REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 372 guests
You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts

View All Posts: slimsim

12345678910 ... ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

» And now for something completely different (Go to post)10-11-2011 @ 22:27 
spam_up said:Hello Happy

good luck with your new training path, you looking to stay u90kg? o, and how tall are you btw cos of a post at the start of your journal has made me curious Grin

Thanks very much. Hopefully, I'm hoping with the variety in strongman that there will always be something to keep me motivated.

I am planning to stay in the u90's. I'm only 5'7" and I was up at 110kg when i used to bodybuild and it doesn't particularly suit me being so heavy. Out of interest, what are you curious about?

Cheers

Si
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)10-11-2011 @ 22:24 
milsy said:dear god hope dave and ed dont blame me for you turning haha

Oh,I've stitched you right up mate. I've told them that you're completely responsible and actually suggested I packed in weightlifting!!!

Wink
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)09-11-2011 @ 23:51 
http://youtu.be/ZhQVwUNLPyg

I've not got a fooking clue if this will upload. It's the first time ever I've uploaded anything to YouTube, let allow start posting links to it. I'm too old for this s**t!
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)09-11-2011 @ 22:52 
So much for Oly lifters being good overhead!

push press
60 2x5
70 x3
80 x3
90 x3
100 x1 - way heavier than I was expecting
90 x3x3

strict press
60 3x5

farmers walk
70kg dumbells 20m x 3

first time ever doing these with any "serious" weight - bloody things were banging all over the place

Back Squat
60 x6
100 x6
140 x4
160 x4
180 3x3 nice fast reps - wore a belt for the first time in years
I might even upload the last set I was that pleased Happy

Bent over row
60 3x8 - just for speed
» concept 2 rowing times (Go to post)09-11-2011 @ 12:32 
Jabba said:
Dwarf bas***d! Tongue

My God, I've got a massive 15 posts to date and have already managed to get insulted in regards to both my fatherhood and height. Way to go me.

Any more lip from you John and I might just have to piss all over your time to knock you down a spot.......in fact I might do it this evening!!
Tongue
» darren brown, the assin (Go to post)08-11-2011 @ 14:11 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:I saw the one last night where the guy ended up confessing to a murder he hadn't committed. I found the process really cruel! (I know he applied to go on the show.)

I saw that too. In all honesty, I was pissing myself laughing at how confused the guy was when that female "professors" dress changed and when his meal was swapped without him knowing. But it's a bit beyond a joke when someone is sat in their bedroon alomst crying with fear/anguish.....I continued to watch know......maybe I should have been in the audience on the gameshow one!!Grin
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)08-11-2011 @ 10:20 
Jabba said:You do realise that the Atlas stones platforms are rather high don't you?Roll-Eyes

What does Dave reckon to your possible defection to Strongman and has it caused Fast Ed to swear at you ?

yeah,I know they're high but I've got arms like a gibbon!

I've not told Dave or Ed, I'd hate to see grown men cry. lol
» concept 2 rowing times (Go to post)08-11-2011 @ 09:20 
Jabba said:Woohoo ! Top ten in the 2,000m despite Boar giving me 7:26 instead of 7:24.

How could you do that to me Boarski, it was the closest I've ever been to an athletic endurance event.

P.s does falling asleep during a shag make it an athletic endurance event ? If it does, scratch the last part of the above statement.

By Christ, I'd have never taken you to be an endurance athlete..... Come to think of it I'd never have guessed you were any form of athlete!! Tongue
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)07-11-2011 @ 23:44 
Well, I've started getting pretty disillusioned with the old weightlifting after 6-years. My snatch and clean hasn't really improved in the last 3-years and my jerk has gradually gotten worse and worse to the point when I can't solidly lock out 110 on a lot of occasions.

so I've got 2 options....1) go back to bodybuilding....2)take up some other strength sport.......well, I'm not going back to the world of shaved chests and fake tan!!

On the basis that I've been reading the "champions of the future 2" thread I'm thinking about going down the route of strongman and also thought it would be a good idea to tell all the Sugdeners this so that I can't wuss out of doing it at a later date.

Never having done any strongman events, or really even any powerlifting type work I thought a journal would be a good starting point so that I can chart my progress, so here goes:

Snatch - worked up to a single with 100
2 x F 105kg

C&J - worked up to single with 110
- 2x1 120 - clean only (widened my clean grip in the hope it would help the jerks.....I didn't! Unhappy

Front Squat 60 x5
90 x5
130 x3
150 x2
170 x1
140 3x3 (easy)

Deadlift (4in deficit) 100 x6
140 x6
160 3x5
180 2x3

Bench 60 x8
80 x7
100 3x5
» Gutsy Snatch (Go to post)07-11-2011 @ 13:07 
I saw Peter Kirkbride do something similar at the BWLA Centenary event in York a couple of months ago. I thought it was so impressive that he went down on one knee in the snatch and still recover his balance and stand up. A failed lift, obviously, but damn impressive nonetheless.

That was with about 150kg (I think). These guys must have joints of steel. My hips just hurt watching it!
» HELP? (Go to post)05-11-2011 @ 10:38 
FFS Milsy!! I don't know any decent ones in Leeds/Bradford but I know superb one at the far side of Manchester if you can be bothered travelling? He's a guy called Stuart Cosgrove. He owns a place called Cosgroves physio fit centre, you'd need to google it.

He a former mr Great Britain and used to train with Dorian Yates when he was mr olympia. He REALLY knows his s**t!!
» Strongest Man on Eurosport UK now! (Go to post)04-11-2011 @ 19:09 
Nice one. Cheers for that.Happy
» World Weightlifting Championships - Disneyland Paris (Go to post)03-11-2011 @ 19:47 
possibly......but never mind that. Who's AdamConfused lol
» World Weightlifting Championships - Disneyland Paris (Go to post)03-11-2011 @ 19:43 
Don't listen to a word I say!! I was just going off what I read on another site. It's all Chinese whispers.Grin
» Pat Mendes - Pan American Games (Go to post)02-11-2011 @ 13:53 
Luke27 said:Could you give me a link would be very interested?

But I know of designer steroid with half lifes of only 3 hours,
so i Dont see, now days , PED's being the reason they dont perform in comp.
Again other wise it's point less to take them as you dont get the results in Comps when it matters.

But to be honest its not a topic that we will ever find the truth about.

I think what Shaun's getting at is the fact that a PED user who comes off for competition will still be stronger than a lifetime natural (all things being equal of course). So whilst not being able to perform at their absolute "best" in competition they can still lift heavier than if they had never used.

Personally, I think this is part of the reason, but Mark's explanation provides the majority of the reasoning behind it. I find it a bit frustrating that when I compete I have to start with a fairly conservative weight just to make sure that I don't bomb and then only have 2 attempts left. I'd love to be involved in a comp which allowed unlimited attempts. I'd probably be attempting a 110 snatch for hours and still not get the bloody thing!! Angry

Maybe I should just go back to bodybuilding?! Grin

12345678910 ... ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions