REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 55 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForummatthewvc → View All Posts

View All Posts: matthewvc

12345678910 ... ... 181182183184185186187188189190191

» BSM 2020 (Go to post)12-12-2019 @ 10:32 
AdamT said:I think young luke will make top 5

Or at least push very close!

Got a feeling this guy might go all the way to the very top in time!

yep, he's a very driven guy.
I remember seeing him as an 18 year old at maybe his first competition in Yorkshire
(i was there helping another lifter, think was YNEPF at 'Fight Science, Morley') take biggest lifter of the day.
You could see the potential back then.
» 120kg log at 79kg bodyweight (Go to post)02-12-2019 @ 01:41 
Post Edited: 02.12.2019 @ 01:43 AM by matthewvc
Looked so easy. I didn’t realise the first lift was the 120kg until I watched the whole video wondering ‘where’s the 120?’ then rewatched and noticed the caption at start. according to google the WR is 137kg at under 80kg.
» Eddie's 500 to go..? (Go to post)01-12-2019 @ 16:31 
Post Edited: 01.12.2019 @ 16:31 PM by matthewvc
I don’t think his opener (435) moved quickly enough to warrant such a jump (straight to 501).
I remember Eddie taking 465kg prior to the 500 and it looked like a speed rep.
» Eddie's 500 to go..? (Go to post)01-12-2019 @ 15:37 
First attempt to knees, second attempt stapled to ground (understandable with such an effort). Looked better in training when he attempted it on normal thin plates. Got it into hitching range and looked like he blacked out or overbalanced.
» New All Time Total WR. (Go to post)26-11-2019 @ 14:26 
slimsim said:Hell fire!

He doesn't even look that massive either. Certainly not Hixxy big.

Hopefully Mr Hicks will be able to break this at his next comp anyway Happy

Daniel bell is enormous. over 400lbs bw.
There's a pic of him stood next to malanichev and he dwarfs him.
He's just not as jacked as some of the other SHW.
» Jellied Eel (Go to post)13-11-2019 @ 20:10 
Despite being a Lancastrian, I never ate tripe until thailand - it’s something my wife has made me as a pad krapow (spicy basil dish). not a big fan of it tbh (too rubbery)

One to try if you’re in the country is ‘gai teen’ aka chicken feet. not nicest to look at with the claws sticking out the sauce but the meat is very flavoursome.
» Online Strongman Games thread (Go to post)06-11-2019 @ 11:35 
AdamT said:Time for a bold claim

If Mr Richardson remains injury free, he will win Wsm and will likely become the strongest guy to ever come out of the uk

He is already so f**king strong and still a kid in this game

His potential is f**king mind boggling!

was thinking how every decent strongman who has a go a PL does amazingly well.
is strongman training is inherently better than traditional PL training,
in terms of it builds a better base for the 3 lifts (conditioning levels are so much better)
or.. do the more genetically gifted strength-wise choose strongman?

thor - 1100kg total
loz - once held the all time UK (with easy looking lifts)
hicks - 1100kg +90kg on the all time UK
eddie - would without a shadow of doubt totalled 1200kg at his peak
luke - ok, started in PL, but I bet if he comes back he'll no doubt annihilate records.
» The Game Changers (Netflix) (Go to post)05-11-2019 @ 15:40 
Paul_D said:Seems to be ‘popular’ right now....

I struggle to see why.

We were literally made to eat meat.

Yes we've evolved to need a series of nutrients that can
only be provided by animal/animal derived products.

I'm dubious about many famous 'vegan' athletes (patrik baboumain is one that springs to mind here)
as much of their training and rise their current level, has been done on an Omni diet or they're banging
that most vegan of supplements 'trenbolona' in their ass which pushes nutrient partitioning so far beyond
natural levels that arguing what amino profile a protein source becomes somewhat moot.
» Big Raw Dogs 4 (Go to post)01-11-2019 @ 22:05 
2 hours to go.. Missus bizarrely thinks I’m going to drive to Bangkok with her to buy some stock for her shop. “Mai khap tee rak, tuun nii duu big dogs see khap”
» Eddie's 500 to go..? (Go to post)29-10-2019 @ 08:56 
Amazing how much it’s progressed.
When I first started lifting about 15 years ago the record was low 900lbs by Garry Frank and had barely moved since the first 900 pounder in the early 80s. Not sure if the strongman straps variety was bigger, remember WSM being more about reps then.
» Big Raw Dogs 4 (Go to post)24-10-2019 @ 11:29 
DeanW92 said:His coach said a perfect day would see him hit;
440Sq 290B 412.5DL
Total 1142.5

I think he will squat 440 but not sure in the bench and deadlift. Grip is possibly the main issue on deadlift as he dropped 410 a few week ago?

I think 440kg is easily there based on how quick the 420kg flew up.
bench and deadlift will depend on how much squatting takes out.
none of his training lifts have looked like psyche-up max efforts (280kg bench was about the hardest i've seen),
so hopefully more to come on comp day with all the adrenaline flowing.

potential to become "The Lasha of Powerlifting".
» Big Raw Dogs 4 (Go to post)23-10-2019 @ 11:54 
looking forward to this meet.
been watching a few competitors' training on IG/Youtube - some massive lifts going on in preparation
what's everyone's thoughts on this?

sugden's own, graham hicks: massive total - easily going to shatter UK record, possibly even close to malanichev's 1140kg ATWR. every week he seems to add 20kg to his squat.

dylan 'the hellraiser': same - if he can get his bench north of 250kg, another ATWR potential.

the ukranian monster pavlo - probably the most genetic freakishly big person i've seen. 1100kg+ potential.

belkin - apparently 'bulked' to 105kg. training vids have been all easy looking efforts, keeping his cards close to chest.
will be interesting how he fares against the behemoths. maybe 1100kg?
» Koklyaev vs A. Emelianenko (Go to post)14-10-2019 @ 16:26 
billynomates said:Whats Emelianenko's ground game like? Maybe Misha can take the fight to the floor and use his supreme mauling abilities. Emelia is a scary dude, agree with him that its silly for Misha to get involved in MMA at this level, theres just too much risk of serious injury.

Edit: Apologies, its a boxing match. Hard to see Misha having any chance unless he lands a lucky punch. Emelia also has Steven Seagal coaching him apparently

steven seagal coaching him in what? bad acting
» Reducing plastic waste (Go to post)20-09-2019 @ 08:35 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Are you making any effort?

Not in Thailand. I alway get a plastic bag even if it’s just a 10 baht bottle (plastic) of chocolate milk.

These eco extremists ‘extinction rebellion’ etc are just pushing a far left/marxist, anti-capitalist agenda under the auspices of climate change with ‘saint Greta’ as their figurehead. was back in Leeds the week they blocked neville street (one of main streets into town) with their antics. In Thailand the cops would have water cannon and baton rounded their camp and cleared that road within an hour.
» Suspend Parliament...Now what ? (Go to post)07-09-2019 @ 19:49 
Post Edited: 07.09.2019 @ 19:50 PM by matthewvc
Boris wandering around Morley getting heckled was partridge-esque (farmer episode springs to mind ‘Oi partridge you wa**er!’) I know Queen street well, as my last gf (before I married) had a thai massage shop down there. I wonder if Boris went in for a ‘happy ending’?

12345678910 ... ... 181182183184185186187188189190191

You are here: HomeForummatthewvc → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto