REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 205 guests
You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts

View All Posts: slimsim

12345678910 ... 388389390 ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

» Running Multiple Programmes (Go to post)10-01-2012 @ 11:41 
Oxman said:I've been running Phillipi for squats and deads at the same time, Phillipi for deads completed now and running Ortmayer with it. Seems to work fine for me, i think you can comfortably run an overhead routine too, depends i guess on how much event work you do too, everyones recuperation abilities vary, try it, if it doesn't work do something else.

Cheers Oxman,

I noticed you got some really good gains from the Phillipi deadlift routine as well. Due to family commitments I'll probably only get to train events about every 3-4 weeks(Unhappy) so hopefully my recovery will be able to keep up with the volume.

Like you say, if it doesn't I'll crack on with something else Happy
» Leroys attempt of getting rid of 'The aids' (Go to post)10-01-2012 @ 00:27 
Just been have a read fella. Sounds like you've had a really s**t time over the last few months.

Hope the hospital appointment goes well and you can crack on with whichever type of training you fancy

Si
» ACTIVATE: BEAST MODE (Go to post)10-01-2012 @ 00:17 
I don't think such a short write up does justice to the volume of work you did. You should ramble on a bit like me!! Grin

Really strong pressing, the first 4 sets were incredibly fast.
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)09-01-2012 @ 22:29 
cleans
40 x5
60 x5
80 x3
95 x2
110 x2
120 2x2 - these felt awful. Sore in my lats and legs didn't exactly feel sharp

Deadlifts - heavy
120 x3
160 x3
187.5x2 - easy! Err, it is week 1 though. Roll-Eyes

Deadlifts - speed
150 8x3r - didn't feel as quick as the speed pulls last week, but I hadn't done the heavy work then either so think they were ok

Bench Press
70 x8
90 x5
102.5 5x5 - felt a bit heavier than I expected, which isn't particularly good

Rack Press - probably about a 6' lockout
60 x6
110 x5
130 x2 - epic fail - I thought based on my 120kg 1rm bench that I'd be able to do 130 for about 5. Confused
115 x4+1F - I'm blaming the previous set for this failure on the last rep, but still need to re-evaluate what I'm going to do over the coming weeks
» Running Multiple Programmes (Go to post)09-01-2012 @ 18:39 
Jabba said:Hi mate, I can't see any problems (other than fatigue) of running a deadlift and OH program concurrently. Obviously DL takes most of the body but shoulders are probably a good choice to run alongside the DL routine.

As for the fronties, you'll know how you've adapted to the workload by that time anyway. If you're fresh enough why not just as long as you don't detract from the DL routine.

Cheers John,

Good point about the fronties. I just wasn't sure if anyone who had already done this routine thought it would be too much of a workload, or even work for different movements, especially a small bodypart like shoulders.
» Running Multiple Programmes (Go to post)09-01-2012 @ 18:34 
VanillaGorilla said:I seem to recall someone over on marunde muscle using coan/phillippi for their overhead with some success. Sorry I cant be more specific haha!

Thanks Vanilla, it wasn't specific but it was a reply nonetheless.

Cheers

Si
» Advice on Coan/Phillipi Deadlift routine (Go to post)09-01-2012 @ 17:02 
RyanH said:Is the assistance what makes this routine important?

Yeah, I'd like to know this too, cos I was going to screw the assistance and just concentrate on the heavy and speed deadlifts.
» First training log (Go to post)09-01-2012 @ 16:47 
shortandmighty said:
I sense a challenge being issued here!

I only issue challenges when I'm the stronger individual!! Grin

I'll keep quiet until I am and then hunt you down!!! (PS. you may not hear back from me.......ever! lol)
» Advice on Coan/Phillipi Deadlift routine (Go to post)09-01-2012 @ 16:45 
Post Edited: 09.01.2012 @ 16:55 PM by slimsim
Villa_Ste said:sounds interesting. sorry to be a pain in the arse but but could some1 explain how to do it in reps and sets. i always find the articles a bit confusing (dumb i know)

Hi Ste,

The following link will basically tell you exactly what % of your new 1rm weight you need to do week on week and the number of sets/reps. I always struggle trying to figure out exactly what articles mean, but this seems to lay it on a plate.

http://tsampa.org/training/scripts/coan_phillipi_deadlift/?cur...

Hope it helps Happy

Duhhh: just seen Chaos had already posted the link!!Roll-Eyes
» First training log (Go to post)09-01-2012 @ 16:29 
Nice lifting man!

Your squat must be higher than 210 based on the sets of 5 with 195. Are you planning on setting a new PB in the next few weeks?

I think I'll keep an eye on your log. You're a similar weight to me and outlifting me on the big 3 by just the right amount to make me think I can catch you up Wink

Please hold back on any PB's for the forseeable future!!! Tongue Grin
» Running Multiple Programmes (Go to post)09-01-2012 @ 15:27 
Errr, does anyone know how this can get moved to the training section?! Confused Roll-Eyes
» Running Multiple Programmes (Go to post)09-01-2012 @ 15:26 
Hi Fellas,

Was just hoping for a bit of advice in relation to running programmes. I've never really followed any form of programme and I really think to bring my deadlift and overhead up (the 2 main things I'm concerned with at the moment) I'm going to need to organise things a bit better than in the past.

I'm planning on running the Philippi/Coan deadlift programme for my deadlift, starting tonight, with an aim to go from 235 to 250kg

1) Would it be reasonable to do a variant of this for strict pressing starting at say week 4 on the deadlift routine so that the loads used aren't at 100% at the same time?

2) Is there a better alternative to this for shoulders? (I'm not sure if the size of the muscle will affect it's ability to perform the volume or not)

3) Would it be ridiculous to add a third element in say for front squats? I'm thinking this could be added at week 8. None of the exercises would hopefully affect the others, but would the overall workload just be too much?

Sorry for so many questions and going on a bit, but any advice would be much appreciated Happy
» Weightlifters of Sugden (Go to post)07-01-2012 @ 21:35 
Hollar!

I'm still doing a bit but limiting it to just one of the lifts per training session
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)07-01-2012 @ 21:29 
Went for my first training session at Junction Gym today and basically feel like a little lad. What Gra-Bul and some of the other guys train really opened my eyes to just how weak I am, especially when lifting something other than an oly bar.

Log - clean & press (35kg log)
35 2x4r
55 x3
75 2x2
85 3x1r
90 2x1r
100 F,F,F (cleaned ok, press was nowhere near)
80 c+3press x2
90 x1
100 xF - hoped the tips Gra-Bul gave me for the jerks and the lighter reps would have helped me nail this but it was a big Family Fortunes - Nerr Nerrrrr

Yoke
130 x20m
170 x20m
200 x20m
230 x20m x2 - had 1 drop on each of these. Mainly cos the weight was swinging all over the place. The weight itself didn't feel too bad.

Stones
78kg x5reps to 48in - no tacky but these didn't feel too bad, so thought I'd move up in weight
110 - only loaded about 6/16! Angry I did manage 3 in a row at the end. Still a major fail from what I've seen from a lot of threads about 1st stone attempts! Unhappy
120 - F - could not even lap it. I just couldn't even balance the damn thing to properly get it off the floor more than a couple of inchesUnhappy Unhappy

big thanks to Gra-Bul. Some of the tips her gave me were invaluable and would have taken months possibly years to figure out yourself
» Seminar of Strength (Go to post)06-01-2012 @ 16:54 
craigmanc said:Just a quick updat

Terry Hollands will also be joining Lozza and Rob that evening.

This is three weeks just before Arnolds so all will be top of their game for show lifting

Absolutely made up with this. Can't wait to see big T in the flesh. He'll make jabba look small! Tongue

All paid up and ready to rock and roll. It's like Christmas again......except I don't pay for my own Chrissy presents! Roll-Eyes

12345678910 ... 388389390 ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions