REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 6 members and 81 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumDavidW → View All Posts

View All Posts: DavidW

» British Lifters announced for London 2012 (Go to post)11-06-2012 @ 17:32 
ChrisGlover said:Nearly as bad as the decisions to draft people in from other sports to look after BWL.

Yep - that Fiona bird boils my fcking piss. What does she actually DO?! Anyone?
» British Lifters announced for London 2012 (Go to post)11-06-2012 @ 11:16 
Not sure how you can pick Natasha after a bomb at 36 years old...
» BBC article on GB weightlifting team hopefuls (Go to post)08-06-2012 @ 11:25 
On the female side I don't think they can select Natasha now. I think Calvino 'deserves' it but they will probably go with Emily...
» BBC article on GB weightlifting team hopefuls (Go to post)08-06-2012 @ 11:16 
Sounds cryptic Mark?!

Kirkbride and Evans must go as they hit Bs in both Euros and British. The arguement will resolve around the third slot. Tamas will obviously favor Jack and he has been closest of anyone to the A. Can you take Halil when Jack has beaten him twice this year by over 10kg? Can you take Shaun when there is already a 69 selected?

I was impressed with Shaun in the warm up room at the British. He looked like the most composed person in there. Gaz, Chea, Me and Kev were all s**tting ourselves!
» British Senior Champs/ Olympic Qualifier (Weightlifting) (Go to post)28-05-2012 @ 12:08 
shaunclegg said:today

men

clegg B standard

evans B standard

kirkbride B standard

women

smith A standard

godley B standard

Didn't Halil and Calvino also get B Standards?
» British Senior Champs/ Olympic Qualifier (Weightlifting) (Go to post)28-05-2012 @ 12:08 
shaunclegg said:today

men

clegg B standard

evans B standard

kirkbride B standard

women

smith A standard

godley B standard

Didn't Halil and Calvino also get B Standards?
» Adam Travis 170kg Powerclean @89kg BWT (Go to post)09-05-2012 @ 15:48 
Niiice Trav... How many people in the country could beat that at any body weight?
» shaun clegg brit juniors. (Go to post)01-05-2012 @ 15:22 
Nice Shaun. It's going to be an exciting day on the 26th...
» Do drugs improve sporting performance? (Go to post)01-05-2012 @ 11:35 
MrSmall said:Interesting statistic I heard - Japan and South Korea are the only countries in the world that have never failed a drugs test in weightlifting.
South Korea has a pretty strong presense in the weightlifting world.

I heard that testerone does not skew the T:Epi ratio as much in Orientals? If you're using test suspension then clearance is only a couple of days anyway.
» BOA Bylaw Overturned (Go to post)30-04-2012 @ 16:26 
There are definitely benefits available to the few who are on WCL, e.g. Medical support to manage minor injuries, regular physiotherapy/massage, funding to train full time and most importantly a consistently competitive environment.

I do however believe that these guys would have produced the same or better results under Callard (as Zoe has done). I also think serious respect must be given to the lifters who have achieved B standards working outside of the ‘system’ (Calvinoid, Emily, Halil and Shaun).
» BOA Bylaw Overturned (Go to post)30-04-2012 @ 16:02 
Post Edited: 30.04.2012 @ 16:04 PM by DavidW
Wigan said:
I dont know the detail and have only heard bits of 'gossip' but supposedly £30k salaries for 'experts' that have come from such areas as Lacrosse and women's rugby to empart their knowledge in a completely different sport with a different type of athlete / mindset. I'm not convinced of the value of such things to be honest, should it be true..

EXACTLY. Fiona Lothian is 'Performance Manager' but what does she actually DO? She knows fck all about training so where does she add value? Surely that money be better spent elsewhere?
» Do drugs improve sporting performance? (Go to post)30-04-2012 @ 13:50 
martinb said:
Doesn't piss me off anywhere near as much as Kelly Holmes, I can't stand her getting on her high horse

Lesbian

Or Daley Thompson... Or fcking SEB COE!!

SURRRRE you were clean (and dominant) in the worst era of drugs in sport...
» Do drugs improve sporting performance? (Go to post)30-04-2012 @ 13:39 
Cuddles said:It's a results based business, and unless I've missed something he is our best sprinter still?

I think it would be a real shame if they didn't pick him.

Mikey, I too enjoy Michael Johnson's commentary. Always thought that was a great signing for the BBC.

Though MJ being all righteous about drug takers is a fcking joke.
» BOA Bylaw Overturned (Go to post)30-04-2012 @ 13:01 
Post Edited: 30.04.2012 @ 13:12 PM by DavidW
No male lifter yet holds the A standard so it's still all up for grabs. If Ant is the only one to achieve that can they NOT select him?!

Jack looks like a certainty now but Pete is looking a little shaky. Can Shaun nick a place off Gareth?...
» BOA Bylaw Overturned (Go to post)30-04-2012 @ 12:28 
Actually, I think Brad HAS qualified for the trials. He did the Tri Nations on short notice...

On a seperate note, my first coach Anthony Arthur is doing the trials. Would LOVE to see him steal a place of WCL.

You are here: HomeForumDavidW → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto