REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 474 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.

Impressive social media lifts

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... ... 5859606162636465666768

dannyboy73Icon...19-02-2018 @ 19:01 
Avatar not found
Pre-Op
Member 4600, 6803 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
This

KevC86 said:
If he deliberately breaks a promise to his wife and children though it would make it very hard to respect the man.
drex50Icon...19-02-2018 @ 19:26 
Avatar
I want passion
Member 5901, 900 posts
The_Lone_Wolf said:
Who thinks he will lift a 230kg log come the big day then?


BAsed on this lift and 40 days out, i say no chance, but we see.
Radz 205 was flying compared to this.
PaulSavageIcon...19-02-2018 @ 19:40 
Avatar
my goals are none realistic
Member 2775, 6818 posts
It seems a fair few have not seen many interviews of eddies after winning worlds. He is contracted to keep competing till 2019. Why wouldn't he at least consider wsm? He's already having to do Britain's and Europe's, comps he can't afford to lose so of course has to keep his weight up and if he has to do it then to not even considering wsm when he's already had to perform to basically the same level for Europe's shortly before would be pretty dumb imo. Either way the man's a f**king legend.
KevC86Icon...19-02-2018 @ 20:07 
Avatar
Naps, family time and good food.
Member 5141, 2975 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:It seems a fair few have not seen many interviews of eddies after winning worlds. He is contracted to keep competing till 2019. Why wouldn't he at least consider wsm?.


Because he promised his family he would not.

Screw the contract, he made a promise, he should honour that. He can honour his contract without being 180kg and devoting all his time to strongman. He can even still do Worlds, take the family and make a holiday of it.

Its not a huge surprise you dont agree though, you tend to have a fairly unique perspective.
AdamTIcon...19-02-2018 @ 20:19 
AKA Big Rory
Member 4056, 4844 posts
Tom has squatted 380. But his 350 looked ridiculously easy
93hopkinsonrIcon...19-02-2018 @ 20:40 
Avatar
Mr.Potato deadlift
Member 2675, 3653 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 300
780.0 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
AdamT said:Tom has squatted 380. But his 350 looked ridiculously easy


Unbelievable squat. His depth was great too.

Not only is he going to be the first Brit to total over 1000kg but he may set the bar so high thatís itís not broken for a long, long time.

Thereís a few great British powerlifters at the moment, Sam Parker, Big Loz, to name just a couple, and they will both go over 1000kg, but I canít see anyone catching, The Man, The Myth, The Martin
AdamTIcon...19-02-2018 @ 20:49 
AKA Big Rory
Member 4056, 4844 posts
93hopkinsonr said:
Unbelievable squat. His depth was great too.
Not only is he going to be the first Brit to total over 1000kg but he may set the bar so high thatís itís not broken for a long, long time.
Thereís a few great British powerlifters at the moment, Sam Parker, Big Loz, to name just a couple, and they will both go over 1000kg, but I canít see anyone catching, The Man, The Myth, The Martin


Loz and Sam will both break 1000 too.

Fair play to Sam. He was only a presser a few years back and he's now the full package.

His squat depth has improved too!
93hopkinsonrIcon...19-02-2018 @ 20:51 
Avatar
Mr.Potato deadlift
Member 2675, 3653 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 300
780.0 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
AdamT said:
Loz and Sam will both break 1000 too.
Fair play to Sam. He was only a presser a few years back and he's now the full package.
His squat depth has improved too!


I agree, thatís what I said in the initial post lol.

Sams a great lifter too. Improving all the time. He will go over 1000kg for sure in time.

British powerlifting is in a great way at the moment
MikenetoIcon...19-02-2018 @ 20:59 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1761 posts
Post Edited: 19.02.2018 @ 21:01 PM by Mikeneto
PaulSavage said:It seems a fair few have not seen many interviews of eddies after winning worlds. He is contracted to keep competing till 2019. Why wouldn't he at least consider wsm? He's already having to do Britain's and Europe's, comps he can't afford to lose so of course has to keep his weight up and if he has to do it then to not even considering wsm when he's already had to perform to basically the same level for Europe's shortly before would be pretty dumb imo. Either way the man's a f**king legend.


Terry Holland's said Ed isn't doing WSM in the BSM thread.

I think he will just do log at ESM.
billynomatesIcon...19-02-2018 @ 23:40 
Member 4923, 1074 posts
The_Lone_Wolf said:
Who thinks he will lift a 230kg log come the big day then?

I want him to so bad. But I think its doubtful.
PaulSavageIcon...20-02-2018 @ 07:00 
Avatar
my goals are none realistic
Member 2775, 6818 posts
KevC86 said:
Because he promised his family he would not.
Screw the contract, he made a promise, he should honour that. He can honour his contract without being 180kg and devoting all his time to strongman. He can even still do Worlds, take the family and make a holiday of it.
Its not a huge surprise you dont agree though, you tend to have a fairly unique perspective.

He shouldn't have been pressured to make that promise in the first place imo. All top open strongmen push the boat health wise, its an extreme sport, that's part of it. At the end of the day he's his own man and after a s**t ton of hard work to become a pro strongman, stopping should be purely his decision for me.

You are basically saying he should not be Eddie hall. No way would Ed half ass things, get his ass handed to him at Europe's, then do worlds as a 'family holiday'. He would risk not even making the finals with that attitude and would make his win look like a total fluke.
yiannisIcon...20-02-2018 @ 08:35 
'Laurel'
Member 4532, 484 posts
SQ 250, BP 170, DL 260
680.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 20.02.2018 @ 08:36 AM by yiannis
Has nobody thought that he may of been told to say he is retiring by promoters and take a year out of worlds and then that would make a comeback which 'nobody'would expect and thor wins 2018 and its a massive sceptical that the 2 new champions with beef will go head to head in 2019??
JonnyRIcon...20-02-2018 @ 08:53 
Member 1135, 82 posts
SQ 137, BP 100, DL 160
397.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq
Mikeneto said:
Terry Holland's said Ed isn't doing WSM in the BSM thread.
I think he will just do log at ESM.


I think so too. Doesn't post any other training vids thus far other than pressing so it's the only thing he's really pushing. He's not as driven and won't want to lose to thor at europes again after beating him at worlds and coming close at the last europes. He's keeping his weight for his overhead strength, especially considering he leans back in his lifts to use more chest (needs the belly etc)... although he's using leg drive now.

He said he's not competing again because he doesn't want to, he's pushed it as far as it will go, nothing to do with promoting. Note the emotion.
yiannisIcon...20-02-2018 @ 09:43 
'Laurel'
Member 4532, 484 posts
SQ 250, BP 170, DL 260
680.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
JonnyR said:

He said he's not competing again because he doesn't want to, he's pushed it as far as it will go, nothing to do with promoting. Note the emotion.


He will 100% compete at wsm again
AdamTIcon...20-02-2018 @ 10:21 
AKA Big Rory
Member 4056, 4844 posts
yiannis said:
He will 100% compete at wsm again


He said he doesn't want to come second or third. So he won't do it again!

12345678910 ... ... 5859606162636465666768

© Sugden Barbell 2020 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto