REGISTER
 

a guide to training in the dark wearing a coat.

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

12345678910 ... ... 116117118119120121122123124125126

MrSmallIcon...16-08-2010 @ 22:47 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
Not a bad session at all there Ed.
BushingmanIcon...17-08-2010 @ 13:56 
Member 674, 320 posts
SQ 185, BP 112.5, DL 230
527.5 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Hey buddy glad things are on the up again. Gotta take the rough with the smooth with this lifting lark.
JamesIcon...17-08-2010 @ 15:20 
Avatar
Worlds Strongest Man u90kg
Member 1137, 2099 posts
SQ 285, BP 170, DL 312.5
767.5 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
not bad with your farmers are you mate! don't worry about how other people are getting on you can only train yourself and see how well you've done on the day. i might have an events day next week at some point if you and matt are interested? nothing definite yet but if you fancy it i'll book some time off from the mrs.
nicoIcon...17-08-2010 @ 18:34 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
EDCLARKE said:

the half squats were about 2"above paralell and squatting to that depth does'nt hurt my knee at all ,so i will be doing high squats only from now on!Grin


In that case, stick with the half squats. If you want, we'll change to a half squat max squat off. Film a set and then I can see how high I can go.
nicoIcon...18-08-2010 @ 11:39 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
Right, I've been reading the metal kit thread and I've had a thought. We launch our own fed, squats are going to be high (4 inches or so should do it), minimum height for competitors will be about 6ft2, kit-wise anything goes-triple ply, your wife's pyjamas, anything. Looks like it will be a squat only fed for the moment. I'll let you know when I've set my first world recordHappy
EDCLARKEIcon...18-08-2010 @ 22:07 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
nico said:Right, I've been reading the metal kit thread and I've had a thought. We launch our own fed, squats are going to be high (4 inches or so should do it), minimum height for competitors will be about 6ft2, kit-wise anything goes-triple ply, your wife's pyjamas, anything. Looks like it will be a squat only fed for the moment. I'll let you know when I've set my first world recordHappy


Isnt that the bpc?
High squats i like!
can we do the squat off later on? as I feel I need to devote all the time i have left between now and september to events training.



Tonights training:

log clean and press 53kx5 63kx3 73kx3 83kx1 93kxfailed clean 93kxcleaned failed presspb clean on my homemade log

63k log 3x5 1minute rest between sets

bench press 100k3/3 80kx10

curcuit of 30k dumbell clean and press 5 each hand bor 60kx10 floor press 60kx10
3 sets 1 minute rest between sets.


late back from work so not a lot of time tonight ,flew through that lot in 40 minutes. Does'nt look like much on paper but I'm pretty pleased as I did a 12 hour day ans felt pretty tired before i started . I'm feeling like there's a massive pb session brewing for the weekend!
BushingmanIcon...18-08-2010 @ 22:56 
Member 674, 320 posts
SQ 185, BP 112.5, DL 230
527.5 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Good session Ed i'm looking forward to hearing good things from the weekendHappy
nicoIcon...19-08-2010 @ 12:57 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
EDCLARKE said:


can we do the squat off later on? ....... I'm feeling like there's a massive pb session brewing for the weekend!


Thank christ you asked! My ribs are very grateful for a bit of respite before doing the squat off. Maybe towards the end of the year-we'll see.

Get those events nailed RockyWink
andydanjoshIcon...21-08-2010 @ 20:45 
Avatar
^^ thats me that is !! ^^ (the hair is a wig)
Member 776, 8709 posts
SQ 140, BP 127.5, DL 180
447.5 kgs @ 74kgs UnEq
nice work ED.


Happy
EDCLARKEIcon...22-08-2010 @ 11:42 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
training today:

deadlift worked up to 210k tweaked my back at the top which effectively ended the session. I tweaked it slightly loading at the all England yesterday ,i thought it would be ok for today but sadly not!

tried some log with 75k but my back wasn't having it, same with yoke.


finished with some grip work, 3 sets hanging off a scaff bar ,managed a minute on the first set which was a pb so i guess i can take something from the session.

I'm away with the mrs from tuesday next week so the only training between now and the olly dragons will be an events session at Jt's place next saturday.

Comp prep has been s**te so I'll just be winging it on the day!
BoarIcon...22-08-2010 @ 11:45 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
your the king of the wingers !!
EDCLARKEIcon...22-08-2010 @ 12:00 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
I shall turn up on the day looking majestic with my godlike body and knock out pb after pb throughout the day!Happy
FinchIcon...23-08-2010 @ 22:27 
Avatar
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
Thanks for coming down and helping out on Saturday Ed, your a star.
EDCLARKEIcon...23-08-2010 @ 22:43 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Finch said:Thanks for coming down and helping out on Saturday Ed, your a star.


no problem mate, I really enjoyed it!
pikey_danIcon...28-08-2010 @ 18:48 
Avatar
Dropped a bollock somewhere
Member 808, 1241 posts
SQ 225, BP 120, DL 250
595.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
Nice to see you and train together again.
Excellent work on the conans and log well done mate.

12345678910 ... ... 116117118119120121122123124125126

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions