REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 230 guests
You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts

View All Posts: slimsim

12345678910 ... 379380381 ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

» Recent Videos (Go to post)27-01-2012 @ 16:21 
Lovely 270kg deadlift.
I can't help noticing that those young ladies in the background were impressed.......or scared.
» does anybody worry about there health (Go to post)27-01-2012 @ 15:24 
kirkynick said:Without trying to be a morbid bas***d I shall repeat the list i posted on Brownbears' journal of powerlifters that have died relatively young:

"But i can name quite a few powerlifters who have died relatively young, but most were SHW. Here are just a few from memory:-

- Doyle Kennady, 1978, 1980 IPF SHW World Champ died in his 50s (I think)
- Lee Moran, 1984 IPF SHW World Champ died in his 40s
- Cees de Vreugd who won the 1985 IPF SHW World Champs (before being banned for doping) died at 47.
- OD Wilson 1988 IPF SHW World Champ died at 37
- Steve Zetolofsky - British SHW champ died in his 40s I think.
- Jon Pall Sigmarrson - WSM winner and Nordic powerlifting champion died at 33ish
- Anthony Clark - SHW powerlifter, 800 lb bench presser died at 38
- Nick Winters - SHW bencher, 650 lbs bench died at 29
- Matt Dimmel - SHW powerlifter, Westside lifter died at 33"

FFS why oh why would you post this on someone journal? Were you trying to right royally s**t him up?!

What next, a list of 28 strongmen who prolapsed their anuses whilst lifting the stones?!!! Grin
» THE DRAGON 2.0 (Go to post)27-01-2012 @ 15:20 
I thought I'd pop in and make some comment about you being the original northern beast, yet in the last 4 pages of your journal there's been no numbers to comment on!

It's been mega entertaining though!
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)27-01-2012 @ 14:36 
Bruce said:Dint realise it was ur I was talking to last week till gra told me today, awsome squating by the way, hope ur going in for northern mate.

Cheers Liam, I'm more than likely going to get my name down in the next few weeks. I need to make sure I can flip a bloody tyre first! lol

shanejer said:Nice repping and BIG 18"...

Another northen beast !

Thanks Shane, I think I'm a long way off "beast" status at the moment. Maybe "mini-beast" for now.....beast in 12-months........MEGA beast in 2-years!!!! (or maybe notGrin )
» getting stronger (Go to post)26-01-2012 @ 21:01 
Nice! I was just about to say that it was easy and there was definitely more there, but then saw that you'd already written that!
» Tyre flipping advice (Go to post)26-01-2012 @ 20:34 
Have you ever tried a tyre before fella? I ask only because I tried one (about 320kg I think) for the first time last week. Now it was quite wet and I didn't have particularly grippy trainers on but it f**ked me over big time!

Your deadlift is miles higher than mine so I'm sure you'll cope with it easily, but my experience would say definitely try and get some practice in beforehand....then get a video up of you flipping it easily and piss me right off!! Grin Wink
» 300kg deadlift 18 years old (Go to post)26-01-2012 @ 18:16 
Nice! Gotta love the old "pah, I can stand here with this all day" bit at the end!! Grin Wink

Good work fella.
» Return to strongman. (Go to post)26-01-2012 @ 15:52 
Oxman said:No sscv this morning as my foot (the one i crushed with atlas stone) swelled up last night for first time in about a year. Swelling gone this morning but a little painful so didn't fancy running or weighted walking with it. I'm pressing later so didn't want to push my luck, hopefully the cissus will kick in and start to help tendonitis this week too.

Hope the swelling goes down quickly matey. I'd hate to see anything stop you get that 200+ squat.

I've never heard of cissus before. Is it a prescription med?
» 180kg squats x 10 (with wraps) (Go to post)26-01-2012 @ 13:39 
Rodger said:
seen that on your vids back in Novemeber thats pretty good progress since fella
Happy

Thanks Rodger, but honestly, I don't think I've progress much at all since them. I think the wraps helped an awful lot and I wasn't really pushing it on the 3x3 vid whereas I'd have died trying to do another rep yesterday!

Now that I'm definitely moving away from oly lifting I'm hoping that I will start making some decent strength gains on my deads and squats. 180x16 in May (finger crossed)
» 100kg jerk (Go to post)26-01-2012 @ 12:50 
Can't see the vid on FB. If it's a proper jerk then well done. Near a damn it 1.5xBW
» 180kg squats x 10 (with wraps) (Go to post)26-01-2012 @ 12:44 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Nice lifting! Happy

Thanks Wayne, I've still not got the bottle to try more than 100kg on zerchers though cos it hurts too much!

milsy said:If I was you I would be leaving that session with a lot of confidence you hit 2x10x180 without training upto it was gott time in proper wraps and you felt ill and have trained heavier than normal last few session

Just wait till your well you have got used to tech in wraps and you have my growing nose tork in your face haa

I think it's knocked the stuffing out of me. I'm all lemsipped and ibuprofened up today. I'll look forward to the nose tork, I don't think! (can't be any worse a sensation than the wraps though)

Thanks for the help last night buddy. The verbal cues really helped me crank out the last few reps Happy
» 180kg squats x 10 (with wraps) (Go to post)26-01-2012 @ 12:00 
NickR said:Funnily enough theres very few people on this site around your bodyweight that can do a legimate wrapped set of 10 to depth @double bodyweight.

Good work.

Really? They seem to be ten a penny. Everywhere I look people are lighter than me and out squatting me my loads........and let's not even talk about deadlifts or bench! Roll-Eyes

Thanks for the compliment and watching
» Time to Learn Weightlifting (Go to post)26-01-2012 @ 11:55 
Hello mate,

Just looking at the previous session with the jerks and c&j's. I don't know how true it is but some of the really experienced guys I train(ed) with use to say that anything under 75% of your 1RM on either the snatch or c&j doesn't really improve technique to any great degree because the overall stimulation isn't great enough to be comparable to a top end lift. I've no idea where they got this from, but based on Abadjiev's training philosophy of working at maximum or near maximum levels they could be right.

If the 80kg was only failed due to lack of commitment then 75% of that would be 60kg. Might be worth considering doing the bulk of your sets with at least this weight?

It's such a bloody mind game with olympic weightlifting too. I'd talk myself out of more lifts than I'd talk myself in to. My biggest piece of advice would be that if you're having a bad day, just walk away from the bar and do something else. You don't want to start associating certain weights with failure. Other than that, just be positive and throw that bar through the roof!
» Olympic Weightlifting Training (Go to post)26-01-2012 @ 11:07 
sexymikehowarth said:
Apparentely we've met, thanks for enjoying me do my thing... And the big compliments!
Re the snatches and good technique, I was very very surprised at how I was able to confidently move as haven't do any weightlifting in a year or so
My snatching is pretty flawless technically on these
I'd love to get a big push press when my dicky leg is less dicky

Hi Mike,

We've not really met, although I was down at OSG on Saturday with milsy. I was the other guy spotting him on squats.

I'd have introduced myself but was feeling somewhat like the new, decidedly weak, new kid at school!!
» 180kg squats x 10 (with wraps) (Go to post)26-01-2012 @ 11:04 
PAGAN said:Don't enter the Northerns comp. It will be s**t and you wont enjoy it...

FFS , I just dropped another point in the squat event Unhappy

Excellent squatting mateGrin

hahaa, cheers Pagan

You'll be glad to know that I was fit for f**k all after this, so it doesn't bode well for any events after the squat! i might just focus on this for 5 months and then feign injury in the comp. Wink Grin

12345678910 ... 379380381 ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions