REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 222 guests
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitcoronavirus

coronavirus

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

12345678910 ... 222324 ... 153154155156157158159160161162163

lukiIcon...29-03-2020 @ 02:16 
Member 5517, 1538 posts
SQ 160, BP 165, DL 201
526.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
WILLSAN said:no new cases for china?

If it’s true that 56,007 died there with the level of lockdown China did, I don’t fancy Europe’s chances.
I heard North Korea had mass burning of the infected from a cousin based in Seoul. South Korea is in total lockdown for 6 weeks already. Groceries are delivered by the state and the city is spraying everything with chlorine.
WILLSANIcon...29-03-2020 @ 10:03 
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
blog making a well sourced argument for 'its only/not even the flu'.

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR2cK8pAQVxf6C5_gzqfrv-5Ng9QWwacoSNHg1WovsMI2dBk-Yz908IiLeQ

has the world just committed economic harakiri because it was scared of the common cold?

Confused
matthewvcIcon...29-03-2020 @ 12:11 
‘downsizing’
Member 5704, 3230 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
WILLSAN said:blog making a well sourced argument for 'its only/not even the flu'.

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR2cK8pAQVxf6C5_gzqfrv-5Ng9QWwacoSNHg1WovsMI2dBk-Yz908IiLeQ

has the world just committed economic harakiri because it was scared of the common cold?

Confused

the longer the lockdown the more severe the immediate unrest (see southern Italy)
and the deeper the economic depression . We need to stop this idea the economy is going spring instantly back like a factory after a 2 week summer hols shutdown.

The tinfoil hat wearing cynic in me is starting to think the government are delaying antibody testing because of the ramifications if it aligns with that oxford uni epidemiology paper - namely: this has infected a significant proportion already and the death rate is nowhere near 3-4%.

I can imagine there’ll be a huge risk of social unrest if it turns out we’ve all been locked down for weeks, lost jobs, businesses, and likely signed ourselves up for the mother of all austerity for the next decade over something little worse than the flu.

Disclaimer: this is public perception of ‘just the flu’- as I posted earlier, the normal boring seasonal flu at peak causes 1000+ deaths a week and strains the NHS like nothing else, so another similarly destructive epidemic hitting it on top is going to overwhelm it - there is good argument to be extremely defensive against covid
WILLSANIcon...29-03-2020 @ 12:44 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
matthewvc said:
the longer the lockdown the more severe the immediate unrest (see southern Italy)
and the deeper the economic depression . We need to stop this idea the economy is going spring instantly back like a factory after a 2 week summer hols shutdown.
The tinfoil hat wearing cynic in me is starting to think the government are delaying antibody testing because of the ramifications if it aligns with that oxford uni epidemiology paper - namely: this has infected a significant proportion already and the death rate is nowhere near 3-4%.
I can imagine there’ll be a huge risk of social unrest if it turns out we’ve all been locked down for weeks, lost jobs, businesses, and likely signed ourselves up for the mother of all austerity for the next decade over something little worse than the flu.
Disclaimer: this is public perception of ‘just the flu’- as I posted earlier, the normal boring seasonal flu at peak causes 1000+ deaths a week and strains the NHS like nothing else, so another similarly destructive epidemic hitting it on top is going to overwhelm it - there is good argument to be extremely defensive against covid

couldnt agree more.

the only thing I am certain about is the economic storm that is coming.

with pretty much every government spinning the information this way and that its almost impossible to get a clear picture of the situation.

the sources I generally go to and trust generally will usually come up with two, maybe three different narratives about geopolitical events which you can weigh up. but on this I have like five different working theories, each wildly different to each other, on what is really going on.
billynomatesIcon...29-03-2020 @ 13:47 
Member 4923, 1795 posts
WILLSAN said:blog making a well sourced argument for 'its only/not even the flu'.

Confused

Very interesting, thanks Will.

But it has made me more confused about everything. I feel the herd immunity approach could well be the correct approach(once the vulnerable are protected), but is politically unpopular. Here in Ireland: 2 weeks ago it was expected there would be 15,000 cases by the end of March. As of right now there are 2,415. Quite a shortfall eh?
The_Lone_WolfIcon...29-03-2020 @ 15:00 
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2997 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
WILLSAN said:https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-27/stacks-of-urns-i...

no new cases for china?

How much do you think they’re not telling us?

Lots of info suggesting that they tried to cover this up at the start, people who were whistle blowing have been purged, cases being covered up etc etc...

Of course, with no pun intended, there will always be lots of Chinese whispers, but with Donald calling it the China virus, there is a large population of people solely blaming China for this.
WILLSANIcon...29-03-2020 @ 18:41 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
The_Lone_Wolf said:
How much do you think they’re not telling us?
Lots of info suggesting that they tried to cover this up at the start, people who were whistle blowing have been purged, cases being covered up etc etc...
Of course, with no pun intended, there will always be lots of Chinese whispers, but with Donald calling it the China virus, there is a large population of people solely blaming China for this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8163767/Downing-Street-say...

who knows? this is from the [entirely unverified] source of the bioweapon story.

The Chinese have given up on containing the virus. They have decided to let the virus spread through their population and let the chips fall where they will. This is why the Chinese expelled The Washington Post, The Times and the Wall Street Journal. With what is coming they do not want the press around to see the body bags and other things. Simply put unless a vaccine is developed this is the storm. China has already passed over a million dead and after that what is the point in counting. The Chinese are lying about things not to deceive the west but to try and hold their own country together long enough for something to change. If the Chinese people understood there is no cure and no real way to stop the biological weapon their scientists and the Russians created. Well I will let you use your imagination. The problem is this weapon mutates and each new solution only results in only dealing with an increasingly small subset in the epidemic. The Chinese, Americans, and Russians are working behind the scenes to keep things under control and the lies and noble. There is far more a stake here than the truth. The increasing danger now is with the pandemic reaching dangerous levels in the U.S. someone will become unhinged and doing something unsound.

The Chinese and Russian scientist who created this monster will hopefully burn in hell.

unrest in china..

when was the last time you saw chinese citizens fighting against the state like that?

also seen posts [again unverified] claiming that infighting has started within the chinese communist party with different factions trying to oust xi.

not sure how true all this is but time will tell I guess.
dannyboy73Icon...29-03-2020 @ 18:53 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 29.03.2020 @ 19:03 PM by dannyboy73
like that. never.

Im now as interested in what happens in Sweden as Spain and Italy...but as for heard immunity... Id still isolate my family, we are not 'heard sheep' and we are locked down for at least 3 months unless we get the 'have already had it' result from the impending tests we are being developed as we type. that was a long sentence...

Im also concerned about the reports that are now coming out of Italy observing increasing amounts of people as young as 30 that are now being hospitalised. I can put saving for my families future on hold and eat into my reserves..

WILLSAN said:
unrest in china..

when was the last time you saw chinese citizens fighting against the state like that?
WILLSANIcon...30-03-2020 @ 10:00 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
https://gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/044/173/137/original/0607db05bb383bf5.jpeg?1585467152
lukiIcon...30-03-2020 @ 10:20 
Member 5517, 1538 posts
SQ 160, BP 165, DL 201
526.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
WILLSAN said:
couldnt agree more.
the only thing I am certain about is the economic storm that is coming.

I'm not sure there will be the storm expected. Post War economies tend to go into massive borrow and build. Its why the USA is always at war, building weapons, planes, vechicles.

Less martial countries could come out of this and start building hospitals, invest in heathcare training and infrastructure and medical equipment production to stimulate employmnet straight away. The spirit alchohol industry here has already converted to hand sanitizer.

Capitalism is good at adapting. Lets just hope the government doesn't start bailing out banks with taxpayers money and tying us into propping up the old stalwarts of the stock exchange. Trump is nuts for not letting the deadwood companies die. No bank bailout 2.0.
WILLSANIcon...30-03-2020 @ 12:27 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
luki said:
I'm not sure there will be the storm expected. Post War economies tend to go into massive borrow and build. Its why the USA is always at war, building weapons, planes, vechicles.
Less martial countries could come out of this and start building hospitals, invest in heathcare training and infrastructure and medical equipment production to stimulate employmnet straight away. The spirit alchohol industry here has already converted to hand sanitizer.
Capitalism is good at adapting. Lets just hope the government doesn't start bailing out banks with taxpayers money and tying us into propping up the old stalwarts of the stock exchange. Trump is nuts for not letting the deadwood companies die. No bank bailout 2.0.

we cant borrow our way out of this. the world has been on the the greatest debt binge humanity has ever seen. a system has been created which does not work under normal economic rules. its all gone now and its not coming back. the worlds currencies will debase themselves into oblivion and the only solution will be a global currency reset. and God willing a return to the gold standard.

what I see coming is a time of great change which will be hard for everyone who cannot adjust quickly to events or cant accept that what once was, will not be again. however, as you say captalism is adaptable - I have seen many examples of it already in this situation. these kind of times bring opportunity and after a lot of hardship we have the potential to create a much fairer system than the one we have lived our lives under until now.

I could be wrong but this is what I am now preparing for.
NimbleIcon...30-03-2020 @ 13:28 
woefully weak
Member 4748, 1506 posts
SQ 157, BP 133, DL 260
550.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
WILLSAN said:
we cant borrow our way out of this. the world has been on the the greatest debt binge humanity has ever seen. a system has been created which does not work under normal economic rules. its all gone now and its not coming back. the worlds currencies will debase themselves into oblivion and the only solution will be a global currency reset. and God willing a return to the gold standard.
what I see coming is a time of great change which will be hard for everyone who cannot adjust quickly to events or cant accept that what once was, will not be again. however, as you say captalism is adaptable - I have seen many examples of it already in this situation. these kind of times bring opportunity and after a lot of hardship we have the potential to create a much fairer system than the one we have lived our lives under until now.
I could be wrong but this is what I am now preparing for.

I think you are likely right. My opinion is there will probably have to be a Breton woods type reinvention of the world economic system
DeanW92Icon...30-03-2020 @ 19:35 
Member 4496, 1446 posts
SQ 240, BP 200, DL 300
740.0 kgs @ 112kgs UnEq
Well the death toll here has fallen the last 2 days so it will be interesting to see if this continues or if it will shoot back up
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...30-03-2020 @ 19:49 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22057 posts
Saw the trail of an aeroplane today, which surprised me.
BodIcon...30-03-2020 @ 20:35 
Member 174, 1236 posts
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Saw the trail of an aeroplane today, which surprised me.

Why did it surprise you?

12345678910 ... 222324 ... 153154155156157158159160161162163

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitcoronavirus
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions