REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 161 guests
You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts

View All Posts: slimsim

12345678910 ... ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

» coronavirus (Go to post)11-05-2020 @ 23:29 
EDCLARKE said:
I keep banging this drum with my mrs and she is doing an outstanding job of taking absolutely no f**king notice of me whatsoever!

Oh you're not alone Ed. We're £1,000/month better off at the moment as there's no childcare to pay for. Are we saving it......are we f**k! Roll-Eyes
» Eddie Hall vs Thor Björnsson boxing match (Go to post)04-05-2020 @ 19:40 
EDCLARKE said:I predict a white version of kimbo slice vs dada 5000

I predict they'll make KSI and Logan Paul look like Money Mayweather and the Pacman.

Let's face it, we all know it's going to be absolutely s**t! All the bloody experts on the gram are hilarious as well "Eddie's had to fight his whole life, he was brought up in a really rough area....blah f**king blah"
» Lockdown DIY (Go to post)21-04-2020 @ 14:12 
Painted our garden fence with 2 coats of Cuprinol "Silver Copse", that is now rarer than rocking horse s**t it seems!!! It's a pretty long fence so took about 30hrs in total (I'm still working as well). I felt like Daniel-san with all the "paint the fence" that was going on. Thank God there's no waxing on or off needed!

Painted one of the kids bedrooms and have the paint for our bedroom, which I'll start this weekend, or as soon as the missus decides whether she wants paint or wallpaper Roll-Eyes

I'm also going to order some sleepers to make some raised beds.

There's a few DIY stores near us which are still open and I've found a local timber yard that is delivering wood.
» coronavirus (Go to post)07-04-2020 @ 17:53 
Funky_monkey said:Unfortunately, my mum was diagnosed recently. Spent 2 weeks at home, and now in hospital. Hadn't called her unless I wanted something for about 5 years. Gave her a call, she's not doing too well despite her trying to make it out like she's fine. I know what she's like, trying to make sure I don't worry.

I'm sorry to hear it as well. Like Ed says, plenty of older people have recovered from it and if in hospital she'll be getting the best treatment.
» coronavirus (Go to post)06-04-2020 @ 14:31 
JohnGym said:My mates sister died with it today. It’s real. Of course it’s real.

Really sorry to hear this. I think a lot of people are now realising this is a bad situation being having a this happen so close to home can only make it much, much worse.
» coronavirus (Go to post)26-03-2020 @ 14:48 
dannyboy73 said:you are not Will Smith in I am legend, go home...
Grin

I loled at that!!
Grin Grin
» coronavirus (Go to post)25-03-2020 @ 16:43 
WILLSAN said:
no because it is a mixture of investigative journalism, conjecture and monkeys at typewriters. the trick is to be able to recognize which is which. and then when you find conformation in different sources you can join the dots to form a bigger picture. the best work is actually much better sourced than the s**te the mainstream media shovels.
the monkeys have a use too - I enjoy reading that stuff just for entertainment value. Grin

There really needs to be a "like" button on here!
» coronavirus (Go to post)25-03-2020 @ 16:26 
WILLSAN said:
in the the midst of the noise there is a lot of good information in the 'conspiracy community'. if you have the ability to sort the wheat from the chaff you can do things like...predict a global pandemic before most people are even talking about it or...financially prepare yourself for an impending economic crash that most werent aware of. try doing that using mainstream media.

Is that not the same as giving an infinite amount of monkeys an infinite number of typewriters and an infinite amount of time and eventually they will come up with the works of shakespeare? ie. are they ones that come true simply not doing so by virtue of luck?
» coronavirus (Go to post)24-03-2020 @ 13:16 
matthewvc said:Something certainly needs addressing is some form of income support for the 5 million sole traders / self employed . Permies are getting up to £2000/month and self employed barely £400 via dole.
No wonder the tube is still rammed.

I just dread the financial implications from the fallout from this. Sole traders and even ltd company directors will need help just like the permies but even £1,000/month is going to add up to £5bn/month, on top of the bail out for the employees. The magnitude of this is massive but so would the issues be if Boris didn't help people.

It's an absolute no win situation.
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)17-03-2020 @ 13:17 
Pikefingers said:I keep seeing what appears to be a new raw bench record (349 KG) on Instagram, but I’ve not seen anyone mention it here, so wondering whether there’s a reason why? Not a sanctioned meet? Suspected fake plates? Just general bulls**t?

Yeah, I saw it posted but it seems like a big increase from the previous world record and it's really not been that shouted about. Confused
» coronavirus (Go to post)13-03-2020 @ 13:13 
billynomates said:I'm in Ireland. Gym has been closed for the rest of the month, along with schools and similar institutions. Boris hasn't closed schools in the UK, but he's following the advice of his experts which seems to be at odds with the advice being given in other countries??

I take it your in southern Ireland?

Does Boris think the "border" is going to stop Corona? What's the point in southern Ireland having one set of rules if northern Ireland doesn't then follow the same process? Boris is obviously thinking "f**k Ireland, I'll do what I want!"
» Arnold Strongman Classic 2020; Columbus, Ohio (Go to post)04-03-2020 @ 14:59 
The_Lone_Wolf said:
I've just seen Arnold on instagram saying the convention will be cancelled... So I would assume that yes, no crowd at all... Strange vibe for the athletes then, competing in an empty arena?

Probably even weirder for the bodybuilders. At least the strongmen are able to gauge how they are performing compared to their competitors the BBers just have a few stony faced judges to look at. It'd properly piss me off if I was competing.
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)10-02-2020 @ 17:49 
93hopkinsonr said:
Also working less on the rigs will be a massive benefit

I wonder how much his income has been affected if he isn't working on the rigs though?

Whilst they certainly earn their money, those guys normally earn a decent living and the 50% time off they get can certainly help training when off rotation but I wonder if there's been some negatives as well as positives?
» First Timers Strongman comp reports (Go to post)30-01-2020 @ 17:49 
PeteHodgson said:Well done lads!

13-years they've been waiting for congratulations from you, Pete! Grin
» Dreams (Go to post)30-01-2020 @ 17:48 
Last night I dreamed that I was eating a massive marshmallow. When I woke up my pillow was missing! Ba da tsk

12345678910 ... ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions