Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTrav's training diary. good job i fu*king love pain!

Trav's training diary. good job i fu*king love pain!

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Very kind of you to say Hixxy but I'm no beast at anything!

Impressive comp performance and mind-boggling front squats Trav!
you looked very strong at yesterdays comp,and that front squat is immense!
lil_lee
beastly squattin trav.... muchos jealous!
this BEASTLY squatting can only mean one thing...

you took it easy yesterday Grin
cheers for all the kind words guys now please tell me how i can use the strength iv gaind in my events, cos im getting stronger at all my assistance exercises but still s**te, i placed 14th yesterday i am not a happy bunny thats what made me squat like that today lol
That front squat today was a f**king peach mate well done
f**king Awesome Fronties Mate! 200kg - 5 Is insane! Eek
JC said:
Mate IME front squats give feck all too stones. Its more about hip strength, so you should definitely not have a problem

I'd semi disagree mate.

I think it depends on your technique though. If you sit right in and then front squat the stone up it's definitely going to help a good bit, where as if it's the semi lapped hip pop technique it's not going to add all that much.
Trav said:cheers for all the kind words guys now please tell me how i can use the strength iv gaind in my events, cos im getting stronger at all my assistance exercises but still s**te, i placed 14th yesterday i am not a happy bunny thats what made me squat like that today lol

Practice, practice, practice.
Mate, I'm certainly no-one to give advice when it comes to good stones technique, but without a video, its difficult to see were you are going wrong

Like you, I'm a 200+ front squatter but stones are s**te, due to poor technique and lack of 'pop' from the hips
23/3/10

yoke

110kg x 40meters
220kg x 40meters
300kg x 20meters
300kg x 20meters
360kg x 13meters P.B.

Duck walk

130kg x 10meters
200kg x 20meters
230kg x 10meters

great session just the right amount of pain loved it
MrSmall
Nice weights shifted Trav.
Any weight gain?
Strong yoking and ducking Adam
MrSmall said:Nice weights shifted Trav.
Any weight gain?

iv lost some weight mate gutted! cos of the comp on sunday lost a couple of kg but i was straight back in the gym on monday and just had a cow between two bread vans for my tea lol
25/3/10

LOGLIFT
62kg x 5
82kg x 3
95kg x 2
105kg x 8 P.B

push press
70kg x 5
100kg x 3
110kg x 1
120kg x 1
130kg x 1
150kg faild

had to go and train on my own last hour the gym was open cos of work but well worth it im buzzin with 8 reps on the 105 log. i got sam to count my reps to vouch for me lol

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTrav's training diary. good job i fu*king love pain!
Return to top View Desktop Site