REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 5 members and 116 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumBigMacca → View All Posts

View All Posts: BigMacca

12345678910 ... ... 631632633634635636637638639640641

» Raw. Like, real RAW raw (Go to post)19-05-2020 @ 22:18 
Post Edited: 19.05.2020 @ 22:18 PM by BigMacca
samue1son said:
Your weakness disgusts me

It disgusts us all!
» Eddie Hall vs Thor Björnsson boxing match (Go to post)18-05-2020 @ 19:44 
Samthepigman said:These stories are always going to come up these days. The more mainstream things become the more contraversy the general public want. I don't follow the whole bulls**t stuff myself, which is why I deleted Facebook etc a few months ago, I still use Instagram to keep in the loop with strongman though, otherwise I wouldn't know what was going on. But alot of people are interested in these bull s**t stories / drama these days. Which is why love island etc is popular Unhappy

The most important thing in the video that is being overlooked is Big Z.

Bryce "Does anyone have any more questions?"

Big Z "What colour is the plane"

Grin
» Eddie Hall vs Thor Björnsson boxing match (Go to post)18-05-2020 @ 16:18 
Post Edited: 18.05.2020 @ 16:20 PM by BigMacca
double post
» Eddie Hall vs Thor Björnsson boxing match (Go to post)18-05-2020 @ 16:17 
Post Edited: 18.05.2020 @ 16:19 PM by BigMacca
IrishMarc said:
Yeah was clearly cut to nake thor look the c**t. However, he doesn't have a leg to stand on clearly should have had 3-5 reps disallowed for jumping the down command and Eddie could have done 16-17 if he needed. The double dip call was BS in my view but irellavent really. If Colin was strict on the down command then the outcome would have been the same.

The Viking Press incident was the least controversial thing at WSM 2017 - All it boils down to is an athlete not agreeing with an officials decision (big wow).
Bryce's judging was all over the place, but Ed was going to win that event all day, every day.

What they don't want to show however, is how it was just another perceived issue on top of a few others:
  • Eddie getting info about the events months before the other athletes (allegedly)
  • Events being changed last minute to better suit Eddie (allegedly) - e.g. Drag taken out for tyre flip, stone platforms lowered, being allowed to rest/put the equipment down on the Viking press
  • Favourable judging for Eddie (e.g. super quick down calls on the deadlift)

The above actually lead to Thor and Shaw (well, minus the viking press for Shaw) threatening to pull out mid competition.

But all of that is commonplace in strongman, especially Giants Live/WSM events - It's just part of the game and they all know about it (how many associations got thrown at Terry Todd over the years for tailoring the events to suit Big Z?)

Thor acted like a little girl about WSM 2017, no two ways about it.
Whatever happened with event selection/changes, Ed still had to turn up and do the business and he did just that!

The current media onslaught by Giants live is to make Ed look like less of a sore loser about the 501kg deadlift - Now that Thor looks like he's done with strongman (and clearly doesn't like Bryce), they have no reason not to go after him as they are Team Eddie all the way.

Strongman is moving more away from being a sport than it ever was with all this bulls**t.
It was bad enough when it was being treated as just a TV show, but it's now turning into reality TV Unhappy
» Luke's big log (Go to post)18-05-2020 @ 12:41 
Post Edited: 18.05.2020 @ 12:41 PM by BigMacca
billynomates said:Cant remember any queries on the validity of Ed's lift at the time it happened.

There was lots, go and have a look on Reddit r/strongman for one source.

There ware loads on FB as well, but that's not as easy to look back on now.

It's all kind of in the past now though, bad lifts get given at the top level in all sports - it's only really been relevant as Eddie was b**ching about Thor's 501kg not being valid when his 500kg was a soft record in the first place

Andy got a couple of deadlifts he shouldn't have, Big Z had a couple of Log WR that were questionable as well
» Luke's big log (Go to post)17-05-2020 @ 23:43 
Post Edited: 17.05.2020 @ 23:52 PM by BigMacca
PaulSavage said:
What would he have to do to lockout then? Lockout then hold it for so long he did actually die? Or would that still not count?

Just lock it out, 1 second would do

https://img.techpowerup.org/200517/fb-img-1586552916336.jpg
» Luke's big log (Go to post)17-05-2020 @ 22:02 
The_Lone_Wolf said:
What lift was that?

The 500kg deadlift we are still waiting for him to lockout
» Luke's big log (Go to post)17-05-2020 @ 11:37 
The_Lone_Wolf said:If it was Z lifting, he’d have been given the down signal before it was stable and locked out.

Just like Ed
» 400kg deadlift (Go to post)14-05-2020 @ 17:37 
KevC86 said:
This is an interesting idea and I'll be curious to see if it pans out when Englands strongest man rolls around and the guys can't use straps.
Personally I don't think it will have a huge impact.

At the massive weights, it makes a difference.

Thor couldn't pull 430kg without straps then later that year he nearly hit 501kg at the Arnolds.

You simply can't yank the bar off the floor when you have to grip it (with the exception of hook grip), you have to feed the power in far more gradually.

Also there is the issue of bloat.
You can't bang all the orals in the world down your neck as your hands bloat up and it has a big impact on your grip strength.

No way does Eddie nearly lock 500kg out of he didn't have straps on
» 400kg deadlift (Go to post)14-05-2020 @ 13:24 
KevC86 said:
No suit is changing the rules again, does that mean we also need a 3rd name for a suited powerlifting deadlift?

We already have that (and have had for queue some) time, unequipped deadlift and equipped deadlift.

Separate lifts and separate records.
» coronavirus (Go to post)09-05-2020 @ 19:11 
WILLSAN said:a critical care protocol for covid-19 treatment:
https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_public/departments/internal_medicin...
contains this:
could be useful to know.

One thing for sure is that the best thing we can do individually is to monitor our o2 levels with a pulse oximeter.

If they drop below 95 then it's straight to the doc!
» coronavirus (Go to post)09-05-2020 @ 14:35 
Post Edited: 09.05.2020 @ 14:36 PM by BigMacca
WILLSAN said:Obese people to work from home under draft plan for lifting lockdown

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11550850/obese-people-work-from-home-...

this could get awkward..

Actual risk factors appear to be (excluding serious underlying health conditions such as being immunocompromised etc);
  • Being old (Basically over 45 but risk increases as your get older)
  • Being overweight
  • Having diabetes
  • Having asthma
  • Having high blood pressure

I should imagine that's a fair old chunk of the UK population.

Going to be a tricky one for sure
» Does Donald Trump Read Sugden Barbell? (Go to post)06-05-2020 @ 00:10 
Post Edited: 06.05.2020 @ 00:11 AM by BigMacca
He just tweet insulted someone with the term 'moonface'

http://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1257532112233803782?...

Grin
» WUS World Records (Go to post)02-05-2020 @ 17:54 
mikecm said:Question - what actually causes the blown up face?

DBOL
» WUS World Records (Go to post)02-05-2020 @ 17:22 
billynomates said:So excited.

Good luck to @thorbjornsson for his 501kg deadlift today, hope he smashes it and look forward to him attempting it at a competition too when all this is over 💪
#BackUpYourBull
Big Love
Team Beast

Basically saying it doesn't count

12345678910 ... ... 631632633634635636637638639640641

You are here: HomeForumBigMacca → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2020 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto