REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 6 members and 126 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumLessThanLuke → View All Posts

View All Posts: LessThanLuke

12345678910 ... ... 400401402403404405406407408409410

» coronavirus (Go to post)12-10-2020 @ 09:57 
Rick said:The other way in which it wouldn't be like the first is duration. The first was without scheduled end and lasted three plus months. Nobody's talking about a full lockdown lasting more than three weeks now, and most are talking about two.

Of course there has to be furlough. And there HAS to be support for people isolating. I can totally understand why people won't risk their job and take an unpaid fortnight essentially for the benefit of others, and nobody should be asking it.

Where are you reading this? All reports I've seen have been for this lasting months.
» coronavirus (Go to post)10-10-2020 @ 18:57 
WILLSAN said:on a serious note, I have a number of people close to me who suffer with serious mental health issues and the lockdown measures are having a marked effect on their condition. when I extrapolate this out to the entire population of the country I shudder to think of the overall effect of this on those suffering with these problems. this alone has convinced me we are on the wrong path never mind the consequences for those with heart conditions, cancer, child abuse etc.

I believe we will look back on our reactions to this virus as a monumental error of judgement.

I concur.
» coronavirus (Go to post)08-10-2020 @ 10:18 
Ham said:
Interesting to me is that I am pretty sure the majority of folks lapping this up are Brexit haters who in January were saying what a lying sack of s**t our Gov. was and here they are believing everything the same Gov. says about this Covid situation.

I am a Brexit hater and also hate all this nonsense.

Madness.
» UK's Strongest Man (Go to post)06-10-2020 @ 14:33 
Post Edited: 06.10.2020 @ 14:34 PM by LessThanLuke
slimsim said:
Well based on that version of events it does sound absolutely dodgy as f**k! "restructuring" points just sounds like it wasn't going the way the organizers wanted. Fair game to him for not taking it lying down and walking out. I'm sure many would have grumbled and then taken part in the eliminator.

Nothing was restructured. Had it confirmed from multiple athletes who were there that they just had the wrong times down for one of the events.

Restructuring in this post means actually correcting the scores!
» UK's Strongest Man (Go to post)06-10-2020 @ 09:34 
The_Lone_Wolf said:Does anyone know more about why Paul Benton pulled out?

All sounds very dodgy and he was getting shafted.

Not what I heard. Multiple who were in his group said he was just acting like a child.
» WUS World Records (Go to post)04-10-2020 @ 22:00 
Samthepigman said:It turns out these live events may not be as live as WUS make out! Dun dun dunnnn

No comment ahaha
» US Presidency (Go to post)28-09-2020 @ 23:24 
Rick said:
These bits I agree with. China backing democrats and Biden's mental state I don't know about. The rest is basically the opposite of what I think, which will probably surprise nobody.

Ditto.
» Big heavy balls (Go to post)27-09-2020 @ 23:11 
Post Edited: 27.09.2020 @ 23:20 PM by LessThanLuke
PeteHodgson said:
Wonder if Big Z made the mistake by calling good lift then?

Nah they probably just changed the rules.
» Big heavy balls (Go to post)27-09-2020 @ 21:41 
PeteHodgson said:
Rhianon not allowed to touch top of platform with atlas stone?
Was Tom for his 280 kg lift?

If was allowed to touch while going over but no resting the stone against the platform and pushing it over.
» Big heavy balls (Go to post)27-09-2020 @ 20:54 
Post Edited: 27.09.2020 @ 20:55 PM by LessThanLuke
Samthepigman said:I seen it on Instagram.

In my eyes, as long as it goes over I would give the lift.

But, I'm 99% sure WUS rules state that you can't rest the stone on the platform and push it over, so if you want consistency from WUS, technically Donna's attempt shouldn't of counted?

They changed the rules from Rhianons attempts it seems which I'm a bit annoyed at but nothing new from strongman organisers.
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)15-09-2020 @ 21:53 
jt said:
I see, or not.
From the little clip I have seen in this thread I would not find him guilty.

I mean it's like blatant and he's gonna get disqualified so.
» Europe's strongest man (Go to post)12-09-2020 @ 21:52 
samue1son said:Would much prefer to see stones for reps in time?

Similar to how staggered log reps affect points if you choose lighter or heavier.

Same. 200kg for reps over 52" sounds fun.
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)09-09-2020 @ 21:46 
Nimble said:
Very impressive. Comparable conventional dl strength at your bw is a very very short list worldwide.

Thanks man. Getting closer to 455kg!
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)09-09-2020 @ 21:46 
WILLSAN said:
how do you mean? you dont see him bring his feet in in the vid?

You do in the full video on the official strongman site. He's trimmed it purposely for IG.
Its blatantly in a suit if you know what you're looking for.
» Europe's strongest man (Go to post)09-09-2020 @ 10:11 
Samthepigman said:Get rid of the ol' tacky and you wouldn't have to make them any heavier

You'd also be changing the event and what it's testing which is the point you always seem to miss.

Tackyless stones is primarily a grip and upper body test of strength imo.

Tackied stones are testing the hips, whole posterior chain, legs, core etc etc

12345678910 ... ... 400401402403404405406407408409410

You are here: HomeForumLessThanLuke → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2020 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto