You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts

View All Posts: slimsim

12345678910 ... ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

» Monday's Rant... Weight Classes? (Go to post)05-12-2011 @ 14:05 
Post Edited: 05.12.2011 @ 14:06 PM by slimsim
^ f**king internet is messing with me!
» Monday's Rant... Weight Classes? (Go to post)05-12-2011 @ 14:03 
Post Edited: 05.12.2011 @ 14:08 PM by slimsim
PAGAN said:Not having a dig at you the OP but it always seems to be bigger lads who take issue with weight classes. Under 90K comps have proved to be very popular and bring loads of new blood into the sport which in turn creates more demand for better training facilities , equipment , supplements etc etc which ultimately leads to more sponsorship and money in the sport in general which can only be a good thing in my mind.
» The little things you do to save money (Go to post)04-12-2011 @ 22:20 
Post Edited: 04.12.2011 @ 22:22 PM by slimsim
slimsim said:I'm gonna stop buying food for myself and just live of the leftovers that Jabba leaves on his plate. I wouldn't mind but he eats a greater quantity of food than me in the first place.

I'm sure I'd starve if I really did do this!

Jabba said:
That's so hurtful
Eek

Hahahaa. Now THAT's funny!...........................................................................(probably a little bit true as well) Wink
» The little things you do to save money (Go to post)04-12-2011 @ 21:20 
I'm gonna stop buying food for myself and just live of the leftovers that my kids leave on their plate. I wouldn't mind but they eat better quality food than me in the first place.

I'm sure I'd not starve if I really did do this!
» Phil's lifting (PL/OL and anything else that comes to mind!) (Go to post)04-12-2011 @ 00:16 
PhilKlidaras said:had a nice little session tonight:

rack jerks

3x3w/ 120.....nice and smooth here
5 w/ 110
4w/ 110...f**ked up the the 5th rep because I wasn't concentrating
5w/ 110

box cleans

up to 3w/ 125...PR for a triple

Hi Phil,

That's some fair old volume with the jerks, 5's with the 110 must be a nightmare? Out of interest, can you rack jerk more than you c&j (I've never been able to rev myself with rack jerks like I can with a c&j)

Good work on the PR triple too

Si
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)01-12-2011 @ 15:45 
Post Edited: 01.12.2011 @ 15:45 PM by slimsim
mishima said:That 300lbs clean looked solid!
Whats your absolute pbs in the main lifts, at what bw?

Cheers mishima,

I've cleaned 145kg at 90kg and snatch 108 at 86kg. Let's not talk about jerks Roll-Eyes I've c&j 132.5 at 90kg, but not for about 3-years and to be honest I doubt that it would have passed in comp due to a dodgy lockout which has always been my main problem. I struggling with a jerk of 120 these days even though I still cleaned 142.5 about 3 weeks ago

Hence me switching to strongman......or trying to!

I take it from your avatar and the fact that there's no BP figure in your PB's that you focus 100% on the weightlifting? You look like an 85 lifter from your videos?...SCRATCH THAT...just noticed you're 78kg!!
» Racist bitch (Go to post)01-12-2011 @ 15:22 
ox said:
Same here. My mother was merely the owner of a vagina which I passed though at birth. I owe her nothing.

I bet you just tore that vag right open, showing no respect for it whatsoever as you bust you way out of there didn't ya?!
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)01-12-2011 @ 15:15 
Jabba said:You're s**te and you know you are.

John, the very fact that you've taken time out of your day means that you love me.................................and I love you back!

but I'm the giver!!! OK

Tongue
» what is the average powerlifter/strongman/weightlifter bmi on sugden? (Go to post)01-12-2011 @ 14:45 
slimsim said:
I don't think many SHW's would get very far with a BMI of 30

dr_hazbun said:
That's why the SHWs aren't the best powerlifters about. Most of them are exactly the same height as those in the 100-120 classes but lift similar weights.

Sorry, I probably didn't make my tongue in cheek comment very clear. The reason why I don't think most superheavyweights would get very far with a BMI of 30 is because they wouldn't be SHW's if they did! Someone at 140kg would need to be 7ft tall to have a BMI of 30. Eek

I see your point on relative gains, but the heaviest weight classes still lift the most weight, even if their relative strength is lower. I suppose bodyweight coefficients are relevant in all classes other than the SHW though
» what is the average powerlifter/strongman/weightlifter bmi on sugden? (Go to post)01-12-2011 @ 11:35 
dr_hazbun said:
I was thinking more for the average powerlifter/weightlifter

I'd be surprised if the majority of weightlifters/powerlifters would see 30 as being their ideal bodyweight. Maybe the weight classes around 90-105kg tops, but I'd expect all the other weight classes to be either side.

I don't think many SHW's would get very far with a BMI of 30 Wink
» what is the average powerlifter/strongman/weightlifter bmi on sugden? (Go to post)30-11-2011 @ 23:16 
5'6" and 90kg = 31

my BMI was 38 when I was at my heaviest when bodybuilding, but I looked far better than I do now (according to me) far worse (according to the wife!)
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)30-11-2011 @ 23:07 
what a s**tty session! nuff said....

Snatch
50 x5
60 x3
70 x3
80 1+f+1
80 x3
80 1+f+1
Not missed a snatch with 80kg in about 2-years (if not more). I'm blaming the fact that I tore a callous on my hand when deadlifting on monday and it was paining me a bit making it hard to relax my arms.

Front Squat
80 x5
110 x3
130 x3
150 3s 2r

Bench
60 x8
80 x5
100 x2
115 3x3 (very slight touch on 3rd rep of the 3rd set)
100 2s 6r

I was actually hoping to do 4x4 on the bench at 115kg and there wasn't a hope in hell that it was going to happen. I then decided 5x3 would be more appropriate and still failed on this. Way to go me! lol
» Autumn Budget Update (Go to post)30-11-2011 @ 15:40 
Steve said:
I agree - children at that age are learning machines.
So far this term our school opened a week late because it wasn't built, the teachers have had 3 training days, 2 weeks off on holiday, 2 days off because of electrical problems and only just started the children on books with words in. During the same period my boy has gone through the first 5 levels of the reading scheme at home.
School is undoubtably vital for learning social skills, however I am yet to be convinced of its importance as far as learning goes.

You can hardly blame the teachers on the school not being built or the electrical problems now, can you?!

In relation to him progressing better at home, how are you getting on with words that you can't sound out phonetically, what about his writing skills, mathematics, knowledge of the world? Then as you say, how would he learn how to interact appropriately if home taught full time?

And if you were to try and teach him full time instead of sending him to school how would you earn a living? School may not be vital to learning per se but it is VITAL to learning in a functional society
» Autumn Budget Update (Go to post)30-11-2011 @ 13:40 
Cuddles said:I left a significantly better paid job because I see the importance in what I do. Not for the money, or the pension.

Was it the holidays then? Grin Wink

Who do you think will pay for your retirement? Your children, that's who. f**k them, and you f**k yourselves.

That's what the whole issue is with the defined benefit pension scheme. It's like a great big ponzi scheme that needs more and more people pumping contributions into it as the population ages. Unfortunately, as the population is aging and population growth is fairly stagnant there aren't enough people supporting those in receipt of their benefits. Hence the need for reforms.

I can understand why people aren't happy about the reforms, but as has been said earlier, nobody is forced to work in a specific sector, even education. I have a friend teaching for a private company. He has a degree, PGCE, NVQ level 5 and he's earning £21,000, which is about the starting salary for a teacher these days.

Defined contribution pensions for all, I say. What you are likely to get out is very much depending on what you are willing to put in. Fair's fair
» Autumn Budget Update (Go to post)30-11-2011 @ 12:25 
DomRedshaw said:
and the people who work legitimately and are on benefits bcos there income is so low they still need help.

and those that genuinely are medically unfit for work.

I think the main issue is with the lazy bas***ds who don't want to work so swing the lead with issues such as back pain and depression which are almost impossible to diagnose accurately.

I do actually think the government is making headway in this area. The welfare reform acts earlier this year mean that more people are now assessed on what they can do and not what they can't. The government is also trying to rectify the situation where people are worse off by working, rightly so.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12486158

Problem is, it takes a long time to overhaul a system on a national scale. You can't turn a oiltanker on a tuppence.

12345678910 ... ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions