Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsIain's Training

Iain's Training

Users viewing topic: & 2 Guests

Your raw squat is quality, so it'll be really interesting to see what kind of numbers you can put up down the line when you get used to squatting in a suit.
12/11/07

Bench press;
100x3
120x3
130x1
140x1 (shirt on)
150x1
160x0
150x2
140x3

Barbell rows- 100x10, 120x5x2

Bench press + doubled mini bands;
70x3
80x3
90x3
110x1

Dumbbell rows- 52,5x15, x12, x8

Nice session today. 1st real one with my shirt and quite happy with it. 160 flew up but then went over my head and racked before I new it. Got the strength but obviously need more practice in my shirt. It's not like I am artfully putting it one and setting it up, although I am pulling it down a little. Happy with the rest of the shirt work. As it stands I think I'll open with 150 and attempt, 160 and hopfully 170 on my 3rd lift. I'll be trying to absorb any advice people throw at me the day of the NW meet!

Rest of the sesson was quality with some solid band work. I'd run out fof steam by 110 and elft it as asingle. The rows did the job and that was that.

I'm really enjoying the bench shirt. Maybe it's just because I like cuts and deep heat combined, plus you look super pumped when you take one off Tongue
good stuff kenders, i found the elbows in technique worked for me, what size is your shirt mate ?
Its a 2nd hand Titan 44. I can get it on on my own, but it's still cuting me up somewhat. I just need practice, practice and hopefully get some tips when I can. I have noticed that I am pulling my elbows in less than my raw bench. I don't feel I have the shirt secrured enough or probably pulled down enough either.

I'll probably order a 42 for my nxt equipped comp, whenever that is.
Nice work kenderique, how tall are you and what is your chest size, I'm thinking of going for a 42 next myself.
I am 5'9" about 90kg and my chest is approx 40-42".

I am naturally quite narrow in the upper body. Big butt though so swings and rounderbouts!
Was just warming up today to doing some strap holds with my grippers when I pulled somthing in my upper back, I'm guessing scapula/rhomboid area. Nicely sore and a stiff neck. Great!

Off in search of some vit I and a massage tomorrow!
bummer, hope it is nothing serious man.
Nice benching and rowing.

Oh, cheers for the singlet advice too!
I am now doing the robot impression but the vit I has kicked in at least!

Doubt it's anything serious but it's a bummer of a time to pick it up as I carn't afford to be anything but full on this fri/sat when I start my equipped sq training. Nothing some painkilers and deep heat won't handle (fingers crossed). Maybe I'll just have to squat and deadlift whilst looking down Tongue
whats VIT ?
I think the best natural source is Turnips, it makes goatees glow in the dark apparently.
Nice start in a shirt, Ian, but if you can get it on yourself it's too big mate! Useful for learning the line and getting a touch/repping with sensible weights in the gym, but too loose to deliver the goods in a comp.
Rob said:
I think the best natural source is Turnips, it makes goatees glow in the dark apparently.

WTF ???, you been sniffing glue ?
Nice to see your turning into a gimp to Iain....chains nextCool good start to your bench with a shirt mateHappy

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsIain's Training
Return to top View Desktop Site