REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 222 guests
You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts

View All Posts: slimsim

12345678910 ... 380381382 ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

» 180kg squats x 10 (with wraps) (Go to post)26-01-2012 @ 10:46 
Thanks guys, much appreciated that you all took the time to watch the vid and comment. The felt weird compared to my normal high bar a2g squats but it's a work in progress for now.

Luuuuuukey - I'd be too worried about falling on my face at the moment! Maybe in a few months.

Gingy - beast!!! haha, cheers. Not until I can get within 3-4 reps of the likes of bigmacca and shanejer, though. Not sure without the wraps, I did 3x3 with a belt only a couple of months ago and they were easy, fast reps. I think on a day when I'm not coming down with the flu I'd manage 6 maybe, but I think I could've managed 12-13 if I was feeling dodgy last night.
» tonight's squatathon (Go to post)26-01-2012 @ 00:33 
I think you're being a bit hard on yourself mate. You did a s**t load of volume with the squats. Deadlifts were never going to be easy, plus you've maxed out on deadlifts in both of the previous 2 sessions as well!!

Look at andy's spotting. Those squats were so fast that he couldn't keep up with you. That's a very promising sign! Happy
» 180kg squats x 10 (with wraps) (Go to post)26-01-2012 @ 00:04 
brownbear said:
Strong squatting, double bodyweight for 10 reps! Impressive lifting

It's a darn sight easier when you don't weigh much! Happy Thanks buddy.

Gra_Bul said:Nice work Si I'm not jealous at all!!! Wink really solid reps too, is that the first time in wraps then?

Cheers Gra. Yeah, first time I've tried them. Not what I'd call a "pleasant" experience, especially when the pain of the set is over and they need to come off! The plan is to use the wraps maybe once a month to gauge progress in strength/conditioning up to the ESM u90's (if I've got the balls to enter Roll-Eyes )

And if you are jealous, that would be one thing on your list against about 20+ things on my list! Grin Wink
» 180kg squats x 10 (with wraps) (Go to post)25-01-2012 @ 23:29 
Cheers chaps. I've always been a better repper than max lifter, so I'm hoping when I've some more experience with them and aren't feeling fluey I'll start getting a decent number of reps.

I've been reading that ESM u90 thread! Eek
» Olympic Weightlifting Training (Go to post)25-01-2012 @ 23:26 
Brilliant lifting! I wish mine olympic lifts had ever looked that effortless and every single snatch looked identical.

Plus those push presses at the end of the second vid Eek
Christ, everything about it was brilliant
» Ali - 250 kg x 8 Squat Belt Only. (Go to post)25-01-2012 @ 23:10 
I read.....250kg.....8.....teenage years.....Eek

Kinda puts my 10 with 180 in wraps into perspective! I'll take solace in my 40kg lighter bodyweight! Roll-Eyes

That was just frigging beastly!
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)25-01-2012 @ 23:01 
Oxman said:Nice session mate, suprising how quickly phillipi gets tough isn't it?!
I'm pretty confident with all weeks up to week 8 where i need to double 252.5kg - 2 1/2kg under max pb! Not sure how much i'll get out of this second cycle of it but i do like it.

You'll get that lift next week mate, be confident and aggressive with it!

Cheers mate, actually feeling a bit "flu-ey" today, got that achy feeling in my back and sneezing like a good 'un. Hopefully it will pass quickly and won't affect next week. You must be mental running it back to back!!
Eek

Well, after reading all the banter on the ESM u90's thread I thought I'd see what I could manage on the squat. Probably not my greatest idea seeing as I'd already had to ibuprofen myself up cos I was feeling s**tty.

Back squat
60 x10
80 x6
100 x6
130 x4
160 x3
180 x10+1 stumble (wraps and a belt for this set) may have passed in a strongman comp as I didn't need helping with the rep, but from a safety point of view I s**t myself!
180 x10 - better set. Managed to compensate myself from that falling forward sensation. Didn't feel particularly safe walking the bar into the rack. lol

http://youtu.be/K3UEi2aAFg4

Strict Press
40 x8
60 x5
75 5+5+5+5+4 - I couldn't even push press the last rep. I was just absolutely goosed, however, this could well be a set/rep PB so can't complain too much.

Don't think I'll get another session in this week so I least I worked hard and hopefully I would end up with a full blown dose of the flu!
» 180kg squats x 10 (with wraps) (Go to post)25-01-2012 @ 22:53 
Just thought I'd post this up. I know it's nothing extraordinary by a lot of peoples standards on here, but I'm still pretty pleased. The video is actually the second set of 10, which was actually a bit better than the first set.

This is the first time I've worn knee wraps. My legs just felt numb at the end of the set and I was so surprised at how bloody painful they were!

http://youtu.be/K3UEi2aAFg4

As you can see, I was in the safe hands of Milsy and have to thank him as they were his straps and belt (I'm such a cheapskate Grin ).

Hopefully, I'll be able to build up on this over the coming months with a bit of experience in using them. Any advice or comments would be really welcome.

Cheers

Si

PS. if one of the administrators could embed this it would be much appreciated. I'm bloody useful with technology!!
» Wayne says..... (Go to post)25-01-2012 @ 17:19 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:When you let someone cross the road and they deliberately take their time and/or don't bother to acknowledge you.

This pisses me right off! Same as when you let a car out of a junction or you slow down to let a car move lanes and there's no acknowledgement!!

Angry Angry Angry Angry
» Deadlift with straps vs mixed grip (Go to post)25-01-2012 @ 16:36 
Robbo said:With straps, Captain Stiff Leg and hips shooting up

Without straps, hips down more and better form i think

To be honest and it might be my spastic eyes but I don't think there's much difference. I still looks like your hips come up first on the 2nd video, although it's hard to gauge how much with the angle.

Shed loads of weight on the bar though!
» Deadlift with straps vs mixed grip (Go to post)25-01-2012 @ 14:55 
I can hook grip my PB deadlift so needing straps isn't an issue but I always feel like I'm slightly twisted when I lift with a mixed grip.
» "The perfect poop" (Go to post)25-01-2012 @ 00:08 
brownbear said:
Not eating enough!
I've had 6 large, solid pleasant movements today!

6!!! Eek Eek

That's why you weigh 106kg when you look like 120kg. You're f**king hollow!!Grin
» 2012 u90 northern ESM qualifier (Go to post)24-01-2012 @ 18:17 
PAGAN said:For fun what numbers do people think will get you a top 5 in each event? Might help people to see where their at too...

Squat - 12+
Medley - sub 40 seconds
Axle -6+ reps
Yoke -sub 9 seconds
Deadlift -260k+ - this reflects it being the last event.

Obviously these numbers could be blown out of the water with new beast etc.

Really! Just for top 5 Eek

I was thinking of entering with a hope of a mid table performance (delusional maybe Confused ) I think I better start thinking wooden spoon!
» The Thriller From Vanilla Gorilla (Go to post)24-01-2012 @ 18:09 
brownbear said:big session!

All I can think about now is the fat bloke on the WKD adverts, jumping into the jacuzzi.....errr, no homo!

Well done on the bench press PB but that's some serious work on the barbell rows as well. I don't know many people who do actually have closely corresponding figures for bench and rows so it's very nice to see.

Beastly stuff.
» low carb high fat high protien meal ideas? (Go to post)24-01-2012 @ 13:26 
any combination of salmon steak/mackerel/trout with steamed veg....carrots, broccoli, sweetcorn, asparagus, peas, cauliflower, sugar snap peas, asparagus (if you can cope with your piss stinking!), any salad veg.

Great for the essential fats and plenty of micro-nutrients to.

12345678910 ... 380381382 ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions