REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 177 guests
You are here: HomeForumPaulSavage → View All Posts

View All Posts: PaulSavage

12345678910 ... ... 452453454455456457458459460461462

» the body extreme uks north of england strongest man,esm qualifier (Go to post)25-01-2012 @ 17:15 
Just noticed how you must lift 2 of first 3 events to do the rest. I don't want to be a cry baby b**ch but I don't understand this rule. I don't understand it because if you put the last three events first it's not an issue, favours the short stocky static guys. If your going to do that may as well give double points for those events. If your going to put 6 events in a contest, let the guys go at it for 6 events! We all work our arses to the bone, shouldn't be disadvantaged because of our body type etc have came dead last first two events and finished top 4 in past contests.
» the body extreme uks north of england strongest man,esm qualifier (Go to post)25-01-2012 @ 17:14 
Just noticed how you must lift 2 of first 3 events to do the rest. I don't want to be a cry baby b**ch but I don't understand this rule. I don't understand it because if you put the last three events first it's not an issue, favours the short stocky static guys. If your going to do that may as well give double points for those events. If your going to put 6 events in a contest, let the guys go at it for 6 events! We all work our arses to the bone, shouldn't be disadvantaged because of our body type etc have came dead last first two events and finished top 4 in past contests.
» the body extreme uks north of england strongest man,esm qualifier (Go to post)25-01-2012 @ 15:59 
In - somebody's got to come last!

Judging by the keg weight I'm thinking the tyre is f'n heavy?
» the body extreme uks north of england strongest man,esm qualifier (Go to post)25-01-2012 @ 15:25 
Ben and Clegg out, jc in, one space left? Will do it if so.
» Paul Savage 2012 (Go to post)24-01-2012 @ 23:25 
May as well post what i ate today as well seeing as i have the time. Hoping to weigh over 100kg at gym tomorrow.

Meal 1 - Half a chocolate cake, milk (2000 calories)
Meal 2 - 4 rounds wholemeal toasted with butter, eggs with added milk, beans & sausages (1250 calories)
Meal 3 - burgers, sausages, chips, beans + cheese (1250 calories)
Meal 4 - burgers, sausages, chips, beans + cheese (1250 calories
Meal 5 - 4 rounds wholemeal toasted, peanut butter + jam, milk (1500 calories)
Rough estimation of total calories = 6125

Spent much of the day sleeping so only 5 meals. Am stupid sore everywhere from yesterday, first heavy session in a good while.
» Man vs Food (Go to post)24-01-2012 @ 22:19 
Ben_F said:Just watched some of this for the first time with the missus. She was singularly unimpressed with his efforts and thought 4lb Burrito plus side of mac n cheese plus dessert was far too easy. She can easily devour a large cheesy bites pizza from Pizza Hut and not be full/still hungry.

Does anyone know of any eating challenges in the North West I can take her to... only one I can find so far is a big breakfast in Bolton?

http://www.pubsulike.co.uk/pubs/online/reviews.asp?pubcode=WA2... - Plough does a burger eating challenge, maybe 5lb total with the rest of it, something like that. You get a picture of you on the hall of flame and a certificate if you do it. I don't think any women have managed it and definately would be impressed if she did it. Took my (18 and a half stone) brother over an hour and a half to finish, he was in a really bad way. Honestly, i thought he might die at one point.
» How high is 18 inches? (Go to post)24-01-2012 @ 21:49 
I love sand.
» How high is 18 inches? (Go to post)24-01-2012 @ 21:07 
Heh, I ate two 12oz burgers, two 5oz chicken in batter, 4 rounds bacon, oversized bun, plus plate full of chips, chillie, and 6 onion rings. Was supposed to some kind of challenge, I rejected it, as it was no challenge, but i was more than happy to eat another one.
» Paul Savage 2012 (Go to post)23-01-2012 @ 20:20 
Post Edited: 23.01.2012 @ 20:22 PM by PaulSavage
Todays eating..

Meal 1 - oats, peanut butter, skimmed milk, 2 scoops whey + cup of coffee and vitamins
Meal 2 - 4 sausages, 2 eggs with added milk, chips + cup of coffee and 1g glucosamine
(training)
Meal 3 - 5 dohnuts, 2 scoops whey + vitamins
Meal 4 - cheese pizza, milk
Meal 5 - beans & sausages, 3 eggs with added milk, 4 rounds wholemeal toasted with butter
Meal 6 - peanut butter and jam on 4 rounds wholemeal toasted + milk

Course i would not recommend this kind of diet to joe average gym goer but is easiest/cheapest way to get a lot of calories in.
» Paul Savage 2012 (Go to post)23-01-2012 @ 20:16 
Post Edited: 23.01.2012 @ 20:20 PM by PaulSavage
After a decent nights sleep i felt good to go today so will use tomorrow to rest (I have mon-tue off work).

January 23rd 2012

lower body - heavy day

parallel box squat against red bands upto 132kg x 3 (had 5)
6" block deadlift against doubled red bands upto 182kg x 3 (had 5)
romanian deadlift (to the knees and back up) 182kg x 16

pull ups palms facing grip upto +40kg 2 x 2, +45kg x 2 PB
barbell row underhand grip upto 142kg x 7 PB
dumbbell row upto 64kg +blue/red band x 4/4
lever row 160+kg x 4 and two drops
underhand grip barbell shrugs 162kg x 13 drop 54kg dumbbells x ??

russian leg curls x ?? superset with leg extension stack x ??

No success with getting vids off phone for this, hopefully sort that for next time. Never even tried 3 plates a side on rows and never done much weight on pull ups. Am seeing if going heavier on assistance works better.

Have seen another couple comps that i could possibly do but i really need to get my squat up (still having issues with right knee) and especially my log press. Last year i should have been arrested for being so piss poor at log pressing.

Right now my nutrition is basically a lot of calories several times each day. Not planing on any 105kg comps this year and i definately need to put on some weight, i can lose the excess later down the line. Most days i'm getting in anywhere from 6-8 thousand calories.
» Paul Savage 2012 (Go to post)22-01-2012 @ 14:55 
Wasn't going to be fully recovered to press tomorrow and didn't want to put it in with lower so did it today. Probably does not make sense..

January 22nd 2012

Red bands strict press log position for 7 sets of 4 reps
Dips against red bands x 8 drop 4
Close grip push up against red bands x 13
Side lateral drop sets
» Paul Savage 2012 (Go to post)21-01-2012 @ 21:11 
Thanks, as far as i am aware, it's not a pure grip event. Is 160kg anvil, lift it then hold on as long as you can (i imagine you can't rest it on your knees). I am not thinking so much about grip goals at the moment, i'm sure i will at some point. Only one right now is to do 2.5 inch bar one hand hold for 1 minute.

January 21st 2012

2.5 inch bar hang (slick surface, no knurling, no chalk etc) x 3 sets either hand, best was 27 seconds
red band curls x 4,4,4,4

Hoping to be recovered enough to do pressing monday and lower tuesday.
» Paul Savage 2012 (Go to post)20-01-2012 @ 21:48 
End of year goal is to get a 365kg/805lb reverse band deadlift. Will only get a suit if i can pull that. Not competing for a while yet, first comp is Royal Counties strongest man in April, doing the inters. Events are log press for reps, deadlift for reps, timed yoke for 40m, anvil hold, farmers for distance and stones.

Training plan for squats & deads:

Day 1 - light, dynamic effort, sets of 2-3 reps for a number of sets
Day 2 - medium, 80-90% of x rep max for a number of sets
Day 3 - heavy, work up to a max set of 1-5 reps

I will do two light days for every medium or heavy day. Light work straight weight, medium/heavy work using variations. No belt light, soft rehband medium, leather on heavies.

For overhead i plan to go heavy often and use a lot of bands.

Lower body - light day

hanging knee raises x 4,4,4
lying leg raises x 10+2+2
calf machine stack (295lb) x 20, then 3 drops

back squat 62kg for 6 sets of 2 reps (good)
deadlift 102kg for 3 sets of 2 reps (light as hell)
powerclean 102kg for 3 sets of 2 reps (had at least 10)

Bodyweight at gym = 98.3kg

Was beat up for this. Great start.
» Konstantinovs 955kg unequipped total (Go to post)10-01-2012 @ 09:49 
Post Edited: 10.01.2012 @ 09:49 AM by PaulSavage
baldt said:I love konstantinovs but.... I expected more?

dont know why but a raw 335kg squat (with a nipple tweak) and a 240kg bench are less than I expected by about 30kg on both lifts. Deadlift is superb but again he must get a load from the suit.

My man crush is leaving me

His 426 was beltless.
» Gripper and Grip Strength?? (Go to post)26-12-2011 @ 09:11 
They can definately be useful if used the right way. There's always going to be some carry over simply because you are training your hands. Obviously if you can close a #4 it's unlikely your gonna lose grip on much of anything, but it helps more with arm over arm and hoist for crushing the rope. I prefer using thick handle grippers and using them inverted as well as regular grip. For holding strength the best thing would be inverted negatives but the simple 'pick up something heavy and hold on to it' works well.

12345678910 ... ... 452453454455456457458459460461462

You are here: HomeForumPaulSavage → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions