Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsYorkshires Strongest Man 2011 Open and Novice

Yorkshires Strongest Man 2011 Open and Novice

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Competition database entry found for this thread: Yorkshires Strongest Man 2011 (08-05-2011)

MrSmall
Father avenging son!
PAGAN said:
Gra has told me he can manage without your help but he would love to see the winner of the Novice comp in the open , as AGREED very early on when these comps were announcedWink
Just f**king do it GI!!! You wont regret and I hope Gra dont mind me pushing this Eek

If it's Ok with Graham I'll..........

......let you know tomorrow
MrSmall said:Father avenging son!

My son does not require me to avenge him.He will avenge any losses he has incured himself all in good time....Wink

I just think it would be good to see how the winner of the novice comp stacks up against the opens.That goes for all three comps. I'd really like to see Dan take some scalps ( maybe mine) in the open comp Happy
General_ill said:

Get fired in mate, 2 spaces open now so open field!! I'll have plenty of help on the day, but don't give into peer pressure, don't let these old pro's bully you lol
PAGAN said:
My son does not require me to avenge him.He will avenge any losses he has incured himself all in good time....Wink
I just think it would be good to see how the winner of the novice comp stacks up against the opens.That goes for all three comps. I'd really like to see Dan take some scalps ( maybe mine) in the open comp Happy

Agreed ! Ive seen pagan jnr train and he has all the characteristics of a champion athlete, bo***cks to u90 u105 in a few years the lad will be destroying opens and id imagine pulling over 350kg !
is that the running order mate am i up 3rd
General get ur name down mate. Will be another great day. Oh and gra al give a hand for rest of day after 90s is over, well thats if I dont drop the finger on my shoulder again, cant wait no so excited, not going to lie this is the one comp I want to do well in more than the rest, cant wait
bignige1986 said:
Agreed ! Ive seen pagan jnr train and he has all the characteristics of a champion athlete, bo***cks to u90 u105 in a few years the lad will be destroying opens and id imagine pulling over 350kg !

Cheers mate haha, i wish!
General_ill said:

get in there mate!
shane28 said:is that the running order mate am i up 3rd

Hi Shane, ye that's the first event order then I am doing one for each eventthis week.
Bear
Right heres my write up, bit late, but ive been busy dying Wink

Scott matthews - 105s

1st Event - Medley

Was about 5th in the running order so got to see about 8 people go head to head before my go.
Wasnt pretty viewing, a couple couldnt get the farmers of the floor, the ones that did finish the farmers handled the keg with ease, then went to the drag of doom. Was pretty worrying seeing every competitor who made it to the drag DIE afterwards!
So then it was my go, picked the farmers up and off I went, about 6 metres in my left hand tore and dropped. Had Gates screaming at me, picked them straight back up and crossed the line.
Picked up the barrel and got that over the line, then went for the drag.
Had climbing shoes on, but just couldnt get any grip, the first couple of metres seemed ok, then it dug in and it wasnt pleasant work. Got about half the distance and time was shouted.
Went and collapsed, couldnt move for about 10minutes, quads were shaking uncontrollably, left calf felt torn too!
On talking with everyone else, most agreed that was the hardest thing most had ever done.

2nd Event - Dumbbell

Things went rapidly downhill from here on in. In the gym leading up to this comp I was throwing around our 50kg dumbbell with ease, if anything the comp DB should have been easier as it sat higher on the shoulder.
For whatever reason, more than likely not being recovered from the medley, I was screwed! The one time I managed to get it comfy on the shoulder, I got a rep easily, but that was the one time, for the others it just wouldnt happen.
For anybody competing next week, TRY THE DB OUT FIRST!

3rd Event - Deadlift

Again, in training I was hitting double figures comfortably, here though the first rep felt like 300kg! Managed 6 reps. Dissapointed with this, but its all a learning curve I guess.

4th Event - Yoke

Dont even know where to start on this one! In training I have done 245 over 25 metres pretty quick! Here it was 250 over about 15m and DAMNNN it was hard work.
Out of every event, this was the one where I anticipated doing ok, and it was probably the one where I finished last hahaha.

5th Event - 120 stone

Having only even handled stones once due to the new gym in Leic having H&S problems with its flooring, I was dreading this. Even in training I had only done a 110 for one rep, so I was fearing a no lift.
Managed 2 decent reps, couldve possibly got another 2 but my shirt rolled over the stone as I lifted, will remember that for future!

Overall

Great day, Great bunch of lads in the 105s, learnt a lot about what I need to improve on, mainly event training and endurance/stamina.

Thanks to Graham for a great organised comp, thanks to all the refs for some good egging on when it was needed.

Above all, thanks to Lee gates for letting me kip on his couch the sat night, and thanks to him and Millsy for giving me a tour of the gay bars in Leeds sat night too. Not sure what was more disturbing, my poor yoke, or seeing 50yr old men pole dancing to YMCA...

Good luck to all next week!!!
MrSmall
What is the running order of the u90 events? Not the people, the events.
MrSmall said:What is the running order of the u90 events? Not the people, the events.

Not sure yea me an graham gonna have a chat tomorrow about it
Just wanted to say a massive thanks to Graham, Liam, Lee, Boar, Bryce, generally all at Caged Steel and everyone else whose names Ive forotten too, who made last sundays novice comps happen, Was an awesome day Happy Cool

Was great to meet some of the lads again Ive competed against before like Fanny and young James and to finally meet some of the other lads, General, Spam_up. Was great to meet all the lads I competed with

Sorry If I was terrible with names and/or looked vacant, seemed more people remembered my name than I remember theirs - hightly ebmarassing Embarassed

Will do a write up in my journal
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk:80/news/latest-news/york...

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsYorkshires Strongest Man 2011 Open and Novice
Return to top View Desktop Site