REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 412 guests
You are here: HomeForumPaulSavage → View All Posts

View All Posts: PaulSavage

12345678910 ... ... 452453454455456457458459460461462

» Trying to get some Savage power (Go to post)26-09-2011 @ 21:25 
September 26th 2011

In the words of Svend Karlsen..THE WIKING PRESS!!!
- strict 85kg x 3 (easy)
- with legs (no dip) 110kg, 120kg, 130kg x 3 &rt;these weights had no idea what i was about to do to them! DESTROYED the 130<
standing plate press 60kg (three 20's) x 6 plus two drops
plate raises 20kg 2 x ?? &rt;i was throwing this in the air easily using just shoulders. I think the kegs will fly, only problem is i have no idea where to (stand well back)<
side lateral machine 2 x 8-12
rear delt machine 2 x 8-12
incline bench press 60kg x 20
dumbbell flys 17kg x ??
dumbbell concentrate curl 20kg x 12/12
decline crunches x ?? &rt;need to do heavy ab/core work after this show, had injury to oblique<
5 minutes cross trainer followed by 5 minutes stair master = jelly legs

Previous best on that viking press was 100kg x 7 before failing and i used to use it a lot. What the heck am i doing wrong with the damn log i don't know, should be WAY easier.
» Cheshires Strongest Man u105 (Go to post)26-09-2011 @ 18:59 
Interesting predictions.

Mine is very similar to this guys ..

» WSM results (Go to post)25-09-2011 @ 18:22 
JFL said:
We are talking about people at WSM level a 120kg stone press should be easily accomplished and the whole sport is dangerous what happens when you pass out under a log or fall backwards with a barrel loading competition or even mouse trapped when squatting. Its called strongest man for a reason if we start worrying about health and safety we are going to ruin the sport. Yer granted its nice when the events are do-able for everyone but these sort of issues is what seperates the ridiculously strong to the average strongman. But seriously this is a pointless discussion as nothing will change for the reasons i mentioned above.

I fully understand the sport is dangerous, but even pressing a log or a block overhead is far safer than a round atlas stone, hence why they have came down on people heads many times (a 120kg stone is enough to potentially crack someones skull ragardless of how strong they are). It probably is a pointless discussion but this is one thing i feel should change. I don't care about whats hard for me or anybody else as for being tall or short, and some of the points made in this thread are pretty crazy, but i would like to see heavier stones lifted and more strength come into it. It's strongman, not stunt man.
» Muscleinc Christmas carnage weekend (Go to post)25-09-2011 @ 18:05 
Teddy said:
I'd hope without at those weights, but then would that also apply to the apollons LMS in the opens?

Is what i am wanting to know. From the event title i would imagine it's without straps. After finding this out i can decide on inters or open but interested in this comp. My brother is interested in the novice too.
» Muscleinc Christmas carnage weekend (Go to post)25-09-2011 @ 17:26 
Is the axle deadlift with or without straps? would guess without but a bunch of comps seem to be doing it with straps.
» WSM results (Go to post)24-09-2011 @ 22:31 
JFL said:
Lets be honest you start altering stuff and where does it end. Next you'll be saying that anyone over 6'on an 18" deadlift should have the bar adjusted to knee height, people with small hands dont have to use an axel, and on overhead press everyone over 6' doesn't have to lock out cause they got longer leavers, on the squat we dont have to meet parallel and on Conans wheel we want the bar sat higher. So as you can see this can go on and on and on the events are set so it benefits both tall and short athletes. I know its s**t for loading stones on a higher platform but lets be honest they are not exactly heavy and they could easily be pressed. I just think leave it as it is and then its fair for everyone.

Easily pressed if your a strong strict presser, not otherwise. First time i did stones in competition i was almost knocked unconscious by a 100kg stone landing on my head, i was one of the tallest competitors that day / it was the same height platforms at worlds. I lifted the 100kg stone to my shoulder several times and after the contest almost loaded all 4 remaining stones with zero technique. I think the platforms are too tall. Not only is it dangerous, but i find it entirely pointless. To me it makes much more sense to keep the platforms the same height but increase the weight of the stones.

Just my opinion.
» Trying to get some Savage power (Go to post)23-09-2011 @ 01:40 
Post Edited: 23.09.2011 @ 01:41 AM by PaulSavage
September 22nd 2011

Bunch of overhead, mainly strict. My shoulders are really weak. Only went upto 92kg on the log because it again felt completely off, for some reason my grip and wrists were really feeling it after the log, my hand positioning must be off or something.
Yoke upto couple runs with 300kg and then drop'd to 260 for speed. I'm not sure i was quick but was not heavy.
Had a little play with the 64k 2.5" bell, couple crappy high pulls with no chalk (left it in the damn lock up) then some reps in gloves (4/3).
Arm over arm simulation on seated row upto stack + green & red bands for 5 pulls. Easy enough but didn't want to push.
Bunch of pull ups on axle and with towel.
Smith power shrugs in gloves upto 200k in plates (bar was thick and hard to grip)
Hammer curls with 31kg 2.5in bell then concentration curls with 20kg 2.5in bell.
Giant set crunches x 12, 31k 2.5in bell (thumbless grip with curl'd wrist) side bends, extensors for 3 laps.

Some clips of yesterday and today..

» WSM results (Go to post)22-09-2011 @ 23:15 
Martin1956 said:Just wondered, with talk of heavy events and the sport reaching a new level, how Pudz in his prime would have done if he'd been taking part? Opinions?

I think he could have won last year but think this year it would maybe be a bit too heavy, not sure.

Awesome performances from everyone, well done guys.
» WSM results (Go to post)22-09-2011 @ 07:48 
Second that. Best of luck to both you, hope nobody gets any injuries.

Will be great to watch this, equipment looks great.
» Trying to get some Savage power (Go to post)21-09-2011 @ 21:37 
September 21st 2011

reverse band deadlift with greens 300kg x 1 (destroyed it)
rack pulls few inch below knee 225kg x 5 (loads more there)

Didn't want to push this close to the show / going oly gym tomorrow.

Some proper rest as well as loading up on creatine made for an easy 300kg reverse band, had a couple reps in me - could do with putting a lot of work into my quads/hams/glutes/upper back after this comp, but happy with that.
» WSM results (Go to post)21-09-2011 @ 21:29 
Post Edited: 21.09.2011 @ 21:29 PM by PaulSavage
Waited 45 minutes for the rack at the gym, trained, went asda, come back and only now getting truck pull results - heh
» WSM results (Go to post)21-09-2011 @ 18:14 
Can never say never but can't see z getting back into this now, Shaw is too good to drop enough points. Who knows, maybe Jenkins will pull a sick deadlift and win.
» Trying to get some Savage power (Go to post)19-09-2011 @ 21:49 
September 19th 2011

Overhead press
>strict<
- 25kg x ??
(add bands)
- 25kg x 10
- 45kg x 5
>push press<
- 65kg x 3
- 75kg 5 x 3
plate press 40kg 2 x ??
paused close grip bench press against red bands 85kg x 7 (had couple more)
plate raise 25kg 2 x 8
side lateral machine upto 6 plates plus drop
incline cable fly x ?? superset with flat dumbbell extension 40kg x ??

Probably not strong by a 6 year old girls standards, but stronger than recent sessions.
» Trying to get some Savage power (Go to post)17-09-2011 @ 16:23 
September 16th 2011

standing calf raises 3 x ??
plate swings/raises 25kg 3 x 5
plate stiff leg deadlift superset with lying leg curl x 3 sets
low rack pull upto singles with 240kg
concept 2 rower 100m x epic fail (was going well but came off seat)
pull ups x 15/10 superset with lying straight bar rows
arm over arm simulation on seated row upto 295lb stack + blue band with drop sets
smith machine power shrugs upto 260kg in plates with drop sets
decline crunches superset with dumbbell side bends for 3 sets
curl machine 4 sets upto 180lbs
rope pulley machine max resistance 3 sets 60 seconds all out with 60 seconds rest between

Low on energy today, core felt shot.

» Cheshires Strongest Man u105 (Go to post)15-09-2011 @ 19:49 
Ben_F said:
Farmers hold - approx 18" (JT Farmers)
Log diam - IFSA spec (JT log)
Dummbell - Stengthshop Circus type (54.5kg) (2 hands to shoulder, then 1 arm press - or snatch from floor 1 handed Sam Chesney style!)
I'll ask Shane on Sunday if belt cleans on the axles are allowed.
Van - pretty flat, wont be too desperate, unless Shane goes crazy and uses the slope in the car park which is pretty steep (and what I suggested
Grin - would be like the boat arm-over-arm at WSM).
Any other Q's?

I'm in for sloped arm over arm.

Nope, sound. If i can press the log (unlikely so far), might try snatch the bell for coolness, have done 53k baby inch (big loz makes it look sooooo much easier).

12345678910 ... ... 452453454455456457458459460461462

You are here: HomeForumPaulSavage → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions