REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 127 guests
You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts

View All Posts: slimsim

12345678910 ... ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

» Cycling - 'The Cleanest Sport'? (Go to post)15-12-2011 @ 12:20 
I think one of the things with cycling is the type of PED's they use. Traditional blood doping where they draw out a couple of pints, store it, and then pump it back into the athlete a couple of days before a race is notoriously difficult to target, because it's the athletes own blood.

I'm pretty sure this is one of the primary reasons for so many cyclists dying over the years during races, because their blood is like syrup!! Confused

A Spanish friend of mine told me about a cyclist in Spain who spat his dummy over something and went on national radio telling everyone about the drugs regimes. It was basically year round use which encompassed periods of steroid use, GH, blood doping protocols depending on when races were happening. How truthful he was I don't know, but nothing would surprise me.
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)14-12-2011 @ 22:33 
Snatch
40 2s 5r
60 x3
70 x3
80 2x2
90 3x 1r - nice and easy, my left shoulder was feeling a bit tight so I didn't feeling fancy going any heavier today

Front Squat
80 x5
100 x5
120 x5
140 x4+F - WTF. I've not missed a set of 5reps on this in like errr ,forever!! It just kinda slipped of my delts
140 x5 - really hard
140 x5 - bit easier - I'm blaming the *negative (*failed) 180kg I did last Wednesday for fatiguing me

Zerchers from floor
100 3x3
After watching Wayne Chowdrey's video with the 190 (I think) a couple of weeks ago I thought I'd have a pop......they absolutely OWNED ME. Christ knows how Wayne did 190....and he told me in his thread that it's "a bit uncomfortable resting on his knees but fine other than that"!!!! He must be double hard!

Deadlift - beltless but with straps
100 x3
150 x3
170 x3
190 3s 7r - was originally going to do 5x5 but was running a bit short of time so I thought I'd cut the sets but up the reps. Pretty pleased with this as it's not that long ago when I struggled to do a single with 195!! Happy

Steep incline d/bell press - would have preferred to do bench press but the bench and curls crew were in! Grin
25 x10
30 x10
35 3s 8r - DONE....in
» Guy throws non paying passenger of train (Go to post)14-12-2011 @ 17:39 
danbaseley said:
Word. But he deserved to be thrown off as he was being a rude, obstinate c**t. There, I kept the c-bomb quotient up on this thread.

Absolutely......hence him being a 'little bas***d' Wink Grin

Well done on the more than appropriate c-bomb!! Tongue
» Guy throws non paying passenger of train (Go to post)14-12-2011 @ 17:13 
JC said:Not defending the guy one little bit...thief, he may be, but no more than the train company...

Train companies are one of the biggest thieving c**ts out there

I pay £1500 a year for a 16min each way journey...some in London will pay far far more

Yeah, and how often do they run on time? Not f**king very in my experience!! I hate getting the train (and I do it every mon-fri) they're either rammed or late or simply don't turn up'Angry Angry Angry

Oh and don't get me started on the chavs effin' and jeffin' in front of everybody and basically showing no consideration for anyone, just like the little bas***d on the video!!
» Best thread ever (Go to post)14-12-2011 @ 14:06 
haahaaa, I've gotten to page 3 and am having a right laugh!! I'll carry on with it later, it's like a strongman version of Eastenders with Corrie's comedy value thrown in!!Grin
» starting strongman :) (Go to post)14-12-2011 @ 12:14 
haydnward said:
cheers si: yeah i have done some- mainly clean and pressing for exsplosivness and played with some deads before, squatting has always been a weakness for me, just wana try and get some decent numbers up, shall keep all posted Happy

I was about to say that I wouldn't worry too much about the squats as I think deads have a far better carryover to most strongman events.....apart from squatting events! Roll-Eyes Looks like you're hammering the deadlifts anyway though, based on your last couple of sessions.

I'm surprised your back isn't fried.
» Misha down to lift in the President's Cup in Russia (Go to post)14-12-2011 @ 10:44 
Post Edited: 14.12.2011 @ 10:44 AM by slimsim
MrSmall said:Cos you can't lift big weights power jerking, right? Grin

not if you do those special power jerks with no leg drive you can't!! Wink Grin
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)13-12-2011 @ 22:05 
mrbeige said:Nice front squats dude!

cheers mate. I think it's a genetic thing. I did 145kg the very first time I did them. I'm VERY quad dominant.....hence my s**tty deadlift in comparison!!

I think I need to do what you're doing and give myself some written goals. I've got a really bad habit of moseying along with some lifts
» Guy throws non paying passenger of train (Go to post)13-12-2011 @ 21:51 
Jabba said:
So why did you ask to lick mine ?

wrong, just wrong!
Unhappy Tongue
» Naps and mums (Go to post)13-12-2011 @ 20:59 
Boar said:lol...naps !!

not with 2 kids.

x2

I bloody wish I could though. And I wish my mum/wife/anyone made my tea too!

Unhappy
» Guy throws non paying passenger of train (Go to post)13-12-2011 @ 18:42 
JackRevans said:then proceed to eat the cadaver

Whoa there son, whoa there! I think someone's just overstepped the mark................everyone knows scrotes taste like s**t!!! Wink Grin
» Mince pies (Go to post)13-12-2011 @ 18:40 
Hahaaa, the thing is Jabba you and your wife are both excellent at baking. Now if the lazy mare I've married tried baking mince pies there's little chance of me eating more than one. And that would be a purely token effort!!Grin Grin
» Guy throws non paying passenger of train (Go to post)13-12-2011 @ 18:37 
ursus said:
General public should "uppercut then follow that with a spinning back fist on the way down " Tongue

Then finish then off with an axe kick to the head whilst they are on the floor!! Why stop at the fists when there are so many other wonderful bodyparts to use?!! Grin
» Guy throws non paying passenger of train (Go to post)13-12-2011 @ 14:49 
davycummings said:I think people in society need to stand up and say that this kind of antisocial behaviour is not something we need to accept. I dont think it is always necessary for there to be a physical intervention, and in most cases it is best avoided, but these people need to be stood up to.

Here here!

Problem is that little scratters like this don't respond to anything other than physical violence/intimidation. Bring back the days of getting a kicking off the local bobby if you were doing wrong.
» mrbeige's road to..... (Go to post)13-12-2011 @ 14:19 
Good luck fella,

Perfectly realistic goals, which is good, and you've already got a nice mix of strongman beneficial lifts in there with the deads and zerchers.

How long have you given yourself to try and hit your goals?

12345678910 ... ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions