Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitBritains Strongest Man

Britains Strongest Man

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Anyone going? Any predictions? Anyone still visit Sugden?

Hicks
Loz
Tel (seems to have got some of his strength back in the last six months)
Bish

?
I’d say:

Bixby
Loz
Bish

Maybe stoltmen in the mix too?
slimsim
What are the events? I think that might determine whether Bish is on the podium. Or maybe it won't, I've got no idea really!!
Mikeneto
Hicks or Loz...but overall close. Whole lineup is good.
Mikeneto
Post Edited: 15.01.2019 @ 10:55 AM by Mikeneto
Events are(i think)

150 log in 60 secs
Axle deadlift
Frame
Stones
Unsure....probably loading
Mikeneto said:Events are(i think)

150 log in 60 secs
Axle deadlift 320kg
Frame - 400kg with straps
Stones - 100 to 180kg
loading 0 2 kegs 2 sacks 1 typre into a pickup
mark_f1
There's a couple of guys from Sheffield competing Phil Roberts, and some other guy. Unit 94 might know ;-)

Can't wait I'm off to watch, definitely going to be the closest one in years.
im going to see hixx or bish win.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/cardfight/images/9/97/Star-trek-make-it-so-450x270.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160325065605
Hix or Loz to win. After that is anybodies guess. With a good showing on the day there are probably 5 other guys capable of getting on the podium.
Obviously I'd like to see the sugden gents do well, but I'm still staggered that so many people overlook Mr Bixby?

I can see Hixxy winning this, and I hope he does!
The_Lone_Wolf said:
I can see Hixxy winning this, and I hope he does!

GOOD LUCK HIXXY & BISH !!
With these events it will be Hicks, Loz and Bish top 3. I wish they were a bit more imaginative with event choice. How about something like Squat, maxle, hussafelt stone or equivalent, keg toss, tyre flip and frame (without straps)

That would make things much less predictable and would give the likes of the Stoltman brothers or Paul Smith a bit more of a chance to sneak in.

Sadly with 14 competitors coming last on the overhead will pretty much end Felix's chances of the win and straps on the frame end his hopes of a podium. I never see the point of a frame carry/farmers walk with straps.
MJG said:With these events it will be Hicks, Loz and Bish top 3. I wish they were a bit more imaginative with event choice. How about something like Squat, maxle, hussafelt stone or equivalent, keg toss, tyre flip and frame (without straps)

That would make things much less predictable and would give the likes of the Stoltman brothers or Paul Smith a bit more of a chance to sneak in.

Sadly with 14 competitors coming last on the overhead will pretty much end Felix's chances of the win and straps on the frame end his hopes of a podium. I never see the point of a frame carry/farmers walk with straps.

I prefer the events as they are haha
I've just scored some last minute tickets Cool
fatter_tomorrow
This will be ther first BSM I've not been to for 5 years and this looks to be the best, gutted. I think hixxy for the win and it'll be so close for podium spots. I'm going bish second, Loz third and really close between Paul, page and Roberts for 4th.

Actually I forgot about Luke and Tom. It'll be a great show!

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitBritains Strongest Man
Return to top View Desktop Site