will be hot and humid so my better conditioning should help me and now we're getting back to the old days of strongman testing all aspects by the looks of things I feel I'm in a good place to continue on my path.

Wsm final events are

Frame
Truck pull
Car deadlift
Overhead for max
And stones

I feel if my power is up a bit there is 3 events i could potentially win and 2 I could be top 4 only the overhead potentially being a poor event.

I'm excited to get back to wsm and for anyone that thinks I'm finished you hopefully will be eating your words.

Anyway enough of my rambling

Paul Smith did great I thought much as I think it's the worst event in the world his forward hold was great and really got the crowd going. Also I didn't think I'd ever see someone beat eddie on that event

Felix is still a legend

Luke was great considering he didn't get back till the Thursday before

And everyone else busted their arse for the crowd and played their part.

Strongman in Britain is still in a very good place especially with loz coming back too even without Eddie doing wsm.
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)22-05-2017 @ 05:18 
Draken said:The Spreadsheet is probably just fine and correct.

As I said its not
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)21-05-2017 @ 20:59 
dannyboy73 said:I see Terry peeking in.

Congrats on such a strong start Happy

Thanks.

Spreadsheet is wrong guys.
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)10-05-2017 @ 08:54 
im a legit 6ft 5 although billed at 6 6 or 6 7 im taller than z by a couple of inches
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)10-05-2017 @ 08:49 
Draken said:Is Z participating or not? I'm hoping, praying, but I don't think he will.

EDIT: I mean, I know he's in group 5, but he'll probably "fake" an injury and be taken out.

Im not sure id say he would ever fake an injury. I really hope he doesnt pull out though as if he does before comp theyll change my group
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)09-05-2017 @ 16:25 
Post Edited: 09.05.2017 @ 16:25 PM by terryhollands
SteBennett said:
Tbh I regret even acknowledging your comments. They're meaningless.
Anyway back to topic, I think Tom stoltman could make podium by his third appearance. He's unlucky to have such a tough group this year or I'd say he'd stand a chance of making the final

Love tom and think he has a bright future but its not bad luck he has a tough group, he is a 4-6th in group seed so he was always gonna get 3 really good guys.
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)09-05-2017 @ 11:39 
MJG said:I am sure Tom will have a great career if he keeps at it but I don't think Eddie is the right person mark him against. His career trajectory is pretty unusual for a top level strongman. If Eddie does win WSM he will be the slowest to progress to that in terms of WSM appearances that I can think of. Even to take 5 years to make the podium is pretty slow. Strongman is a weird sport. Almost as if you're going to be great it happens immediately. Just look at the past winners from the last 20 years -

Shaw - Won his third WSM but podium on his second
Z - Won his 6th WSM and podium on his third
Pudz - Won his second WSM
Pfister - Won his fith WSM
Virstyuk - Won his second WSM and podium on his first
Karlsen - Won his fith WSM and podium on his thrid
Virtanen - Won his third WSM and podium on his second
Ahola - Won his first WSM
Samuelson - Won his fourth WSM and Podium on the third.

Slightly misleading with pfister as he missed a few years and also did ifsa worlds.

Z obviously same. There was a good few years between his first podium and his first win but could have happened sooner had the split not happened.

Shaw won on his 4th wsm
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)03-05-2017 @ 17:43 
Ham said:Going to add a perhaps controversial opinion here:

If a person needs any equipment to help them lift then it is not "raw" or "natural".

Any includes, wraps, chalk, sleeves, belts. If you can't lift it on your own....you can't lift it. Full stop.

I know most don't agree with this but remember it is just my opinion.

I kind of agree but by wearing sleeves etc youre only lifting weights you could without but limiting the injury risk, that is why i put them in a different category to suits

Chalk just dries sweat off hands so dont agree with that one

12345678910 ... ... 215216217218219220221222223224225

You are here: HomeForumterryhollands → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions