Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsPaul Savage training log

Paul Savage training log

Users viewing topic: & 2 Guests

Unlike many, I have no issue with you or your training Paul. Purely an observational note, but you do seem very reactive/defensive. I reckon this helps to make your journal so popular. When people criticise my training (and they do) I find it funny, and there is nothing training related that anyone could possibly say to me that would make me hint at a violent resolution! Do you ever look back at some of your posts and cringe at the way you reacted?
PaulSavage
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Unlike many, I have no issue with you or your training Paul. Purely an observational note, but you do seem very reactive/defensive. I reckon this helps to make your journal so popular. When people criticise my training (and they do) I find it funny, and there is nothing training related that anyone could possibly say to me that would make me hint at a violent resolution! Do you ever look back at some of your posts and cringe at the way you reacted?

Nope
PaulSavage
Rodger said:Paul, i've done 220x10 deadlift in competition at u90, and came 3rd. Im s**te. Do you really think 230-240x12 is world class?!

Well all i have to go off is at worlds they did 230kg deadlift for reps in 60 seconds and it was won with 14 or 15. I think people are putting too much focus on deadlift, you dont win titles by being good at 1-2 events, you do it by being good at everything and every event has the same points / is equally important.
PaulSavage
kingham22 said:
I can confirm he has done a comp I competed against him many years ago when he had long flowing hair. distinctly remember you doing the deadlift for max event with doh grip which to me at the time was incredibly impressive. think you got 250 from 15inch
this log is awesome I save for my night shifts so I have lots of reading to do.

lol

Yeah an that was last place i think as failed the 270

Think that was the year you got 3rd in novice finals? Could see the potential
PaulSavage said:
lol
Yeah an that was last place i think as failed the 270
Think that was the year you got 3rd in novice finals? Could see the potential

must have been joint last with quite a few people. yeah I got 3rd was a shock
PaulSavage
Was with one other i think then a bunch got 270 an think you got 290 for some good points. Amazing if i got that right as can hardly remember yesterday haha

We got out bid on the house, even went to the asking price an still got out bid. Very disapointing as is valued over double what it's going to sell for and the estimated rental value was £470pcm with little needed to do before renting. Was an absolute steal an the worse thing is it will probably go for only £1000 over our bid but had no more, would have missed bills etc The second part of the plan is still going ahead though which is moving in with a relative at least for the time being to save. Theres a garage for me to train in which am hoping is high enough for me to press overhead and get a power rack but dont know yet. We are looking for another house to buy.
LeedsMiniPower
Are you a cash buyer?
PaulSavage
LeedsMiniPower said:Are you a cash buyer?

Have to be, they wont take mortgages on anything we can manage.

We got out bid on the house, even went to the asking price an still got out bid. Very disapointing as is valued over double what it's going to sell for and the estimated rental value was £470pcm with little needed to do before renting. Was an absolute steal an the worse thing is it will probably go for only £1000 over our bid but had no more, would have missed bills etc The second part of the plan is still going ahead though which is moving in with a relative at least for the time being to save. Theres a garage for me to train in which am hoping is high enough for me to press overhead and get a power rack but dont know yet. We are looking for another house to buy.

What's the title of this log? Paul Savage Training Log?

We don't want news on properties we just want videos of squat, bench & deadlift Unhappy Please?
AndyCoupe said:
We don't want news on properties we just want videos of squat, bench & deadlift Unhappy Please?

Without the tangential trivialities it wouldn't be the most popular thing on Sugden though, would it? He should rename the log though. "The Paul Savage Show" would be better, perhaps
PaulSavage
AndyCoupe said:

Maybe look at the journals for someone who does powerlifting and check theres out
Nimble said:
He should rename the log though. "The Paul Savage Show" would be better, perhaps

Great idea. It's a bit like the Trueman show but more interesting.
PaulSavage said:
Maybe look at the journals for someone who does powerlifting and check theres out

I can't.
PaulSavage said:
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Unlike many, I have no issue with you or your training Paul. Purely an observational note, but you do seem very reactive/defensive. I reckon this helps to make your journal so popular. When people criticise my training (and they do) I find it funny, and there is nothing training related that anyone could possibly say to me that would make me hint at a violent resolution! Do you ever look back at some of your posts and cringe at the way you reacted?

Nope

See, you can give one word answers!! They are quite effective for answering questions sometimes aren't they, gives the questioner exactly what they were looking for Wink
Got my brew and Brazil nuts at the side of me. Nom nom nom.....

Game on.Grin

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsPaul Savage training log
Return to top View Desktop Site