View All Posts: slimsim

12345678910 ... ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

» Manchester & district 29th of Oct (Go to post)03-06-2021 @ 10:32 
samue1son said:Do you... want a card?

Green card? Confused Confused

I always thought Boar was a native. Every day is a school day Grin
» Eddie Hall vs Thor Björnsson boxing match (Go to post)02-06-2021 @ 14:18 
Post Edited: 02.06.2021 @ 14:18 PM by slimsim
Nimble said:Is it just me or did Thor look like complete crap the other night?

I’ve long thought Thor seems to be taking a much better approach to prep than Eddie and obviously he has some natural advantages but beginning to wonder if he just doesn’t have the personality for it. Maybe Eddie will smash him after all.

I think it's always going to be difficult to look good against a seasoned pro. I think any decent professional athlete would make both Eddie and Thor look crap in any sport, just like they'd both make other athletes look weak in all but a few exceptions.

One thing I do know, from what I've seen, is that Thor is still going about his training in the right way whereas Eddie just seems to be f**king about beating his mate Paddy up. Obviously, we've no idea what's going on behind the camera's but my money is on Thor.
» Hey Rick (Go to post)02-06-2021 @ 01:06 
Post Edited: 02.06.2021 @ 01:06 AM by slimsim
EDCLARKE said:
ha ha i would imagine he fought them off given his combat ability

Hahaa, I’m still I pretty regular contact with Nick. I think he’d say he’d be more likely to fight them off with a ‘don’t give a f**k and loves winding people up’ attitude than actual fighting skill!!
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)12-04-2021 @ 09:49 
luki said:Lasha with 3 new WR in one competition. 485kg total. Anyone with a bit more knowledge of OL think he's going for the 500kg total in Tokyo?

2WR, snatch & total.

500kg total.......no chance! Another 6kg on his snatch and 9kg on his c&j. He may as well just say he's going to try and get a 520kg total. He's good but he ain't that good (at this time)

Watch him go and do it now, just to mug me right off. Roll-Eyes
» coronavirus (Go to post)31-03-2021 @ 11:56 
luki said:"Alexander Ginzburg, director of the Gamaleja Center... explained in an interview that a certain concentration of interferon in the human body can protect against SARS-VoV-2. However, this requires interferon inducers...Ginzburg noted that the vaccine does not work reliably in people who are addicted to alcohol and drugs, as well as in people taking cytostatics..."

https://de.rt.com/russland/115118-sputnik-v-entwickler-interferon-im/

That sounds a bit contentious. Addicted to what, alcohol, coke, heroin, speed, ecstasy? I find it hard to believe there's enough research to back that up.
» US Presidency (Go to post)26-01-2021 @ 14:42 
unit94 said:
Rejoined Paris climate agreement,set up quite a lot of infrastructure for a covid response. Stopped the ridiculous "muslim ban." Overturned the trans military ban and stopped that ridiculous wall being built. He's done alot of environmental orders in general it seems. To me that's been a pretty good start. I feel like you're gonna tell me why those things are bad though!

I was a bit gobsmacked when I saw WillSan question what good Biden has done when the Paris climate agreement was rejoined almost immediately. If he did nothing else at all, trying to prevent global warming is a pretty good choice to make in the long run.
» coronavirus (Go to post)26-01-2021 @ 14:40 
Rick said:Solid plan imo, but sadly the electorate disagree. The fact that 39-40% would still vote Conservative in the middle of this plus the predicted brexs**t rather suggests that that vote is simply not changeable.

And whilst I hate the term it's not wonder with that mentality the word "sheeple" is bandied about so much. It seems to be that people are so averse to looking at the bigger picture for society on a whole they've rather endure potentially years or s**t than give the alternative a try.........which couldn't really be much worse.
» Supercharger (Go to post)20-01-2021 @ 11:56 
The_Lone_Wolf said:I think they're actually referred to as Lex-I.

Nope!

Luxury EXecutive US. It cannot be pluralised in that way.

That's all I can add to this topic. Embarassed
» Concept 2 rowing times 2020 onwards (Go to post)15-01-2021 @ 14:32 
I did a 3:20m/1000m on 8th October 2020. 1:39 aver pace.and a 31 stroke per min rate. I've even got a picture of it but uploading it is beyond me these days Confused

I did mention this on the last thread but Boar ignored me!! Grin Grin
» Merry Christmas (Go to post)25-12-2020 @ 23:05 
Merry christmas guys. Hope you’ve all had a good one!!
» Strongman on TV- Christmas (Go to post)24-12-2020 @ 09:58 
JCarter123 said:
I couldn’t agree more, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Absolutely, although it doesn’t surprise me. Bryce comes across as a guy who will only think about the business and would be more concerned if it caused any negative impact/connotations than it being respectful to do so. Obviously, I don’t know him but he seems to have that air about him imo.
» The flu jab (Go to post)04-12-2020 @ 23:15 
I been invited to have one every year for the last 6-years and have never had it until this year. Zero issues with it and I will be having it again.
» US Presidency (Go to post)30-11-2020 @ 17:09 
unit94 said:I also find it very interesting that whilst historically Russia was the sworn enemy, a lot of right wing Americans now are big fans of Putin. Big generational shift

Even though the Ruskies are known to meddle in things completely outside of what they should be doing. Seems a bit incredulous that any westerner would believe them. Confused
» joyce dubois (Go to post)29-11-2020 @ 11:24 
I think he quit but only because his vision has become so impaired that he knew he was at risk of a big right hand and some serious damage.

It’s a pity really because from an age perspective, the future of British boxing is with Dubois but that jab of Joyce’s did a number on him. I often think Joyce looks a bit clumsy and square on (which is ridiculous for me to say about an Olympic medalist ) so he doesn’t look like he’ll get much power in his right hand but that left flicks out so frequently that it’s bound to cause damage. Joyce seems to have a right engine though. Never stops throwing and never seems to slow down due to it.

I think whilst Dubois has more professional fights to his name the lack of amateur pedigree played to Joyce’s advantage.
» Arm-wrestling social media thread (Go to post)26-11-2020 @ 09:51 
I do enjoy watching Kirill's posts on instagram. Not much training these days but plenty entertaining enough. I just wish he'd speak more English in them as my Russian isn't that great*

*nonexistent!

12345678910 ... ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions