British Lifters announced for London 2012

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

CuddlesIcon...11-06-2012 @ 14:43 
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
That's horrible news. Really gutted for Shaun.
slimsimIcon...11-06-2012 @ 15:01 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 6050 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 11.06.2012 @ 15:02 PM by slimsim
kev said:
Shaun was told via a fone call from wcwl performance director Fiona Lothian that he had made team selection just two days after the British champs. All the lifters were told to keep quiet until the press release..
Shaun was then deselected and given 5hrs to appeal NOT the 72hrs which is his appeal form said.. He has been treated like absolute s**t thru this. To tell a 19 yr old boy your going to the Olympics and then tell him no your not is just f**king evil!!
Agree with mark that I hope Shaun doesn't comment and focuses on his lifting career.. He's been very mature about it all, I can't say I'd be the same.

Disgraceful! Angry

I don't think Shaun needs to comment TBH. I think everyone on here knows that if he carries on lifting like he has recently he will have a long and illustrious lifting career in front of him. There's at least 2 more Olympics he will get a shot at, plus Commonwealths, Europeans, Worlds etc. and he WILL represent us at in some of those.

However, when are these governing bodies going to realise that they are dealing with people's dreams and treat athletes more respectfully? It's a f**king disgrace that they not only turn back on their decision but then don't even follow their own procedures on a timeframe for appealing. (not that it would make any difference I'm sure).

The fact that Shaun has kept schtum on here about this whole shambles is a great sign of maturity. I doubt I could have kept so reserved.
CuddlesIcon...11-06-2012 @ 15:10 
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
slimsim said:
However, when are these governing bodies going to realise that they are dealing with people's dreams and treat athletes more respectfully? It's a f**king disgrace that they not only turn back on their decision but then don't even follow their own procedures on a timeframe for appealing. (not that it would make any difference I'm sure).

The fact that they didn't follow their own procedures would probably give Shaun weight to take it further.

Being someone who 'rocks the boat' may not be in his best interest long term though.

Thw whole thing sounds f**king disgraceful.
brownbearIcon...11-06-2012 @ 15:13 
Morrisons - rump - 7£
Member 2206, 11578 posts
SQ 228, BP 150, DL 260
638.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
Cuddles said:
The fact that they didn't follow their own procedures would probably give Shaun weight to take it further.
Being someone who 'rocks the boat' may not be in his best interest long term though.

Thing is, does on want to be the guy that annoyed the governing body, cause by looks of it BOA and these lot look like right c**ts.

However, for future comps Shaun will be lifting such insane weights they'll have no choice but to select him!
MarkCleggIcon...11-06-2012 @ 15:32 
knock knock !! who's there ?? OLD SCHOOL SUGDEN
Member 212, 11439 posts
SQ 325, BP 212.5, DL 370
907.5 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 11.06.2012 @ 15:34 PM by MarkClegg
Cuddles said:

I was going to give you alot more in depth version of events but Kev got excited ..

There is more to it . We got Legal advice off one of the very best firms in the world of sporting legal matters for Shauns appeal ..

I was in the pub with Shaun the night before the appeal was to be had ..

Our Legal Rep -

"I have never come across a case like this"

"I don`t even feel its worth you trying to Appeal, We don`t know what we are appealing against because they wont tell me anything ! They will not disclose ANY information to me nor will they cooperate with me"

"I have never come across a set of people break so many rules"

"In my opinion you should take this alot further

For what reason though ?
LessThanLukeIcon...11-06-2012 @ 15:33 
his poor male ego must be crushed
Member 883, 6251 posts
SQ 290, BP 180, DL 420
890.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
MarkClegg said:
I was going to give you alot more in depth version of events but Kev got excited ..
There is more to it . We got Legal advice off one of the very best firms in the world of sporting legal matters for Shauns appeal ..
Our Legal Rep -
"I don`t even feel its worth you trying to Appeal because we don`t know what we are appealing against because they wont tell me anything ! They will not disclose ANY information to me nor will they cooperate with me"

That's f**king crazy. How do they get away with this?
SteveIcon...11-06-2012 @ 15:57 
nothing to hide, please follow my life on webcam
Member 255, 3732 posts
Terrible - BWL seem to have completely ignored their own selection policy and to tell someone they are picked and then deselect them is completely unacceptable. I feel deeply sorry for Shaun.
SlugworthIcon...11-06-2012 @ 16:09 
P.S must learn to deadlift
Member 3457, 700 posts
SQ 230, BP 180, DL 235
645.0 kgs @ 148.5kgs UnEq
Absolutely disgraceful behavior, really feel for Shaun!
MrSmallIcon...11-06-2012 @ 16:14 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
MarkClegg said:

For what reason though ?

why pursue it you mean, or why aren't they cooperating?
brownbearIcon...11-06-2012 @ 16:45 
Morrisons - rump - 7£
Member 2206, 11578 posts
SQ 228, BP 150, DL 260
638.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
MarkClegg said:
Our Legal Rep -
"I don`t even feel its worth you trying to Appeal, We don`t know what we are appealing against because they wont tell me anything ! They will not disclose ANY information to me nor will they cooperate with me"
"In my opinion you should take this alot further

For what reason though ?

So a new committe that care about weightlifters can be formed.
Mark for president, kev for chairman! Mike for spokesman!
ChrisGloverIcon...11-06-2012 @ 17:12 
does 'bench only' comps ...LOL
Member 1469, 377 posts
Set of Assholes! Shauns made of tough stuff he will continue to produce great lifting...with two fingers up at those eho have screwed him over!

Nearly as bad as the decisions to draft people in from other sports to look after BWL.
DavidWIcon...11-06-2012 @ 17:32 
140/160
Member 2018, 115 posts
ChrisGlover said:Nearly as bad as the decisions to draft people in from other sports to look after BWL.

Yep - that Fiona bird boils my fcking piss. What does she actually DO?! Anyone?
brocerslrdIcon...11-06-2012 @ 18:37 
Conan likes to listen to music
Member 1155, 3461 posts
SQ 150, BP 110, DL 210
470.0 kgs @ 88.8kgs UnEq
What a set of ar****les. I know what my reaction would be but then that's why i do the job i do i suppose.
Just hope shaun keeps his head and doesn't let this put him off and i'm sure with the people around him he will go on to be lifting at a level they have no choice but to select him.
kevIcon...11-06-2012 @ 19:37 
u75kg World Powerlifting Champion.
Member 601, 3067 posts
SQ 222.5, BP 177.5, DL 272.5
672.5 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
MarkClegg said:
For what reason though ?

To get the Scottish ginger narrowback marathon running stinking slag removed from having anything to do with Olympic lifting..

On a more positive note if that's even possible, I've just had a txt off Shaun showing me the session he's done tonight. All I can say is he's training f**king HARD and is obviously set on using this as motivation for his future.. He's shown more maturity than I've ever given him credit of possessing.
jtIcon...11-06-2012 @ 19:41 
old age traveller
Member 332, 7867 posts
bunch of t**ts

gutted for shaun i cant imagine how he feels

why are so many sports run by complete wankstains?

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions