Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsEd 's training journal

Ed 's training journal

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

They looked good enough to me Ed.
They look in to me man.
thanks fella's i'm feeling better already ,maybe the cat gets a reprieve!

Rob cheers for the tips I'll give them a go!
i think they look in, just, but in all the same, an extra inch would leave no doubt, mnaybe try going down a bit faster maybe?

however, taking tips from me on squatting are about as good as my diet advice tips
What they said mate, they looked alright, definitely better than last time, well done!
Thanks carl and Neil ,thought this single is more like the depth I should be aiming for

mondays 95k pushpress pb
dr_hazbun
Nice outdoor squatting. Those were in but I agree that you should be taking your training reps a bit deeper mainly for the extra training stimulus that the fuller range of motion gives.

2 factors generally contribute to depth issues in the squat:

1) hip flexibility: improve this with hip stretching and mobility exercises. Try squatting with a narrower stance.
2) ankle flexibility: try a weightlifting shoe with an elevated heel

I can't really see where your problem is from the vids but I suspect it's probably more in the hips. I also think your bar speed on the way down is a tad too slow; I'm not saying hammer them down but a bit of extra bar velocity on the way down will help.
that rep looked spot on ed, ideal opener
That single was surely low enough.
nice work grandpops ! i always love a good outdoor setup , your squat is depth-a-plenty , a little slow for my liking,but everyone squats different !

you got a comp soon ?
You bet he has... we're going head to head on the 8th June in Colne! You going to be spectating Boar?
chances of boar attending and shouting:

100%
Wey hey! Glad to hear it mate!
I'm in too, looking forward to seeing you again Neil and meeting Mr Clarke for the first time!
I'll be there in a non lifting capacity. Look forward to meeting you. And I'd have passed that squat.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsEd 's training journal
Return to top View Desktop Site