REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 148 guests
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitGym wankers.

Gym wankers.

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

ozzieIcon...28-05-2011 @ 19:37 
in the RAF not black sabbath
Member 595, 516 posts
SQ 170, BP 132.5, DL 230
532.5 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
you mean its not a curling rack?

dam no wonder my squats are so s**t, had no idea there was a rack for this kinda s**t
IainKendrickIcon...28-05-2011 @ 20:23 
some nice relaxing jazz.
Member 77, 12599 posts
SQ 265, BP 165, DL 280
710.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Cuddles said:
And you think they are the wa**ers?

Well they think he is Grin
SparrowIcon...28-05-2011 @ 23:53 
always lookIng for the extra UT2 work.
Member 9, 18279 posts
SQ 210, BP 167.5, DL 260
637.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
Cannot lift an atlas stone = GYM wa**er!
alex_taitIcon...28-05-2011 @ 23:59 
Member 1629, 522 posts
People who see you put the plates onto the bar and then unload them all off when they see you going to the water fountain are the worst.
n1ckIcon...30-05-2011 @ 08:58 
I don't have a plunger !
Member 2187, 334 posts
SQ 155, BP 117.5, DL 190
462.5 kgs @ 82kgs UnEq
The padding on one of the benches in my gym was taken off the other day to be re-covered and somebody decided they were still going to lay on the metal frame and bench press on it anyway, as he only had one 5kg plate on each side I guess it wouldn't hurt your back too much. Verdict: not really a wa**er just a...muppet!!
davycummingsIcon...30-05-2011 @ 09:46 
he's got betty davis eyes
Member 1684, 6001 posts
SQ 250, BP 186, DL 291
727.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
I just get wound up by people complaining. The most iritating ones have been:

People moaning that we dont have loads of expensive single station machines, and in particular moaning that we didn't spend £4000 on a new leg press machine, and instead waited a few weeks to have new parts made for the old one, cost £30.

Leaving stuff out all over the place, especially leaving empty water bottles and energy drink cans laying around.

Mixing protein shakes with water in the bathroom and getting half the powder in the sink and not cleaning it, expecially chocolate ones, looks like someone has been s**tting in the sink.

We have basic multi purpose kit, and members are expected to clean up after themselves. This makes it cheap for everyone to train. I believe neglecting what is our only real rule makes people wa**ers.

I dont care what people wear, or if they just want to do curls. I dont care if the assist reps, and if they want to half squat it bothers me a bit, but its up to them.

Setting up a bench on the only deadlift platform, or standing swinging a kettlebell there is a problem though. Plenty space for that anywhere else, but nowhere else to deadlift. Selfish = not ok
ThingIcon...30-05-2011 @ 09:50 
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
davy get it sorted. BAN them Wink Wink
LukeCIcon...30-05-2011 @ 11:26 
The one in the guns and roses teeshirt.
Member 171, 2462 posts
SQ 272.5, BP 140, DL 245
657.5 kgs @ 80.2kgs Eq
I hesitated in contributing to this thread since most of it seemed to be bashing people without good reason. However having trained at a commercial gym (Fitness First), the good old Sugden Centre and now a bodybuilding gym I think Ive seen just about everything.

Normally I dont care what anyone else does, each to their own and all that. But sometimes, like today, people are beyond rude. The type of rudeness people would not tolerate anywhere.

Today being a case in point. Me and my training partner, Elliot, get to the gym. We are starting with squats. When we get there two guys are using the rack to squat in. Not a problem obviously. While we are warming up near the rack they walk off from the rack. Elliot asks them if they are finished squatting.

Conversation then goes a little something like this:
Guy: Yeah mate im done. (Leaving 140kg on the bar)
Elliot: Do you mind taking your plates off the bar then? There are signs everywhere.
Guy: Im done on the rack though.
Elliot: Yeah I know that, we want to squat with a different bar so do you mind putting your weights away.
Guy: Oh, well I had just left the plates on there if someone wanted to use them.
Elliot: Yeah well we are going to be using them but not straight away, who is going to walk in and start squatting 140kg?

This back and forth continues...then eventually:
Guy: Sorry King of the Squat.

Him and his mate then deload the bar and walk off. What a dick. It wasnt just his not deloading the bar, nobody is perfect at doing that. It was his attitude in almost refusing to deload the bar and his s**tty explanation for not doing so.
PompyIcon...30-05-2011 @ 11:30 
My opinions have run their course
Member 694, 3112 posts
LukeC said:I hesitated in contributing to this thread since most of it seemed to be bashing people without good reason. However having trained at a commercial gym (Fitness First), the good old Sugden Centre and now a bodybuilding gym I think Ive seen just about everything.

Normally I dont care what anyone else does, each to their own and all that. But sometimes, like today, people are beyond rude. The type of rudeness people would not tolerate anywhere.

Today being a case in point. Me and my training partner, Elliot, get to the gym. We are starting with squats. When we get there two guys are using the rack to squat in. Not a problem obviously. While we are warming up near the rack they walk off from the rack. Elliot asks them if they are finished squatting.

Elliot: Do you mind taking your plates off the bar then? There are signs everywhere.
Elliot: Yeah I know that, we want to squat with a different bar so do you mind putting your weights away.
Guy: Oh, well I had just left the plates on there if someone wanted to use them.
Elliot: Yeah well we are going to be using them but not straight away, who is going to walk in and start squatting 140kg?

Him and his mate then deload the bar and walk off. What a dick. It wasnt just his not deloading the bar, nobody is perfect at doing that. It was his attitude in almost refusing to deload the bar and his s**tty explanation for not doing so.

i am constantly reminding people at the naval base gym to do this... the good thing being as it is a military establishment (but obviously not wearing uniform in the gym).... they dont know what rank i am and as such dont really have a comeback, and if they do refuse which they have once, i just told him to do it directly and he didnt have a choice anymore.
people just do not think or are too lazy.
brocerslrdIcon...30-05-2011 @ 11:35 
Conan likes to listen to music
Member 1155, 3461 posts
SQ 150, BP 110, DL 210
470.0 kgs @ 88.8kgs UnEq
I have the same problem and it drive me mad Dave. Tend to spend a few mins just picking plates up and/or unloading bars.

Worst offenders.......What you dark blue guys call club swingers
ReevesyIcon...30-05-2011 @ 11:51 
Member 2141, 289 posts
SQ 140, BP 120, DL 200
460.0 kgs @ 114kgs UnEq
king of the squat, LMFAO.

i had some bloke ask me if he could use the rack i was in since it had a mirror as i was doing paused squats, i said jump in if you want and i get a s**tty look and the reply of
'naa i actually wanna get some weight on the bar'
ended up watching and sn***ering at him doing his quarter rep squats, literally.
prat lol
PompyIcon...30-05-2011 @ 11:52 
Member 694, 3112 posts
Club swingers yeah are a nightmare. In our gym it has been kitted out crossfit style which is not bad to me, but there are only two big teles for music so you have to listen to HITS or VIVA....., so I take headphones.... but the club swingers have a massive HIFI on wheels that they bring in for their workouts! and they play it f**king loud so headphones are useless against it.

and yeah i often just tidy up the place too as it sets a good example.
PompyIcon...30-05-2011 @ 11:53 
Member 694, 3112 posts
Reevesy said:
'naa i actually wanna get some weight on the bar'
ended up watching and sn***ering at him doing his quarter rep squats, literally.
prat lol

what a f**king arrogant prick
just_tIcon...30-05-2011 @ 12:11 
Mr.Fit
Member 164, 5028 posts
SQ 170, BP 135, DL 230
535.0 kgs @ 84kgs UnEq
Reminds me of this wnker in my old gym.

Couple of young pakistani lads keeping themselves to themselves training and this bald meathead cnut decides to come in and shout "It's turning into a fkin mosque in here" The lads didnt say anything as he is the king of guy who would look for an excuse to attack them.

Another time I was squatting and he came over and took a plate off the bar just as i had done a set. I said woah im using that mate and he had a right go at me saying i cant use all the weights in the gym (i wasnt) i stood my ground and he stormed off shouting! Thought he was going to try and hit me! Absolute c**t. Not frightened by him but I know he would kick 10 bells of sh1t out of me lol
milsyIcon...30-05-2011 @ 12:20 
Ne n coner a fuickex .ay ouse part we .be
Member 1425, 4647 posts
SQ 340, BP 227.5, DL 335
902.5 kgs @ 125kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 30.05.2011 @ 12:21 PM by milsy
LukeC said:I hesitated in contributing to this thread since most of it seemed to be bashing people without good reason. However having trained at a commercial gym (Fitness First), the good old Sugden Centre and now a bodybuilding gym I think Ive seen just about everything.

that gym is actully getting worse i had the same convesation with a guy about leaving that s**t little shrug frame fully loaded in the midle of the platform to which he started saying s**t to me

last week wasnt too bad most of the usual suspects have come off there cycles and have gone back to wearing joggers and hoodies and walk round with there heads down and dont feel the need to scream BIG CHEST or BIG LEGS every 5 minutes

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitGym wankers.
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions