REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 22 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts

View All Posts: slimsim

12345678910 ... ... 384385386387388389390391392393394

» Reducing plastic waste (Go to post)20-09-2019 @ 11:02 
It actually makes me really sad when people say they make no effort with reducing plastic waste. Why not? Surely anyone other than the blind can see how much destruction and how many issues are caused by plastic waste?

I live about 5-miles from a beach and takes my dogs walking there most days. The amount of bottle tops, small broken toys, just general bits of waste is so apparent.

I don't want my kids going up in a world where even the best views are blighted by a crisp packet blowing past them.....
» I am most displeased (Go to post)17-09-2019 @ 21:39 
RebeccaRoberts said:Well Pauls decided that he wont be posting in his log any more so thats that

What will all the junkies do? Eek
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)17-09-2019 @ 16:40 
RebeccaRoberts said:
Nope.
My cns was fried from the 3 competitions i did in 10 days. You do the same and im 1000% sure yours will be too.
Needed to get straight back into training as i have other comps to prepare for, so we did.
Paul had programmed training for that week that i couldnt do because my cns was fried so adapted it. I still got good work in that time and managed to recover my cns (and rehab my glute).
He adapted my training when needed, which a good coach would do.

I'm afraid I disagree. A good coach wouldn't have entered you into (or would have talked you out of) doing so many comps it did fry your cns.
» I am most displeased (Go to post)17-09-2019 @ 16:33 
little_a said:
I think Savvy's log will stand tall and proud as the rest of SBB erodes around it. It's still where all the interest is. Love it or hate it, it seems to be what people want Confused

If his log was a drug then these people would be total junkies. They might want it and know it's not good for them but they simply can't help themselves.
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)17-09-2019 @ 16:28 
RebeccaRoberts said:
For the record, Paul is the complete opposite of a bully. He has selflessly given his all into supporting me in every way possible to fulfil my goals (stress on the word 'MY').
I find all of your comments downright rude and disrespectful. I am consistently improving over the 3.5 years Paul has coached me.
Ive not been on 1600 cals since before uks, im now on probably 3000-3500.
Im putting numbers up amongst the best in the world and doing it NATURALLY which is a testament to Pauls coaching. I am only 24 and been in the sport 3 years so we have plenty of improvements to come.

The problem is Rebecca that you and Paul have a personal relationship so you are not objective in how you see this. Of course you want to defend your partner, anyone in your situation would.

However, the points raised are valid and are difficult to refute ie. the meme relating to Paul's post that your CNS is "fried" yet Paul controls your programming. Now unless your CNS has become fried by sitting on the sofa doing nothing, it must be down to your train and therefore Paul's doing, correct?
» I am most displeased (Go to post)17-09-2019 @ 10:20 
scruffmcbuff said:
Its a shame how slow this forum has become.

But Paul Savage's training log is still producing some gold so some things never change!
Grin
» I am most displeased (Go to post)16-09-2019 @ 18:22 
samue1son said:at this brilliant free forum

Couldn't find my password.
Guessed and the 30th entry was correct.
I am here.

Admin. Why you no care? Why you no reply?

I changed phone recently and all my passwords for regular phone viewed sites were lost. I've tried about 20 and still not got it (I'm on my laptop now).

I couldn't even see a "forgotten password" option Unhappy
» New bench world record (Go to post)10-09-2019 @ 14:58 
93hopkinsonr said:
He’s a long way off though

Probably doing it for the "likes". Although, I don't think many will dispute that at his strongest he wasn't that far away from it. I just think he'd need to get back to somewhere near his heaviest to do it again.
» Suspend Parliament...Now what ? (Go to post)10-09-2019 @ 10:01 
^Bingo and double Bingo

Maybe some marketeers could sell it to the general populous that a second referendum isn't simply trying to reverse the decision of the first, although I'd be amazed if it didn't but is purely being done on an "are you sure?" basis.

I literally feel stupid when I tell people that I voted leave as my vote was based on factors like more money to the NHS, better trade with other countries and more sayso over our laws. The reality is, I didn't know enough to realise that we have plenty of sayso over our laws, the NHS is still likely to be on the table is a trade deal with the US is wanted and the fact that these politicians are slow slow at doing anything that to get a significant number of trade deals is going to take years and years, leaving the country in a state of flux in the meantime.

Would I vote leave again. Would I bo***cks. Yes, both sides may have built their campaigns on lies but at least with the remain campaign we were dealing with known factors/issues.
» Suspend Parliament...Now what ? (Go to post)09-09-2019 @ 16:06 
Ham said:Perhaps, I like to think that adults can step back and remember what happened historically rather than be pissy about not getting what they want. If a country can't cant do that then what does that say about the relationship in the first place.

So on that basis, do you think that every German alive now should be apologetic over Hitler.
Why should they when it wasn't their fault.

Same rule applies here, you can't expect "the Europeans" to be grateful with anything other than lip service when the vast majority weren't even alive when the war ended.
» Completing the Tetralogy (Go to post)09-09-2019 @ 12:11 
Squat
warm up - squat, good morning, btn press x10x2
60x8
100x8
140x6
160x4+4+4+4 = 2:00min rest 8/10 - BOY, am I suffering from DOMS today
Front Squat
100x5+5 1:30min rest 8/10 - far harder barefoot than with my oly shoes on. Was easy on the legs but my body didn't like them

Bench
bar x10+10
60x10
80x6+6+6+6+5(didn't want to risk a 6th) - 1:30min rest 8/10 felt weak on these today (even moreso than normal)

Bent over row underhand grip
60x10+10
80x6+6+6+6 - 2:00min rest 8/10

At least the knee didn't bother me whilst squatting so hopefully I'll be able to get back onto a programme very soon. Hope this training hiatus hasn't screwed my chance of a lifetime PB in the coming months

DONE
» Suspend Parliament...Now what ? (Go to post)09-09-2019 @ 12:05 
Ham said:I often wonder why people say they (the EU) have no reason to give us a good deal and my mind can't help but ask has the rest of Europe forgotten what we suffered through, lost, saved, gave and rebuilt after WW2?

I mean my understanding is that the UK fought for Europe at immense cost and suffered long after WW2, sacrificing it's own health long after to help Europe not be oppressed under a dictatorial leader and rebuild. Isn't that enough to want to help us/support us going into a new future?

I wouldn't tell my Grandad to f**k off out on his ear if he wanted to move house. Irrespective of his views, my views or anyone elses. He earned the right to be supported in his decision to stand apart. A weird metaphor perhaps and just a thought process.

But if you split up acrimoniously with your missus you might tell her to f**k off, even if she treated you like a god before it all went sour.......
» Suspend Parliament...Now what ? (Go to post)09-09-2019 @ 12:04 
matthewvc said:Boris wandering around Morley getting heckled was partridge-esque (farmer episode springs to mind ‘Oi partridge you wa**er!’) I know Queen street well, as my last gf (before I married) had a thai massage shop down there. I wonder if Boris went in for a ‘happy ending’?

Hopefully he got "Cock Piss Johnson" sprayed on his car!

I'll expect he's getting some worse heckling in Ireland today.....
» Suspend Parliament...Now what ? (Go to post)04-09-2019 @ 15:57 
BigMacca said:
The voting slip had two options on it
Remain a member of the European Union
Leave the European Union
The government produced leaflet that accompanied said voting slip made very clear that leaving the EU may leave the UK in worse economic position.
That's what was voted on.
What the campaign's were peddling on both sides is almost irrelevant now.
Did the leave campaign say we'd be able to get a great deal? Yup
Did the remain campaign promise immediate hardship if we voted to leave(doomsday budgets, back of the queue for US trade deal, immediate detrimental effect on UK economy)?
Sure did.
Doesn't effect what people actually voted on, to suggest that no-one understood what the voting slip actually meant is, quite frankly, silly.
Whatever the outcome, it needs to be resolved quickly. Parliament needs to be able to function again and businesses need to be able to plan.
The current state of deadlock/limbo is very damaging in itself.

I disagree. The media played a massive role in pushing certain agendas and whilst the facts may have been out there they weren't shouted about as loudly as other aspects, like how the NHS would receive £235m/week or whatever it was according to Boris's bus.

In addition to that, did ANYONE hear anything about a hard border in Ireland and consider the implications of this?

What is silly is what I put in my first post about being offered steak, being serve up cheap mince yet not being given the opportunity to complain about it.

What would be undemocratic about a second referendum now that people have a much better idea of how things will pan out?
» Suspend Parliament...Now what ? (Go to post)03-09-2019 @ 18:21 
I've said it numerous times now, if I went into a restaurant and ordered a steak but some cheap mince was served up then I'd have the ability to complain and either order something different or walk out without paying. Brexit is much like this situation but without the ability to complain and Boris is suspending parliament so that protests for things like a second referendum can be stifled. Shameful.

The problem is politics is not completely split between not only the parties but remainers and leavers. I think Brexit may screw British politics up forever.

12345678910 ... ... 384385386387388389390391392393394

You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto