REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 76 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForummatthewvc → View All Posts

View All Posts: matthewvc

12345678910 ... ... 185186187188189190191192193194195

» Supercharger (Go to post)19-01-2021 @ 22:20 
Post Edited: 19.01.2021 @ 22:21 PM by matthewvc
JCarter123 said:I donít know much about cars but I have an RS3 (2012, automatic). Would it be better to get a stage 3 tuning or pony up and get an RS6?

Basically, that ~1 second to change down gears when you put the foot down feels like an age.

RS6 for sure over a highly strung RS3.
Although being biased, Iíd say the M5 is even better - a remap away from being over 700bhp. Youíre going to be scaring aventadors at that level in a car you take your gran shopping in
» Supercharger (Go to post)18-01-2021 @ 23:08 
PeteHodgson said:Anyone supercharged a Lexus is200?
No mention of American presidents or Covid please :-)
(I canít see this being a very big thread tbh!)

Arenít they Naturally aspirated?
Always prefer a turbo over a supercharger as they donít incur the parasitic loss a supercharger does and just seem a lot simpler to setup. Can imagine a NA engine wonít be setup to deal with the significantly different levels of pressure (pistons are probably quite high compression etc).. Iíd get the engine fully forged with lower compression pistons, beefed up rods, ported head and better valve train and cams.. something like a Garrett GT3582 or Precision 6466 turbo on a 2L engine is immense
» Eddie Hall vs Thor BjŲrnsson boxing match (Go to post)16-01-2021 @ 14:15 
Funky_monkey said:Watched the video of Thor vs Ward. No technique, very slow on his feet. I see Hall smashing Thor's ribs in during the first round if they have a proper fight and not an exhibition style thingy.

Hall looks significantly faster, both on his feet and hand speed on his recent training vids compared to that ponderous outing. canít see past Hall if they fight properly.
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)13-01-2021 @ 22:43 
Post Edited: 13.01.2021 @ 22:45 PM by matthewvc
Fatpete said:
Pointless tonight asked "name a UK city with a "T", "O" or "P" in its name"
Salford scored two

Not many realise Salford is its own city separate from Manchester. Lived there for a while
and one problem is Salford has, is it doesnít really have a Ďcity centreí of any note.. the precinct is about as good as it gets (or ďSalford shopping cityĒ as itís been renamed)
» US Presidency (Go to post)13-01-2021 @ 22:05 
https://whoissamjarvis.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/tumblr_oq5ouzdvlh1r7gjrwo1_1280.jpg?w=1024
» coronavirus (Go to post)07-01-2021 @ 20:00 
WILLSAN said:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9121867/BBC-staff-wear-soc...
the clown world meme feels the most appropriate here but its working overtime now so ill give it a rest.

Low tech version - donít wash for a few weeks
» Merry Christmas (Go to post)26-12-2020 @ 15:48 
suk san wan christmas
» Thank covid for that. (Go to post)25-12-2020 @ 21:15 
PeteHodgson said:Have all you guys been furloughed for a lot of the year then?

Nope IT contractor, so no help from Unisys rishi (if youíre a contractor/self employed youíll know all about the Tory assault on SME limiteds over last few years)
Luckily was able to get plenty of remote work so itís worked out well in the end
» The flu jab (Go to post)04-12-2020 @ 21:27 
jt said:I have been invited to have one.

Should I have it?

Is it an attempt to control my mind?

Iíve had them yearly since 14 alongside pneumovax every 5 years due to my splenectomy - sometimes feel a bit run down afterwards. I am married so my mind is fully controlled already Grin
» Are sasquatch tit pics offensive? (Go to post)28-11-2020 @ 12:45 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:I didn't bother much with the forum for a while, but then popped in to ask them if their sightings matched Patty (the squatch in the famous footage). This wasn't well received. Seriously, what is wrong with that question??? I then chipped in using my other persona and commented that the forum is unfriendly if you're not part of the 'in crowd', and I was then told to "have some cheese", which I'm guessing indicates disapproval? Confused Grin

ĎDoes it look like patty?í Depends if they used the same fancy dress shop as Paterson and gimlin when hiring out their gorilla suit
» coronavirus (Go to post)24-11-2020 @ 18:13 
luki said:
At the risk of getting told off, thatís more believable than the eating a bat theory.
Iím not sure how to do Christmas shopping this year. Our shops are all closed in Ireland 4 weeks now. They are due to open in the first week of December, but I doubt social distancing will be adhered to. Very few local stores have decent websites. I generally avoid amazon (donít like what they did getting workers to attend during the early stages of the pandemic with no ppe.)
What are fellow Sugdenites doing?

Not much as its not officially celebrated in Thailand - which is good for me as I canít be arsed with Christmas now.

That said, every shop, mall and eatery will be done up to the nines with Christmas decorations; the usual Thai pop dross they normally pipe out will be replaced by western Christmas pop dross; and the already hideous road death rate will skyrocket as the population celebrate both Christmas and a New Year that has little meaning in Buddhism (itís 2563 now with Buddhist new year in April) by consuming huge quantities of Leo, Chang and Hong Thong and taking to the roads.
» WSM 2020 (Go to post)14-11-2020 @ 23:45 
PeteHodgson said:
Lol. Thanks.

Twitch, Reddit, Facebook..
oh for days waiting for
John Inverdale on BBC 1 at Christmas
» WSM 2020 (Go to post)14-11-2020 @ 21:06 
PeterDeLaMare said:Brian out at 470kg isnít going to be good enough I think.

Can the winner try 20 reps with 300kg?
» WSM 2020 (Go to post)14-11-2020 @ 20:59 
Post Edited: 14.11.2020 @ 20:59 PM by matthewvc
danbaseley said:
Clearly, you are concentrating too much on the facts - Yes, Le Sauvage did say, initially it was to be 300kg x 20. But, he later said, that 300kg x 10 was his immediate goal.
Alas, 300kg x uno never appeared. Mosquito bites, I assume.

Has there ever been a human being capable of 20 x 300kg.. to me 20 reps is a struggle even with 60% max, so I am guessing a 500kg pull min to achieve this feat
» coronavirus (Go to post)31-10-2020 @ 20:58 
Rick said:
Still not doing that. Schools and universities are staying open. Truly, epically, useless dickheads.

This UK government are world beatingly incompetent.. most countries thereís been a trade off between economic hardship and low fatalities (eg Thailand) or Ďbusiness as usualí and high fatalities (Brazil) - Britain has somehow managed to both trash the economy and kill tens of thousands.
What a legacy

12345678910 ... ... 185186187188189190191192193194195

You are here: HomeForummatthewvc → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto