REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 126 guests
You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts

View All Posts: slimsim

12345678910 ... ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

» powerhouse spotting? (Go to post)17-11-2011 @ 23:02 
If you walk past a mirror and see a bearded bloke with massive earlobes do you think 's**t, bet he's strong?'

You do don't you?!! Wink
» Crisps and Chocolate (Go to post)17-11-2011 @ 21:16 
drew said:f**k crisps it's all about butter

hahaa...errr, with anything in particular or just scooped straight from the tub?
» Crisps and Chocolate (Go to post)17-11-2011 @ 17:26 
Now and again I buy the big 225g bags of doritos and smash it in one night. I always feel fat as f**k the next day though and I only tend to do it if the mrs leaves me home alone on a friday or saturday evening.....i'm a comfort eater!!!!
» 150kg bench 280kg trap bar help with bench? (Go to post)17-11-2011 @ 17:17 
JackRevans said:thats pretty dam nice, whats the benefit of the trap bar dls?

I was actually doing the trap bar deads with Milsy that night, but he obviously thought my ugly mug would stop people watching the vid, or that my feats weren't worthy of a video!!! The bas***d!

It's the first time I've ever done them and they are NOTHING like normal deadlifts. I felt it much more in my upper back and distributed evenly between my quads and hammies, as opposed to only feeling it in my lower back and hammies only with regular ones. You can also lift more weight with them than standard deads. I did 5 reps with 10kg more than my 1rm deadlift and there was probably still a couple in the tank....which is always gonna put a smile on your face
Grin
» More strict strict pressing and zerchering (Go to post)17-11-2011 @ 15:09 
whoa, I've only ever seen zercher's done from a rack pull height. That was awesome, especially when you rested the bar across your legs.

Hurt much?
» Crisps and Chocolate (Go to post)17-11-2011 @ 15:05 
Cuddles said:
I'm not into the dark chocolate ones but I could easily put away 5 or 6 bounties without thinking much about it. I love them with good coffee bizarrely.

It's coconut....they're full of good fats and protein! Eat as many as you fancy

Wink
» No handed squats (Go to post)17-11-2011 @ 14:59 
MattD90 said:I did it in a cage with safety bars, with light weight, it's not like it was a "max" no handed squat. Also it's not like I was showing off to anyone, me and training partner had gym to ourselves.

It's totally uncomparable to circus tricks of balancing loaded bars on feet, chins, or anything else that risks crush injuries. I'd argue that equipped powerlifting probably carries bigger risks, especially benching.

yeah, fair enough, maybe "circus trick" wasn't the best analogy. If you're doing it for a bit of a laugh then that's one thing....which obviously you are....it's when people do exercises like the swiss ball squats on the basis of it activating more muscles fibres, works the core blah blah blah that it really grinds my gears. (I appreciate you never said any of this)

I think I'd be inclined to agree on the equipped lifting comment. After watching Gene Rychlak nearly getting cut in 2 at the Arnold Classic when he tried benching 1015lbs. What's the worst that coulda happened to you?...bar becoming dislodged and sliding down your back. Painful but hardly life threatening.

On the basis that it might not be dangerous after all.....what's your next "trick" gonna be?? Grin

PS. had to link the Rychlak attempt for those who haven't seen it. You got to love the MC's comments towards the end and Triple H's comeback!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHr6uGWXuaQ
» Who can do a backflip? (Go to post)17-11-2011 @ 09:32 
chaos said:No chance, I play rugby and don't want to fcuk it up and wake up gay -- don't think my wife would be overly happy

Hahaa lmao!
» No handed squats (Go to post)17-11-2011 @ 09:28 
Nice form but I've gotta agree with FatPete. It's basically a circus lift that serves no purpose whatsoever other than looking impressive. Kinda reminds me of those divs who do barbell squats on a Swiss ball!! (not saying you're a div btw)

Out of interest how much harder was it than a normal squat with the same weight and do you think if was harder just because the movement was slower?

Si
» muddling along (Go to post)17-11-2011 @ 00:03 
Ever tried the turkish get-ups with a barbell? If not give it a go, miles less room for error and looks proper bad ass!

keep it up,

Si
» Who can do a backflip? (Go to post)16-11-2011 @ 23:39 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:It takes no brains to attempt that!

fixed that for ya! Wink
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)16-11-2011 @ 23:14 
urgh, not feeling exactly spritely for the oly lifts tonight after the trap bar stuff from Monday so went a bit lighter with a bit less volume than normal

Snatch
40 x5
50 x3
60 x3
70 x3 - all power snatches til here
80 x2
90 5s x 1r

Front Squat
60 x5
100 x3
120 x3
140 5s x3r

Think I've been neglecting these are bit as they were harder than they would have been a few weeks ago. Could really feel some of the tightness in my upper back lacking as well, presumably from the trap bar work as well

18in deadlift
100 x5
140 x5
180 x3
200 3x3 - DONE!

Back is pretty sore now, especially the lats and teres major (I'm not an anatomy geek, I had to look it up! Happy )

Now I really think I should look at doing certain lifts on specific days rather than just winging it!
» sports massages (Go to post)15-11-2011 @ 23:48 
I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter apart from as long as it isn't before training...though I don't think you'd fancy training after an hour of being pummelled....even less so if the happy ending is included!!
» any sugdeners strong/clever enough to do this? (Go to post)15-11-2011 @ 23:18 
hahaa, you need to check out his sequel, chainsaw on a string!!

http://youtu.be/GiESLhRJYKU

he's gonna lose an arm one day!!
» sports massages (Go to post)15-11-2011 @ 23:06 
drew said:on the website at work the following was advertised. ive never had one of these before, any good? does this read well to those in the know? is it even a good price?

"Special herb-infused, warm, Ayurvedic oils are used to offer a deeply relaxing, harmonizing, detoxifying and strengthening experience. With winter now here the warm oils leave the skin, muscles and joints feeling supple and revitalised.

The main benefits of deep tissue massage include:
Improves your flexibility and range of movement.
Increases your body's ability to absorb nutrients and vitamins.
Oxygenates your body's cells giving you greater levels of energy.
Can greatly improve your general health, well-being and appearance.
Makes you feel relaxed, refreshed and regenerated.
reduced muscle tension and spasms
better posture
reduced stress and anxiety
Cost for NHS staff £25/60min a massage
(Normal Cost: £35)

Salisbury Holistic Centre
2 Salisbury Rd
EH16 5AB"

opinions greatfully recieved. the way i see it is even if its not a true sports massage it will be nice to be stroked for an hour

I used to have a "proper" sports massage once a week for free in return for services rendered!!! Eek (giving the guy a lift home from the gym)

I don't think I could manage a full hour of sports massage as he used to find knots and adhesions on my back that felt like he was hammering a nail into them when all he was using was his thumbs. That said, after a few weeks a some of the knots being completely dispersed you'd feel awesome and you certainly feel more supple a day or so after you've had one.

If I could afford to pay for them I'd have one regularly.........but I can't......but if you can, then do it, defo!

12345678910 ... ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions