REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 3 members and 36 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumBigMacca → View All Posts

View All Posts: BigMacca

12345678910 ... ... 625626627628629630631632633634635

» Suspend Parliament...Now what ? (Go to post)04-09-2019 @ 17:37 
Post Edited: 04.09.2019 @ 17:38 PM by BigMacca
slimsim said:
I disagree. The media played a massive role in pushing certain agendas and whilst the facts may have been out there they weren't shouted about as loudly as other aspects, like how the NHS would receive 235m/week or whatever it was according to Boris's bus.
In addition to that, did ANYONE hear anything about a hard border in Ireland and consider the implications of this?
What is silly is what I put in my first post about being offered steak, being serve up cheap mince yet not being given the opportunity to complain about it.
What would be undemocratic about a second referendum now that people have a much better idea of how things will pan out?

The border in Ireland was completely ignored/missed by both campaigns.

As for no deal, the remain campaign were pretty vocal about the possibility - Leave were waxing lyrical about how desperate the EU would be to trade and give a great deal (German Cars, Wine etc) whilst remain were 'I'll think you'll find we need them a lot more than they need us and there is no incentive to give us a good deal'

I think the undemocratic part of having another referendum now is that we haven't seen what leaving actually means, just a lot of forecasts that may or may not mean anything as there is a lot of political agenda.

Leave, then in 5/10 years time have another referendum when the outcome of leaving is a known/quantifiable thing.

I've never really cared either way (selfishly, I'm all sorted and it's not going to have any significant impact on me whatever happens), but I don't like all the political games being played one but
» Suspend Parliament...Now what ? (Go to post)04-09-2019 @ 13:22 
Post Edited: 04.09.2019 @ 13:24 PM by BigMacca
Fatpete said:
There is an argument that they are demanding that he implement the will of the people.
No-one voted for a no deal. That was never mentioned in 2016, even Farage insisted there be a deal. They are all trying to re-write history and pretend that no deal was an option but it wasn't.
So they want the deal that was promised and don't want the no-deal that was never mentioned. Seems fairly straight forward to me.
Of course this was always going to be the outcome when you vote against something and not for something.
It's akin to having fish and chips for your dinner every day, you take a vote on whether to continue eating fish and chips or to bin them and have "something else"
48% vote fish and chips and 52% vote something else. That is the easy bit done, now the hard bit starts getting the diners on agreeing what "something else" actually is. If you offer roast beef a couple will think that is delicious and the others will say, "I don't want that s**t, I never voted for roast beef"
Now, they didn't vote for roast beef, but they did vote something else and roast beef is something else so maybe they did. All parliament is trying to do is get Boris to take dogs**t sandwiches off the list of possibilities. Especially as there is a significant number of MPs who believe that dogs**t sandwiches is his preferred option.
All in my humble opinion of course.
Good luck to us all.

The voting slip had two options on it

Remain a member of the European Union

Leave the European Union

The government produced leaflet that accompanied said voting slip made very clear that leaving the EU may leave the UK in worse economic position.

That's what was voted on.

What the campaign's were peddling on both sides is almost irrelevant now.
Did the leave campaign say we'd be able to get a great deal? Yup

Did the remain campaign promise immediate hardship if we voted to leave(doomsday budgets, back of the queue for US trade deal, immediate detrimental effect on UK economy)?
Sure did.

Doesn't effect what people actually voted on, to suggest that no-one understood what the voting slip actually meant is, quite frankly, silly.

Whatever the outcome, it needs to be resolved quickly. Parliament needs to be able to function again and businesses need to be able to plan.

The current state of deadlock/limbo is very damaging in itself.
» Happy birthday sugden (Go to post)26-08-2019 @ 22:22 
Boar said:Just like whats left of the people who post on here ...you are old and tired ..... but still kickin'

You still here?

I heard that you ran off a cliff...
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)25-08-2019 @ 12:12 
Fatpete said:
I sincerely hope you mean scold rather than scald, even the teachers didn't do that.

I'll scold whilst I scald you in a minute if there is anymore of this sauciness from you!
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)24-08-2019 @ 15:35 
I said:
Now, now Mr Pete, you know full well that there was no ill will in my comments and certainly no intention for triggering bad childhood memories!
I shall scald you now for ever thinking, even for a second, contrariwise!
You silly Oaf!

In fact Mr Pete,

I may now very well force feed you cheesecake when we next meet!
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)24-08-2019 @ 15:06 
Fatpete said:
Now that one hurt.
That took me back to my schooldays and I did not have a single happy moment at school, my teachers only ever told me - a, I was thick, b, I was worthless and c, I would never amount to anything.
I am still unclear as to why a passion for thin gravy and custard and a strong dislike for cheese should be described as nonsensical, but it is a painful reminder that my teachers were correct. That my thoughts and opinions really are worthless
I know you probably did not mean to Mr. Macca but that really was one sleeping dog that I dearly wish you had let lie.
That hurt, and probably will for some time

Now, now Mr Pete, you know full well that there was no ill will in my comments and certainly no intention for triggering bad childhood memories!

I shall scald you now for ever thinking, even for a second, contrariwise!

You silly Oaf!
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)24-08-2019 @ 11:31 
In all fairness, Mr Pete puts it all right on Front Street - He's an old, fat, fool!

So his nonsensical foodstuff preferences almost have to be forgiven!
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)14-07-2019 @ 10:55 
Fatpete said:
Yes indeed, as is February 29th (Thank you Mr. McCarthy)
But could Haydn be described as a regular trainer at Adlington ? He is there frequently but his days do chop and change, so is he regular in one sense but not in another or is he just irregular ?

Is he regularly irregular?
» Andy Ruiz out of shape or outstanding ? (Go to post)05-06-2019 @ 17:42 
Plenty of rumours abound that AJ was knocked out in camp about 10 days from the fight - I really hope that's not true...
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)03-06-2019 @ 09:16 
Fatpete said:So be kind to that man in the chair

Or Woman (or he/she or she/he)!

For shame Mr Pete!!!
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)12-05-2019 @ 15:39 
Fatpete said:
I never liked pigeons, I like them less now, but seriously, if anyone is afraid of birds, keep them well away from Bolton town centre.

Here's my daughter dealing with a pigeon (of the wood variety) when we were camping in the woods the other weekend Happy

http://i.imgur.com/abJNeHf.jpg
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)23-04-2019 @ 23:57 
Happy Birthday Mr Pete
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)21-03-2019 @ 16:24 
Fatpete said:Pegging only became known as pegging because of a radio programme. There was a late night programme where people would discuss sexual deviancy and it became clear that the act itself was quite common but everyone had a different name for it.
They had a vote - pegging won, and pegging became the accepted term.

'Peg Boy'

A real thing or simply a nautical legend?

Discuss...
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)21-03-2019 @ 13:47 
DeanW92 said:
I think that if you put him next to someone else tall like thor and shaw and you would see his body proportions are quite different to them. Things like femur length to torso length ratios have a big effect on squatting and he looks like he probably has much shorter femurs than most people of his height and also his arms look relatively short too.

Do body proportions differ more in taller (let's say over 6'6") when compared to the rest of the population (excluding those with giantism and dwarfism?
» Squatting without pushing your knees out (Go to post)12-03-2019 @ 22:28 
'Forcing your knees out' is just a cue to get the lifter to engage their glutes and tends to get people to simply weight the outside of their feet (watch for the big toe lifting up off the floor)

I think a better cue for me is to just concentrate on your feet are doing.

The pressure should be distributed equally between the heal, big toe and little toe.
From there, the floor should be gripped (reinforcing your arch) and the feet screwed into the ground.

This will engage the glutes and ensure that the feet are stable. The knees will then track to the outside of the feet automatically

12345678910 ... ... 625626627628629630631632633634635

You are here: HomeForumBigMacca → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto