REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 351 guests

Jesse Norris 914kg total raw@ 90kg drug free

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

EvisIcon...10-01-2016 @ 17:59 
Member 2202, 346 posts
SQ 282.5, BP 220, DL 320.5
823.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
Robbo said:Too many fantastic 'drug free' lifters shifting mega weights nowadays. Their either light years ahead of everyone else or complete bulls**tters. One thing I'm sure of, their claims are making them a lot of money out the naive majority.

When is someone too strong to be natty? Not saying Norris or anyone else is but where do these numbers come from?
1369philIcon...10-01-2016 @ 19:06 
doesnt work hard enough in the gym
Member 1492, 2138 posts
SQ 170, BP 145, DL 195
510.0 kgs @ 112kgs UnEq
Robbo said:Too many fantastic 'drug free' lifters shifting mega weights nowadays. Their either light years ahead of everyone else or complete bulls**tters. One thing I'm sure of, their claims are making them a lot of money out the naive majority.

Who makes a "lot of money"?

I've yet to hear of anyone outside of the business of supplements (company owners) who makes lots of money.
IainKendrickIcon...10-01-2016 @ 21:33 
some nice relaxing jazz.
Member 77, 12599 posts
SQ 265, BP 165, DL 280
710.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Evis said:
When is someone too strong to be natty? Not saying Norris or anyone else is but where do these numbers come from?

This really.

Random chit chat!

Years ago I always thought mid 800s would be getting to the limit of a drug free 90kg lifter. That's what we are seeing now in 93kg class in IPF. Is Norris drug free (aside from the stims lol) no idea. Stretches my brain, but so what. Since I have been Powerlifting my take on what can be achieved drug free has grown exponentially. Standards have really increased recently as numbers have gone up.

Who knows?
RobboIcon...11-01-2016 @ 02:12 
When I have enough cash, I get a deep tissue.
Member 465, 11029 posts
SQ 240, BP 175, DL 302.5
717.5 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Evis said:

922kg @ 90kg?

I don't know, to be honest, I'm saying nothing more about it, I have serious doubts, and will end up embroiled in a discussion with no ending.
MarkCleggIcon...11-01-2016 @ 06:53 
knock knock !! who's there ?? OLD SCHOOL SUGDEN
Member 212, 11439 posts
SQ 325, BP 212.5, DL 370
907.5 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
What ever he is, this guy .. He's f**king strong and that's no lie .

It really annoys Natural athletes like me and Pat Mendes when people lie about such stuff .

He's only cheating himself ?

.....And every other c**t Grin
IrishMarcIcon...11-01-2016 @ 12:44 
no really Irish
Member 1196, 5908 posts
SQ 312, BP 230, DL 320
862.0 kgs @ 114kgs UnEq
MarkClegg said:This weird looking c**t made a video about it

I haven`t listened to a single word because I actually don't give a f**k !
I`m just stuck at work gasping for a beer and some medium rare meat ....

He`s clean ! He`s Not ! He only microdoses ! He takes enough to kill a bull ..

Same old arguments about the same old s**te

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgC6wvYFkoY

This made me laugh.
bcrusherIcon...11-01-2016 @ 22:38 
Member 4865, 240 posts
Evis said:I want to know how a kid who manages to test positive for a stim everyone knows isnt wada-legal is supposed to have been fooling random, out of competition drug tests for years? Seing as even olympic level weightlifters with experienced coaches manage to get popped during comps... this kid should offer his drugtest-beating services out for rent I guess.

I mean the stimulant has a half life in the few hour-range. And now he has ruined his chances at lifting at worlds in Texas this year

http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VaXAd4ETiWk6NMmN...

He hasn't been "passing drug tests for years", he was only tested twice in 2015 and tested positive for stimulants on his second test two weeks after the first clean test. Due to funding constraints the USAPL do not do the full WADA profile IMT/OMT drug testing to bring them in line with IOC level testing - this is their statement "During 2014, the USAPL did not complete any in-meet WADA tests in
2014. We did conduct one WADA OMT test." http://www.usapowerlifting.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/2015...

Drug testing is expensive business, very expensive business and to test for the full WADA profile is big £££. Not saying Norris or any other lifters are playing the system but its a cat mouse game with drug testing in powerlifting as there is no state funding, some of the lifters who passed the IMT test might not have passed the full WADA profile test.
billynomatesIcon...11-01-2016 @ 22:52 
Member 4923, 1795 posts
Would it be such a disaster if athletes were allowed take whatever they wanted?
SimeonIcon...11-01-2016 @ 23:07 
tight in the hole
Member 2057, 3121 posts
SQ 205, BP 140, DL 260
605.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
billynomates said:Would it be such a disaster if athletes were allowed take whatever they wanted?

No. It's called all the other feds.
billynomatesIcon...11-01-2016 @ 23:19 
Member 4923, 1795 posts
Athletes in general i mean. Imagine an untested olympics!
Luke82Icon...12-01-2016 @ 08:25 
Enjoys his parents fully stocked fridge.
Member 3476, 868 posts
SQ 170, BP 136, DL 217.5
523.5 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
billynomates said:Would it be such a disaster if athletes were allowed take whatever they wanted?

Might as well accept this now.

What about a two tier system within sports, those that can afford it at least. Have an amateur status that is rigorously tested, and a pro status that isn't. You can't move up to pro until you've won at the amateur level, proving for good and all if the same people would have won anyway. Pros fund the testing in the amateur levels through subs. A failed test in the amateur levels means life time ban from all. That way those with the talent can be left alone to push the boundaries and make some money once they've proved themselves.

Could that work? Only in a perfect world maybe?
ChrisMcCarthyIcon...12-01-2016 @ 08:58 
Lost his pen, then found his pen. #phew
Member 4899, 2956 posts
It is coming, I think (although I have been saying that for a while now)...and I think the route could be the increasing prevalence of HRT / TRT. Once Joe Public has a few years to get used to the fact that their Gran no longer needs a walker (and they won't either) it will be increasingly difficult to view such things as: a) dangerous and b) cheating.

I also have to think that at some point people are going to start to question quite why so much is spent on drug testing when it could be spent on either health testing or the grass-roots development of sports.
SteveIcon...12-01-2016 @ 09:01 
nothing to hide, please follow my life on webcam
Member 255, 3732 posts
Luke82 said:
Might as well accept this now.
What about a two tier system within sports, those that can afford it at least. Have an amateur status that is rigorously tested, and a pro status that isn't. You can't move up to pro until you've won at the amateur level, proving for good and all if the same people would have won anyway. Pros fund the testing in the amateur levels through subs. A failed test in the amateur levels means life time ban from all. That way those with the talent can be left alone to push the boundaries and make some money once they've proved themselves.
Could that work? Only in a perfect world maybe?

Or loads of testing for the pros, where the money is available, the sponsors expect it and it's reasonable to expect them to make themselves available to be tested all the time and no testing for the second tier "amateurs"?
SteveIcon...12-01-2016 @ 09:08 
nothing to hide, please follow my life on webcam
Member 255, 3732 posts
ChrisMcCarthy said:

I also have to think that at some point people are going to start to question quite why so much is spent on drug testing when it could be spent on either health testing or the grass-roots development of sports.

But didn't testing originally come into place to protect athletes health? Left un unchecked who knows what risks people would take. We already hear of cyclists needing to set their alarms to wake up in the night and cycle to prevent blood clots. Just how far would people go if a total free for all was aloud?
ChrisMcCarthyIcon...12-01-2016 @ 09:54 
Lost his pen, then found his pen. #phew
Member 4899, 2956 posts
Well, true, but athletes of all stripes have been doing highly inadvisable things for far longer than the modern era of PEDs, and if the idea is to protect the health of athletes then maybe it would be a better idea to actually check their health instead.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions